Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-11-2009   #1
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TCU Lizard Pants

New Nike Uniforms

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports...iforms/1525952
The Lizard King lives!
Old 11-12-2009   #2
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TCU Lizard Pants

Man are those uni's dope as hell!
Old 11-13-2009   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah it is the new Nike promotion. And the red stripes on the helmet represent the blood it squirts out of its eyes. Cool stuff. Hope my Frogs can win a big one this weekend.
Old 11-13-2009   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Yeah it is the new Nike promotion. And the red stripes on the helmet represent the blood it squirts out of its eyes. Cool stuff. Hope my Frogs can win a big one this weekend.
I hope they will too. They have a great program up there.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Those are cool!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Purple is such a pretty color...

Frog and Dante. The new uni's are cool looking.
Old 11-13-2009   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Frog and Dante. The new uni's are cool looking.
Soo...sooo torn on this game.

Grew up with season tickets to Utah football and basketball where my dad is big alum.
Learned to hate Provo and BYU with a passion.

Moved to Texas.

Went to TCU.

Last season it was easy to cheer against TCU. This year it will be hard to reverse the fortune against Utah.

Ahhhh.

Jerseys are very cool, reminds me of the Adrian Peterson commercial where he has the snake skin.....good ole' Nike to pull that one off.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2009   #8
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Soo...sooo torn on this game.

Grew up with season tickets to Utah football and basketball where my dad is big alum.
Learned to hate Provo and BYU with a passion.

Moved to Texas.

Went to TCU.

Last season it was easy to cheer against TCU. This year it will be hard to reverse the fortune against Utah.

Ahhhh.

Jerseys are very cool, reminds me of the Adrian Peterson commercial where he has the snake skin.....good ole' Nike to pull that one off.
The material being used is that Nike Pro-Combat stuff and here is a link to the rest of the other teams using the gear

http://friendsoftheprogram.net/2009/...-with-slogans/
Old 11-14-2009   #9
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

I love TCU, but I dislike that Uni.

But that's just me.
SteveSlaton20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a big fan of all these new Nike uniforms, but anything that gets TCU's name out there is good for the program.

Gary Patterson is my second favorite coach in all of college football (just behind Muschamp). I have never been able to meet him but I met some of his assistants at a conference and you can't help but be in awe of those guys. Their knowledge of the way defensive football should be played is outstanding. You can't watch TCU play defense and not get pumped up.

I hope they pound Utah.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a question for you TCU alums and/or fans ? I was watching a few minutes of one of their games in the last few weeks, against San Diego as I recall ? Anyway the stands were virtually empty so I just assumed it was a road game, then discovered to my surprise it was in FTW. What's that about, I assumed TCU would have a strong, very supportive fan-base, especially with the kind of season they're having ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Here's a question for you TCU alums and/or fans ? I was watching a few minutes of one of their games in the last few weeks, against San Diego as I recall ? Anyway the stands were virtually empty so I just assumed it was a road game, then discovered to my surprise it was in FTW. What's that about, I assumed TCU would have a strong, very supportive fan-base, especially with the kind of season they're having ?
Not positive, but I don't think they have ever sold out their stadium.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure the game tonight is sold out...

my guess about the other would be maybe a small alumni base, the opponents they play not bringing fans...it's not like it use to be when they played Texas schools.

But still they should be filling that place based upon the excellent teams they field.

Frog would know. That's his school.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #14
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
I love TCU, but I dislike that Uni.

But that's just me.
okay, they look much better now. it looked terrible in the pic.
SteveSlaton20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #15
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with SS20, I didn't like how the uni's looked in the OP's pictures, but on College Gameday and during the game, those jersey's looked pretty nice.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #16
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm not a big fan of all these new Nike uniforms, but anything that gets TCU's name out there is good for the program.

Gary Patterson is my second favorite coach in all of college football (just behind Muschamp). I have never been able to meet him but I met some of his assistants at a conference and you can't help but be in awe of those guys. Their knowledge of the way defensive football should be played is outstanding. You can't watch TCU play defense and not get pumped up.

I hope they pound Utah.
David Bailiff was one of his best assistants
Old 11-14-2009   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Not positive, but I don't think they have ever sold out their stadium.
They sold out in the past. They did when I was a kid going to games and they played UT..I think 1984..Kenneth Davis v Edwin Simmons of UT. UT killed them. they sold out Tech last year and some others. Of course the stadium has greatly improved compared to the old days of one bowl level and the small upper level.

Great game. The unis were fun. One time thing. I like the red for the blood they shoot from the eyes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read