Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2009   #1
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I hate Bye-weeks because........

i dont get my Texan fix this Sunday.....and i am forced to wait for the epic MNF match up.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I hate Bye-weeks because........

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
i dont get my Texan fix this Sunday.....and i am forced to wait for the epic MNF match up.
Damn, two Texans free Sundays in a row.
Old 11-12-2009   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

because we lost and that's what we have to live with for two weeks and one day.

And then we better perform well on MNF.

But hey, other than that...it's a blast.
Old 11-12-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Think of it this way...

After this bye there's 2 Texans games within 1 week

Thats a pretty good deal huh?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #5
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
There are other good matchups this weekend...you'll be just fine !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #6
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

cuz i have nothing to do but cheer for my fantasy football team members this weekend

go vernon davis & gates
god favre
peterson
ocho cinco!
Old 11-12-2009   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate Bye-weeks because........

.........I don't. I miss having a Texan game to deal with each week, but I kind of enjoy watching a Sunday's worth of NFL football with no stress and tons of chicken wings. Tonight I get the (her) stress out of the way early due to my wife's team playing NFLN's first Thursday night'er of the year.

Also, the Texans deserve a bye week, last year they got one but it wasn't really a bye week at all due to Ike.
Old 11-12-2009   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

It falls at a great time for me. I have to catch up on Physics and Calculus because Organic Chemistry has been taking up a ton of time.
Old 11-12-2009   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but I'm loving this one. Texans should come out much healhier with Cush, Mario, Wilson and AJ getting better. We should man handle Titans and body slam Colts. Team should be very motivated by first Colt game.
Old 11-12-2009   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Cannot wait for the Monday Nighter!!!!!!

I just want to reiterate my eternal, smoldering, deep seeded and absolute hatred for the Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain and king sausage himself...Rudy.

I'm trying not to think too much about this game yet as it may cause me to lose focus at work and possibly be sent to a doctor for foaming at the mouth in anticipation of the absolute beat down we are gonna wreck on the Hoot's and Rudy. Bye bye Rudy!!!

Get ready to be moved to an NFC team next year, finally shutting up the last of the jockswinging, leg humping fans of his here in Austin who keep demanding he be put on the air here in place of the Texans! Finally, if all goes well, we Texans fans here in Austin will just be able to enjoy our team on TV while the UT fans leg hump Colt and get ready for the meltdown of the millenia if Colt doesn't win the Heisman. Here's to hoping that Colt goes to an NFC team BTW while I'm on that subject.

I went ahead and ordered a straight jacket just in case the Hoot's win so that I'll be restrained from flinging fecal matter and banging my head against the wall in frustration like a wild animal!

This is why I can't even start talking about the Hoot's game yet. I get on these long rants....

G-D I hate the Hoot's!!!!!

Highlight of the year for me would be to see MW just friggin PLANT Rudy!!!
aaahhhhh...............

In the interim though....I am looking forward to the ol' Colts-Pats re match.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Cannot wait for the Monday Nighter!!!!!!

I just want to reiterate my eternal, smoldering, deep seeded and absolute hatred for the Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain and king sausage himself...Rudy.

I'm trying not to think too much about this game yet as it may cause me to lose focus at work and possibly be sent to a doctor for foaming at the mouth in anticipation of the absolute beat down we are gonna wreck on the Hoot's and Rudy. Bye bye Rudy!!!

Get ready to be moved to an NFC team next year, finally shutting up the last of the jockswinging, leg humping fans of his here in Austin who keep demanding he be put on the air here in place of the Texans! Finally, if all goes well, we Texans fans here in Austin will just be able to enjoy our team on TV while the UT fans leg hump Colt and get ready for the meltdown of the millenia if Colt doesn't win the Heisman. Here's to hoping that Colt goes to an NFC team BTW while I'm on that subject.

I went ahead and ordered a straight jacket just in case the Hoot's win so that I'll be restrained from flinging fecal matter and banging my head against the wall in frustration like a wild animal!

This is why I can't even start talking about the Hoot's game yet. I get on these long rants....

G-D I hate the Hoot's!!!!!

Highlight of the year for me would be to see MW just friggin PLANT Rudy!!!
aaahhhhh...............

In the interim though....I am looking forward to the ol' Colts-Pats re match.

Would another by Cushing not upset you too much?
Old 11-12-2009   #12
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

MW = Modern Warfare = Mario Williams
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #13
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Would another by Cushing not upset you too much?
Love the Cush!

But it would be all that much sweeter for MW to get a good 3+ sack game in on Rudy with the whole draft bs and all that!

I have nothing against VY as a person. The whole TV thing here on KEYE CBS a while back is what drove me nuts!

My hatred for the Hoot's extends beyond that though and is all encompassing and will remain so until the Texans win a Super Bowl and hopefully Bud Adams is around to see it!

This is why you never see me post in threads that Hoot fans post in. I know myself well enough that I may say something I shouldn't. I don't want to be classless so I just hold my tongue. Any other team I can debate and be level headed....not with the Hoot's and I make no apologies for that!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I hate Bye-weeks because........

.........I don't. I miss having a Texan game to deal with each week, but I kind of enjoy watching a Sunday's worth of NFL football with no stress and tons of chicken wings. Tonight I get the (her) stress out of the way early due to my wife's team playing NFLN's first Thursday night'er of the year.

Also, the Texans deserve a bye week, last year they got one but it wasn't really a bye week at all due to Ike.
That's what I liked about not having a team here. You could watch NFL football games for what they were.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

So......its Sunday........and....

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That's what I liked about not having a team here. You could watch NFL football games for what they were.
Amen to that.
Stress-free football watching is soooo relaxing.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm BORED! Woke up EARLY this morning thinking about tailgating and watching Texan football! NOT gonna happen! Niners played Thurs, and the cowpokes and meatballs DO NOT grace my TV screen! What to do??! Maybe I'll clean out the garage, maybe NOT!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #18
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63030 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

... our next game isn't until a Monday night, so that's over 14 consecutive days with zero Texans football.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm BORED! Woke up EARLY this morning thinking about tailgating and watching Texan football! NOT gonna happen! Niners played Thurs, and the cowpokes and meatballs DO NOT grace my TV screen! What to do??! Maybe I'll clean out the garage, maybe NOT!
I feel ya Sandy, its just feels weird. I'm gonna take the kid to play putt-putt at Mountasia. It will be good to get out and spend some fun time with the girl.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, we can always cheer for the Bills to smack the Tits around.

Probably not going to happen, but one can wish for it!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read