Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2009   #1
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playoffs???

In the hunt for the wild card spots...

Steelers, Chargers, Texans, Jets, Jaguars, Ravens and maybe Miami only two can go do we have a chance?

Steelers Remaining Schedule:

PIT @ DEN L
CIN @ PIT L
PIT @ KC W
PIT @ BAL L
OAK @ PIT W
PIT @ CLE W
GB @ PIT W
BAL @ PIT L/W
PIT @ MIA W

That would put them at 10-6 or 11-5

Chargers Remain Schedule:

PHI @ SD L
SD @ DEN L
KC @ SD W
SD @ CLE W
SD @ DAL L
CIN @ SD L
SD @ TEN W
WAS @ SD W

That would put them at 9-7

Texans Remaining Schedule

TEN @ HOU W
IND @ HOU W/L
HOU @ JAC W
SEA @ HOU W
HOU @ STL W
HOU @ MIA W
NE @ HOU W/L

That puts us at 10-6 or 11-5 or at worst 9-7

Miami Remaing Schedule

TB @ MIA W
MIA @ CAR W
MIA @ BUF W
NE @ MIA W/L
MIA @ JAC W
MIA @ TEN W
HOU @ MIA L
PIT @ MIA L

That puts Miami at 8-8 or 9-6

Ravens Remaing Schedule

BAL @ CLE W
IND @ BAL L
PIT @ BAL L
BAL @ GB W/L
DET @ BAL W
CHI @ BAL W
BAL @ PIT W/L
BAL @ OAK W

That puts them at 8-8 to 10-6

Jets and Jags have no chance schedule is not working with them so here is the picture with the best W/L record possible

Steelers 10-6 or 11-5
Chargers 9-7
Texans 10-6 or 11-5
Miami 9-7
Ravens 9-7 or 10-6

If the Texans can go 10-6 i think we have an awesome shot at taking the wildcard spot for sure!!!!
Old 11-09-2009   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoffs???

Oh Jeez . .

Well, it's better than talking about who to take in the draft.

I just superstitious, that's all.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

probably not. Maybe ask on a week after a win? By the way, pretty much nobody had Jacksonville down as an L, so predicting schedules with the texans is a bit foolhardy.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Oh Jeez . .

Well, it's better than talking about who to take in the draft.

I just superstitious, that's all.
Me, too...
Old 11-09-2009   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
probably not. Maybe ask on a week after a win? By the way, pretty much nobody had Jacksonville down as an L, so predicting schedules with the texans is a bit foolhardy.
Yeah, we'll probably beat everyone left except for St. Louis. Wait for it.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #6
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

It's still way too early to really predict what any team will do. Injuries and streaky play are going to affect some of the teams on this list. I do think 10-6 will be enough to get in. There have only been 4 teams that failed to make the playoffs with double digit wins since the NFL went to 12 teams in 1992. I'm not going to say who gets to ten wins though -- the closest I'll go is Pittsburgh who I feel are going to close strong.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

were is the gif :I

PLAYOFFS ARE U KIDDING ME PLAYOFFS I JUST HOPE WE WIN A GAME !!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2009   #8
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Miami is likely going to be the game for us to win, then with NE hopefully already berthed they'll likely sit their starters.. or will they? If we are playing good and they have a chance to eliminate us will they?
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #9
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I would take that. Happily.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #10
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
brakos said it, so it shall be done!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #11
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, people. We can't even BEGIN to talk or think about playoffs until we get past at least Tennessee, Indy, and then Jacksonville. Three division games in a row. The division may now be out of reach, but these are three teams that know us very well and can beat us at almost any given time. Win those three and come out 8-4, THEN we can talk playoffs.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #12
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Seriously, people. We can't even BEGIN to talk or think about playoffs until we get past at least Tennessee, Indy, and then Jacksonville. Three division games in a row. The division may now be out of reach, but these are three teams that know us very well and can beat us at almost any given time. Win those three and come out 8-4, THEN we can talk playoffs.
We can and will talk playoffs, as we have been the past few weeks.

It has been fun being in the hunt and a must win in on MNF will continue the talk but a loss would ALMOST end it.

I am still calling it a must win.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, anyway, who are we gonna beat in the Superbowl?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #14
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
So, anyway, who are we gonna beat in the Superbowl?
Cowboys, duh
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs? It's where I want the Texans to be, but there's a lot of turf to run down before we get to that. I think the Texans can do it, but they have to win out the division games now. Don't think for a second the Texans aren't capable of beating Indy at home and turning around and losing in St. Louis. You know it's true. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Our chances to get into the playoffs very likely were sealed back in September whne we lost our first 2 home games, especially the one against division opponent Jacksonville.
Sundays game was a heartbreaking loss, but we weren;t expected to win that game - splittting with the Colts is the goal which means winning in Reliant later this month.
It's probably gonna take 10 wins which means we'd need to win 5 of our last
7, and that won't be easy. Kubiak did not have us ready vs the Jets and the defense (which is now playing very well), was not yet up to speed vs the Jags/MJD. Ultimately that's also kubiaks fault.
FWIW that's my assessment. Getting into the playoffs this year is still doable, but not likely, and I could say we are gonna win all of the reamining games or all but one and end up with 12 or 11 wins but I'll leave that to the pollyannas on the Board.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #17
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can go 2-1 over the next 3 divisional games then we will be in a decent enough position. San Diego is the scary team for us because they could win 10-11 games, and barring a colapse by Pitt or Cincy, they will have one spot. We really need to hope that San Diego loses a few more games, and Baltimore does the same.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Tell me grasshopper, what is that in your hand?"
"Master, it is my future."
"True. Don't fumble it."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read