Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-23-2005   #1
burntheends
Rookie

Default Vinny Testeverde...a Texan?

cowboys dont need him anymore....we could use a veteran back up....everyone suggests every possible player that becomes available....why not?
burntheends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

oh good god almighty
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #3
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

No way the Cowboys let Testeverde go. They are going to need Bledsoe and him both around in case one of the two breaks a hip!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I swear...if this board wasn't a family board....the FCC would ban me from my computer for such bad language.

what a terrible topic!
Old 02-23-2005   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntheends
everyone suggests every possible player that becomes available....why not?
Unless we need a QB Coach then I don't think we have much need for a 40+ year old QB. Besides if you think a mobile David Carr had trouble behind our OLine just imagine how many times a statue like Vinny would be sacked.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #6
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Dan Pastorini for backup QB. Why not? Everyone else is qualified.
Old 02-23-2005   #7
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
oh good god almighty
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2005   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I hear Warren Moon is available. Hes still younger than Vinny right?? :woot
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

:woot We could make him a TE so Bottle Bud can beat the cover 2 .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

This somehow seems strangely familiar...

Before you post something like this, think about it. Would the Texans really look to get a guy who isnt cut from his team. At this point is the 05 starter, and is 41 or so years old?

We have Carr, Persons, Ragone, and Symons. Why oh why I ask, do we need Vinny?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

as i have been listening to the compelling arguements as to why the texans need an experienced backup quarterback, and a complimentary back for DD, i hit on the solution. Thats right my friends, i can solve all the problems of the texans. First of all, the quarterback is a complex position, needing veteran, proven leadership. Thats why i propose we get Joe Namath. Before you brush me off, consider the following. 1) He is a younger, better quarterback than vinny testaverde or drew bledsoe, both of whom my colleagues have suggested picking up. 2) He has won a super bowl. 3) we get a salary cap break for the senior citizen....4) he will pick up many a sideline reporter. Now, on to the running back issue. Since DD is a proven starter, and only needs a back to spell him for a couple of downs, here is what we do. We sign Earl Campbell! Think about it...one of the greatest runners in houston history, revitalizing a young franchise, adding another exclamation point to a brilliant career, and under Namath's supervision, winning the super bowl!
Mmmmmmmm.....thats good satire
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys starter would be Texans backup. Yea, I like it, got a good ring to it.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

haha i knew when i was watching sprts center yesterday and say that they were gonna get bledsoe that someone was gonna start a thread about us getting him , but what good would a one year back up do for us, cause when he's gone we'd be right back at where we are now, no old soild back up QB, so i say we let Ragone develope, i saw potential in him last pre season !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #14
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
HEY WHILE ARE WE ARE AT IT WE CAN TRADE FOR JEFF GEORGE!
Oh, that is a GREAT idea. And then we can get Doug Flutie and Vinny Testaverde too!

No really.......WE DON'T NEED TESTAVERDE. He just needs to retire already. Hmm....I would like to see Flutie play for the Texans, though. Just to seem him do a Hail Mary against the Titans.
Old 02-23-2005   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

how about Ryan Leaf? he has all the intangibles.. and he knows how to lose so he will know what not to do. And I bet he will be willing to play backup for the league minimum.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #16
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

OH MAN, how could I forgot about Ryan Leaf? The Texans could use a Superstar like him.
Old 02-23-2005   #17
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Someone needs to start a

"Matt Stevens a Texan?" thread.

Then this whole thing will be complete.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

sudden wave of nausea!! :woot
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Vinny will go back to the Jets myself.

He's a classy guy. I hope he has success in football or coaching or whatever he decides to do.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #20
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I pretty much gave up on the topic after seeing DCowboysGal avatar pic.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read