Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2009   #1
Gymrat2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 27 Gymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I know,i know...

I live and Die for the NFL Draft,ive seen alot of them with us picking at number 19,2 out of the 3 i looked at see us takeing Brandon Spikes/MLB/Florida.

If we were to do this we would have the Most Elite LB Core in the NFL,with Cushing and Demeco outside and Spikes Solidifieng the Middle,i know all of you will rant on me for the eye thing,but im not pulling for spikes im just saying that if we where to draft him,would it be a bad thing?
Gymrat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #2
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I know,i know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat2005 View Post
I live and Die for the NFL Draft,ive seen alot of them with us picking at number 19,2 out of the 3 i looked at see us takeing Brandon Spikes/MLB/Florida.

If we were to do this we would have the Most Elite LB Core in the NFL,with Cushing and Demeco outside and Spikes Solidifieng the Middle,i know all of you will rant on me for the eye thing,but im not pulling for spikes im just saying that if we where to draft him,would it be a bad thing?
Drafting a good player is never a bad thing, but we really do have some other holes to fill like FS, DT and our O line
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

We already have the Fantastic 50's

I'll take our LB core

LB is probably the last position on our list of draft needs
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm sorry, but we already have a probowl caliber player at that position and no way in hell do they ask DeMeco to switch positions. LBer has also been our strongest positional group on the team......we're not drafting a Lber in the 1st round.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'd probably think Punter is higher on our draft board than LB, and Turk is still awesome.
Old 11-12-2009   #6
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

How about some Morgan Burnett?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmX7QBRjJas
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #7
Gymrat2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 27 Gymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Drafting a good player is never a bad thing, but we really do have some other holes to fill like FS, DT and our O line
Im Sorry but im starting to get SICK of takeing DT's in the first Round,i'd be happy if we took a Safety,even a RG or Center, GET CHRIS MYERS OUT OF THERE.
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2009   #8
Gymrat2005
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Umm sorry, but we already have a probowl caliber player at that position and no way in hell do they ask DeMeco to switch positions. LBer has also been our strongest positional group on the team......we're not drafting a Lber in the 1st round.
Demeco played outside in College,he made the Pro Bowl Just for the fact he played in the Middle,that being said 75% of the time MLB have more tackles regardless of caliber than OLB do,dont get me wrong i LOVE Demeco,he is a Great LB,but if he played OLB in the season he went to the Pro bowl,he wouldnt of gone.,but who knows

It would be really stupid to move him outside when he's gone to the pro bowl when he played the middle,your point makes a lot of sense,but i wouldnt want Spikes as OLB or sure,We know we have spots to fill,but if the texans where to take Spikes,our LB core would be top tier for the Next 12 Years.
Old 11-12-2009   #9
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Demeco played outside in College,he made the Pro Bowl Just for the fact he played in the Middle,that being said 75% of the time MLB have more tackles regardless of caliber than OLB do,dont get me wrong i LOVE Demeco,he is a Great LB,but if he played OLB in the season he went to the Pro bowl,he wouldnt of gone.,but who knows

It would be really stupid to move him outside when he's gone to the pro bowl when he played the middle,your point makes a lot of sense,but i wouldnt want Spikes as OLB or sure,We know we have spots to fill,but if the texans where to take Spikes,our LB core would be top tier for the Next 12 Years.
DeMeco loves playing the middle. He wouldn't change that for anything in the world. I think if we moved him to OLB + his contract situation, he would not be a very happy man.

Besides. He's, a top tier MLB. Or at least in my opinion. I'd rather just draft a WLB if the need is that great. But it's not. Starting next season we'll have our quality depth back.
Old 11-13-2009   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

DeMeco makes a better NFL MLB than he does a OLBer.....he sniffs out plays fast (that's also why he calls all the defensive signals) and is a sure tackler. but covering isn't one of his strengths. If you move him all your doing is making two positions weaker. He also didn't just make the probowl, because he was a MLB......there are 31 other MLBers in the league, DeMeco was one of the best.
Old 11-13-2009   #11
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Umm sorry, but we already have a probowl caliber player at that position and no way in hell do they ask DeMeco to switch positions. LBer has also been our strongest DEFENSIVE positional group on the team......we're not drafting a Lber in the 1st round.
Fixed it for ya.

WR/TE is still our strongest OVERALL team position.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Fixed it for ya.

WR/TE is still our strongest OVERALL team position.
We have two stud (probowl caliber) players at the LBing position and we have decent players backing up those spots. The WRs and TE positions are headlined by one stud player at their positions so I think the LBing core has moved past both the two others now.
Old 11-13-2009   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

LB, lol. Everyone knows our biggest problem is running the ball.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #14
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco is the Texans "Mike Singletary" in the middle. He's the glue
that makes that front seven work. I wasn't convinced of that until
I saw him against Manning on Sunday. If you watch that game, you'll
hear Demeco screaming keys to his front seven before the snap. It
was a battle of quarterbacks between he and Peyton.

Damn. This team is sooooo close. Kubiak/Smith have built something
special here in Houston.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #15
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure what kind of player will fall to us at number 32... So long as we see more of these:
Old 11-13-2009   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Demeco is the Texans "Mike Singletary" in the middle. He's the glue
that makes that front seven work. I wasn't convinced of that until
I saw him against Manning on Sunday. If you watch that game, you'll
hear Demeco screaming keys to his front seven before the snap. It
was a battle of quarterbacks between he and Peyton.

Damn. This team is sooooo close. Kubiak/Smith have built something
special here in Houston.
My favorite part of that game was when Manning was audibling and DeMeco was yelling out, "Get it right Peyton, get it right!". I'm pretty sure it was DeMeco. Anything you can do to distract Manning.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read