Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2009   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing mid-season All-Pro!

Good to see Texans getting some respect. AJ is on the offense and BC is the lone rookie on the squad.

ESPN.com's midseason All-Pro squad was compiled after discussions with about a dozen general managers, personnel directors and pro scouts, and some consultation with the folks at Scouts Inc.

Brian Cushing, SLB, Houston Texans

Reasoning: He's the lone rookie on the All-Pro team, and Cushing's outstanding all-around performance has earned him a spot. Unofficially, he has registered 78 tackles, and also has 1.5 sacks and two interceptions. He's hardly been overwhelmed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=4642533
Old 11-11-2009   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing mid-season All-Pro!

Simply amazing.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Bust!
Old 11-11-2009   #4
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 36 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected

workout warrior....roid head....injury prone
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone see his twitter?

While most of the players are going on trips or taking a break from the season during their bye, Cushing is traveling to USC to train and is brining Titans film with him!

Hopefully they'll motivate him to bring the hurt to VY
Old 11-11-2009   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a wuss. Can't even get through his rookie season without needing accolades.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #7
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Not according to everyone's boy, Peter King via Twitter:

@SI_PeterKing how does brian cushing not make your all-pro team?

@alexdbrewer:... Because James Harrison and Dumervil are better.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2009   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Peter King's Twitter privileges should be revoked.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags View Post
Not according to everyone's boy, Peter King via Twitter:

@SI_PeterKing how does brian cushing not make your all-pro team?

@alexdbrewer:... Because James Harrison and Dumervil are better.
I tweeted King back after this

Me - @SI_PeterKing Cant compare Doom & J_Harrison to Cush...Those 2 are stand up DE's, Cush is a coverage 4-3 OLB

I also told him Cush is the best 4-3 SAM in the game right now
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing has simply been a pleasure to watch this year. I love having this guy on our team. I think that Cushing has been the best draft pick the Texans have ever made when you consider where we drafted him in the 1st. The only guy that I would argue might have been a better pick is Andre so I'll call it a push.

Cushing is freaking lightning and thunder mixed in one though. I was watching him in the last game and he was involved on every single tackle somehow, every pass that was defended he was either knocking it down himself or right there in coverage making it more difficult on the QB, or he was disrupting the backfield. He covers the entire field so well where is starting to remind me of Ray Lewis with the sideline to sideline action. I freaking love this kid. Cushing will not only win ROTY, but he will probably become a pro bowler as a rookie as well. Mario is a great player and all, but right now I'd have to say that Cushing is our best player on defense.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #11
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Cush getting the love!! Very well deserved, Andre is also on that list if you click over to the Offensive picks
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Fricking sweet!

I admit I was not 100% in love with the pick, but then again I wasn't absolutely pi$$ed when we selected him. I had my doubts about his durability, and adjusting to the speed of the game. Time will tell if he can continue to play at this level.

I'm stoked to have him on our team. I've always thought that a bad a$$ set of LBs were the most intimidating thing in football, now it looks like the Texans are on their way to building just that.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiantexan View Post
workout warrior....roid head....injury prone
other than roid remark - all true.

I'm currently reading ROMO w/adam schefter & phil towle. not to be taken in a negative vein.....can't express this strong enough. it's about integrety & commitment to being the best of the best, can't blame Texas football fans for disliking USC either. the problem with evaluating talent in a program loaded with elite athletes is choosing between them, they had three very talented LB's we all fought over which one to take.

Nutrition is so important to athletes & fans alike if you think about? things like hyperaric chambers, extensive gym regiments w/cutting edge supplements is not. I really feel Bill Romanowski aka "ROMO" was the orginal modern day athlete who pushed the envelope & was not afraid to try anything without regard for his body, like a lab rat so athletes today can move forward to the next level without suffering the same dangers. Brian is a prime example of his sacrifices & represents a next level athlete building on personel sacrifices.

Does he belong in the Pro-Bowl? based on his perfomance on the field, its a resounding yes sir. did anyone else catch the convestation he had with Peyton Manning after the game? what would you imagine that conversation was all about? nice game, yada yada yaday or peyton- "man great game you really shut us down in the 2nd half, your a tough match-up already. I'll see you again" Brian- "it was awesome to face the best, you made things tough for me, next time I'll have to be better prepared."
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #14
50boys
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer

Damn, and would could of had Clay Matthews. Way to go Texans.
50boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Cushing has brought a mean streak to the team that they haven't had ever before. For him to come in and miss an entire preseason and play lights out since the get go is remarkable IMO. You don't see that very often in any league and I don't care if he played in the same type of D at USC what he is doing in his rookie season in the NFL is flat out impressive. He has completed the LB corps and driven the guys around to pick up their level of play and create a true winning atmosphere for the first time ever in franchise history. JJ has improved light years but Cush has come in from college and raised the stakes much higher than ever before and not to take anythhing away from Ryans who is having a good season thus far but Cush is slowly becoming the new leader of the D IMO. Way to go Cush keep up the great work you truely are a beast.
Old 11-11-2009   #16
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Extremely well deserved, Cushing has slotted seamlessly into the pro game. Great talent.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Did anyone see his twitter?

While most of the players are going on trips or taking a break from the season during their bye, Cushing is traveling to USC to train and is brining Titans film with him!

Hopefully they'll motivate him to bring the hurt to VY
Wasn't he a frosh on the USC team that U-T (starring VY) beat for the 2005 BCS National Beauty Pagent ...err, Championship

you think Cushing needs more motivation than that?
okay, maybe so
Old 11-11-2009   #18
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Wasn't he a frosh on the USC team that U-T (starring VY) beat for the 2005 BCS National Beauty Pagent ...err, Championship

you think Cushing needs more motivation than that?
okay, maybe so
I think he was a only a freshman that season.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #19
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Cushing has brought a mean streak to the team that they haven't had ever before. For him to come in and miss an entire preseason and play lights out since the get go is remarkable IMO. You don't see that very often in any league and I don't care if he played in the same type of D at USC what he is doing in his rookie season in the NFL is flat out impressive. He has completed the LB corps and driven the guys around to pick up their level of play and create a true winning atmosphere for the first time ever in franchise history. JJ has improved light years but Cush has come in from college and raised the stakes much higher than ever before and not to take anythhing away from Ryans who is having a good season thus far but Cush is slowly becoming the new leader of the D IMO. Way to go Cush keep up the great work you truely are a beast.
Nah. Demeco is the Captain of that ship, but Cushing is a hell
of a First Mate. Cushing even credits Demeco for his fast development,
as it's Demeco's job to make sure the Front Seven does its job before
the snap.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #20
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

I just glad we have 3 great players in our front 7.
DeMeco is great and being able to play with and learn from him has helped Cushing turn into one heck of a rookie LB and may soon surpass DeMeco.
Mario will always be a beast, but its good to see a solid cast around him too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read