Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-13-2009   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Help: need a hotel next to the stadium

Tailgating and staying in Houston after the Tennessee game and I want a hotel/motel right next to the stadium. I hate that Holiday Inn though. Please give me advice on where to stay... I would like it to be in walking distance from the Orange/Blue Lots, if possible.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help: need a hotel next to the stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Tailgating and staying in Houston after the Tennessee game and I want a hotel/motel right next to the stadium. I hate that Holiday Inn though. Please give me advice on where to stay... I would like it to be in walking distance from the Orange/Blue Lots, if possible.
Crowne Plaza is directly across the street (Kirby) from Platinum Lot.

Link: Crowne Plaza
Old 11-13-2009   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We stayed at the Quality Inn Reliant right there on South Loop West next to Kirby. When the sun is right you are almost literally in the shadow of Reliant. The place is clean, no palace or anything, but certainly nice enough.

Walking distance is 6-7 minutes from your door to the gate, maybe 8 minutes from Blue Crew in the Platinum Lot (see Texan Bill or David for a map). There's a Shoneys there but forget about it, maybe a dinner in a pinch but breakfast is a nightmare. Speaking of breakfast, the Continental breakfast is NOTHING like it's advertised in the link above. Instead it's a thermos of coffee and a couple of styrofoam cups, that's it. Shoneys coffee is the worst of the two choices by far so get your coffee at the hotel if they have some. I paid for the rooms like six months ago but it was $90 per night and IMO very much worth it. Make sure you leave them your car make/model/plate# before leaving as they "rent" parking to fans during the game and since you stay there your car won't have/need the permit the renters do. We had zero problems with that, just a sidenote for your car's safekeeping.

I would recommend it highly. Any questions pm me, I'd be glad to help.
Old 11-13-2009   #4
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Marriot Springhill Suites is AWESOME stayed last year

full kitchen, hd lcd in bed room and living room
Old 11-13-2009   #5
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like the holiday inn..it is sweet to see the stadium when you wake up and or fall asleep. ( is that weird?)
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we were staying at the moonlight in?

Look it up. It's funnier that way.

I really did stay there.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

I really did stay there.
I'm really not going to consult with you on this issue after that fiasco last year... or was it 2 years ago?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2009   #8
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

I really did stay there.
Quote:
I'm really not going to consult with you on this issue after that fiasco last year... or was it 2 years ago?
This sounds like a good story. Do tell.
Old 11-13-2009   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Marriot Springhill Suites is AWESOME stayed last year

full kitchen, hd lcd in bed room and living room

I stayed here as well and thought it was really nice. You can get it much cheaper on priceline as well as some others around Reliant. I have also stayed at the Comfort Suites which were alright. My friend went to a concert recently and paid like $65 on priceline for a room with a full kitchen at Homestead suites. I think rates might be a little higher where ever you try during the week. They like making money on business travelers.

I did walk from Springhill suites to the stadium and it wasn't bad. Alot of people staying there did it. That was probably the only time I didn't drive and tailgate. Usually I drive to the yellow lot and have lots of fun. I would stay at Springhill suites and drive to the stadium for the tailgating if you can get the room for $99. It is usually $149. Holiday inn express is another option if you can get it at $89. Good luck Dale.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

TxDavid's website is down right now, so this the only map I could find.
Old 11-16-2009   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Crowne Plaza is directly across the street (Kirby) from Platinum Lot.

Link: Crowne Plaza
That is where I will be staying for the game. Have you seen any issues with folks crossing Kirby after the game?
Old 11-16-2009   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
That is where I will be staying for the game. Have you seen any issues with folks crossing Kirby after the game?
(SF Game)

My wife was tired and wanted to go straight back to the hotel (Quality Inn) after the game and since I wanted to hang out with the Blue Crew as long as they were there I decided to walk her back then come back to the lot. By the time we got back to the hotel I decided to stay put based on..............intuition (oh, plus I didn't know how many of them it would take to whip my arss, but I knew how many they were going to use if they were the type I thought they were). I might have been paranoid, but better safe than sorry. Coming back alone after the crowd was gone would be a different walk altogether.

As far as traffic goes we ended up crossing at the light next to the feeder road after the game. The light was insanely long - I mean I was convinced it was stuck - but other than that no issues.
Old 11-17-2009   #13
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
You could also stay downtown at the Marriot, the train stops right there and it's a 15/20 minute ride to the stadium. Across from the marriot downtown is the new bowling alley, house of blues, and the flying saucer (great bar) is right up the street.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
You could also stay downtown at the Marriot, the train stops right there and it's a 15/20 minute ride to the stadium. Across from the marriot downtown is the new bowling alley, house of blues, and the flying saucer (great bar) is right up the street.

I read about the flying saucer. Sounds like a great bar. They have almost every beer in the world!
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read