Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2009   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are the TITs going to wear Oilers uniforms on MNF?

They've worn them about 5 times this season, I think. You got to know Bud would love to make it happen if it were up to him.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Are the TITs going to wear Oilers uniforms on MNF?

I think they only wear them at home. But it'd make it the loudest game ever if they did.
Old 11-15-2009   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

They wore them at New England when they lost 59-0.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

It is my understanding that they're only allowed to wear them when playing against another original AFL team so I don't think we'll be seeing them wear the Oilers uniforms.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #5
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think they only wear them at home. But it'd make it the loudest game ever if they did.
I hope they only wear them at home like you said. Should they come out with the Oilers uni in our house, I will have an ulcer for sure.

Beat Titans!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
They've worn them about 5 times this season, I think. You got to know Bud would love to make it happen if it were up to him.
You will not be seeing them again (this season anyway).

LINK
Old 11-15-2009   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are not an original AFC team and they will not be worn. The dallas Texans are represented by KC but we do not have to endure the Oilers jersey ever. We are Texans and we will let them wear what they do not want to wear thank you
Old 11-15-2009   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I would LOVE it if they ever came here with those uniforms on.

Talk about a great opportunity to exorcise the demons of our professional football past. Spanking that crappy old Oiler team would be true catharsis.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I see it a little different than a lot of you guys.

I wouldn't trade that time that I spent rooting for the Oilers for anything.

If they want to dig that uniform up again, more power to 'em. There were a lot of good men that wore that uniform that have lost their legacy. They never played in Tennessee and sadly, the Texans have no claim on them.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I think they're just going to wear a loss.
Old 11-15-2009   #11
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think they're just going to wear a loss.
Touche...well, said my friend...
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if we will ever change our Symbol i hope we dont we will prob keep this one Forever but i wish we had a throwback

we should wear our WHite helmets LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans are not going to be in Oilers gear.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I guess I see it a little different than a lot of you guys.

I wouldn't trade that time that I spent rooting for the Oilers for anything.

If they want to dig that uniform up again, more power to 'em. There were a lot of good men that wore that uniform that have lost their legacy. They never played in Tennessee and sadly, the Texans have no claim on them.
No, but HOUSTON does.
Old 11-16-2009   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No, but HOUSTON does.
True. It's bothered me that the Texans haven't done much to honor the old Oilers especially when I watched the "30 For 30" about the Baltimore Colts band.

I saw the Ravens trotting out old Colts before their opening game and they even put a Unitas statue out in front of their stadium.

"Bud owns the Oilers history" doesn't wash. The Irsays still own the Colts history and nothing stopped the Ravens from putting out that Unitas statue.

A bunch of the old Luv Ya Blue guys had a reunion a few years ago and had to do it at some bar in Conroe.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #16
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
They wore them at New England when they lost 59-0.
LOL I forgot this happened!

And I was worried we might lose this game..
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

As others said - yes, it's only for when both teams playing are AFL teams.

But here's the thing - if they wanted to wear them, they could. They would get a very hefty fine from the league - but there's nothing stopping them from wearing them if they wanted to. There's nobody that will physically STOP them from doing it... so if Bud Adams (who we already know is an a-hole and were reminded of it just yesterday) WANTED it, they could.

Won't happen, though. Even if it did, it wouldn't mean anything to the Texans players... just the fans. Maybe that would get everyone in their seats early and actually standing and cheering during the game instead of sitting there like they're watching a stageplay. (Obviously the real fans aren't included in that criticism.)

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I would LOVE it if they ever came here with those uniforms on.

Talk about a great opportunity to exorcise the demons of our professional football past. Spanking that crappy old Oiler team would be true catharsis.
That's where I ended up. I'd welcome it.

"Columbia Blue meet Battle Red, pleased to make your acquaintance. Oh you like the Red do you? Don't worry, you'll be sporting some of your own in just a moment!".
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #19
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's where I ended up. I'd welcome it.

"Columbia Blue meet Battle Red, pleased to make your acquaintance. Oh you like the Red do you? Don't worry, you'll be sporting some of your own in just a moment!".
Nice!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
True. It's bothered me that the Texans haven't done much to honor the old Oilers especially when I watched the "30 For 30" about the Baltimore Colts band.

I saw the Ravens trotting out old Colts before their opening game and they even put a Unitas statue out in front of their stadium.

"Bud owns the Oilers history" doesn't wash. The Irsays still own the Colts history and nothing stopped the Ravens from putting out that Unitas statue.

A bunch of the old Luv Ya Blue guys had a reunion a few years ago and had to do it at some bar in Conroe.
The Texans usually have a 'homecoming' game of sorts every year, IIRC. I know that I have seen many old Oilers plays at tables signing autographs. And at the "All Access" they had in 2008, Haywood Jeffires was there along with a few other Oilers from various decades.

It's not a lot, but I have read that Slug Adams keeps a tight grip on anything Oilers related, so the Texans only have so much leeway to honor the past.

Personally, I think the Texans should retire the number "34" for the fans. That is a magical number in Houston sports - Campbell, Olajuwon, Ryan - and it could be called a "fan tribute" while honoring our football past and giving the bird to Mr. Flippy in Tennessee.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read