Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2009   #1
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does anyone remember this beautiful moment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfbv6ByVHu4

Brings a tear to my eye watching the first drive in Texans history.
Old 11-12-2009   #2
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does anyone remember this beautiful moment?

Remember when Carr was suppossed to be good? Man did he ever fall apart.

That stadium was crazy loud! I had never seen that before because it was before i was a texans fan. Nice post.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

It's weird---there's virtually nobody left from that team.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #4
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

On the first play "Look at the blocking by this offensive line, he's got all day".
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Remember when Carr was suppossed to be good? Man did he ever fall apart.

That stadium was crazy loud! I had never seen that before because it was before i was a texans fan. Nice post.
He played well at times the first 2 or 3 years, flashed his talent and made some plays, but the Texans (specifically Capers & crew) ruined Carr, totally let him down. But like you said you weren't a Texans fan then, so you didn't know.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #6
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
On the first play "Look at the blocking by this offensive line, he's got all day".
Haha yeah I had to put up the volume to hear that correctly.
Old 11-12-2009   #7
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
He played well at times the first 2 or 3 years, flashed his talent and made some plays, but the Texans (specifically Capers & crew) ruined Carr, totally let him down. But like you said you weren't a Texans fan then, so you didn't know.
Ya it wasn't until about the 3rd year that i started following the Texans because of Domanick Davis and AJ. Now i'm hooked as a fan for life. Before I only watched CFL (ya laugh all you want, I still love it).
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2009   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

He peaked in 2004.....then when young players either become a good pro or fall off........he regressed horribly in 2005 and it was clear he just didn't have it and was never going to have it.

Hate aside, the guy did have great GREAT! physical tools. He had the size, the mobility, and a rocket launcher for a arm......he just didn't have the stuff between the ears or the dedication/love for the game to become a great QB. He might've became a decent starter if he was like a 3rd round pick and was allowed to sit where he could've learned what it takes to be a pro....but starting for a expansion franchise that was ran by dimwits snuffed out any little chance he did have at becoming a decent NFL starter.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
he just didn't have the stuff between the ears or the dedication/love for the game to become a great QB.
I sincerely believe Carr is a classic example of someone blessed with all of the gifts you look for in a prototypical QB, but he had ZERO passion for the game. He would rather be doing something else, but the money sort of forced him into following the path where his ability took him.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I sincerely believe Carr is a classic example of someone blessed with all of the gifts you look for in a prototypical QB, but he had ZERO passion for the game. He would rather be doing something else, but the money sort of forced him into following the path where his ability took him.
This is how I always felt about Carr.

It also bothered me that Carrs dad attended evey practice. It was a sign.

I wonder how many practices Unitas,Montana,Aikman or Bradys dads attended?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This is how I always felt about Carr.

It also bothered me that Carrs dad attended evey practice. It was a sign.

I wonder how many practices Unitas,Montana,Aikman or Bradys dads attended?
Carr and his family were never able to seperate college from the NFL... In the NFL, during the football season you have to set your private life aside during the season and throw yourself into your profession (especially if you're a QB.....a QB needs to work "coach's hours".

It goes back to Carr and his daddy's promise to not cut their hair until they win back to back games. WHO the hell does that in the NFL?

Carr treated it like a 9 to 5 job...as soon as practice was over he punched the clock and went home and didn't report back until the rest of the players did. Good NFL quarterbacks are the first to arrive and last to leave, then when they get home, they're watching hours of tape.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #12
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually got choked up watching this. I cried like a baby throughout this game. I couldn't speak for days after the game from screaming and crying.

Thanks dearly to whoever posted this video.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i wanted to post in this thread just so my sig showed up somewhere.
Old 11-13-2009   #14
TexanPulse
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice to see the old "mouth breather" doing his thing...

Great Game.

Btw I never got over the whole daddy at practice thing either.
TexanPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #15
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I remember this was uploaded a few years back. I think it was swisherHOU who originally uploaded it, but I don't remember. YouTube took it down. But I'm glad to see it back.
Old 11-13-2009   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I dont understand how we ever drafted David Carr we could have bryant Mckinnie thats who we should of taken.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #17
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

What a game!

But it's the analyst's dialogue that has me cracking up. There are some real gems in there.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

What a game. That's a nice blast from the past.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #19
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37816 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I sincerely hope Monday Night is as loud as that game was!
This team will NEED its fans to close out this playoff run.
The last time Reliant was THAT packed was during the Jets
game.

I watched Eric Winston's blog, and N.D. Kalu yesterday, and
learned this team is FINALLY past "moral" victories. N.D. said
the plane ride was quiet, as the team went to Indy to WIN, and
they took that loss REAL HARD. Winston said that the team would
have left Indy feeling good after a game like that a couple years ago.

They are just not "that kind of team" anymore.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I sincerely hope Monday Night is as loud as that game was!
This team will NEED its fans to close out this playoff run.
The last time Reliant was THAT packed was during the Jets
game.

I watched Eric Winston's blog, and N.D. Kalu yesterday, and
learned this team is FINALLY past "moral" victories. N.D. said
the plane ride was quiet, as the team went to Indy to WIN, and
they took that loss REAL HARD. Winston said that the team would
have left Indy feeling good after a game like that a couple years ago.

They are just not "that kind of team" anymore.
I heard that too, it made me feel a lot better about this teams attitude.

As far as the game, I still bust out my DVD every once in awhile, and watch it. Its one of my favorite sports moments of all-time. A win over any other team would have been nice, but beating the Girls, just made it so much better!

I still have 10 copies of this:

Then theres this, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read