Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Crow Time!

Well, it's officially that time to where I have to own up and eat some crow on behalf of Jacoby Jones. He still scares the hell out of me at times, but the guy continues to make plays in every game somehow and he really came through with some more important plays yesterday and stepped up for the Texans in Daniels absence. I've been very critical of the guy in the past and bashed him pretty hard at times and didn't really think he would ever start really rising up to his potential, but he is improving more and more and is helping this team. Now I have not been alone in this either though, so for all of the other folks in here that have wanted Jones thrown off of a cliff or a bus like I have in the past, come on guys own up a little and enjoy some of these bacon wrapped crow bites! Yummy!
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Crow Time!

Still scares the ever living bejeeeeezus out of me with regards to returns. That said, I have to agree with Tex on this....
Old 11-09-2009   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ has been a pleasant surprise this season, both on SS and Offense. I have a feeling that AJ has influenced him in a good way.
Old 11-09-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't wanna gloat and sound like a jerk but for the record I was never critical and always looked at JJ in a positive light.... 6'4" receivers with top end speed don't grow on trees. The kid has become a receiver other than a returner which was the next step in his career. The next step will be upping his snap count to 50-75% of the plays... Whether or not he does remains to be seen
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

My only problem with him was the fumbling last year. Same reason I'm down on Slaton right now. I don't think I should be eating crow but this can be me trying some crow soup for being down on him last year. JJ is making it happen and since he's devouring what's on his plate right now....maybe hit the dude up a little more. He and AJ out wide with KW in the slot makes me hurl. That's the most disgusting WR set ever.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, he did drop that one ball..............
Old 11-09-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I don't wanna gloat and sound like a jerk but for the record I was never critical and always looked at JJ in a positive light.... 6'4" receivers with top end speed don't grow on trees. The kid has become a receiver other than a returner which was the next step in his career. The next step will be upping his snap count to 50-75% of the plays... Whether or not he does remains to be seen
Well good for you and you may gloat away . This is a case where I am happy to have been wrong and will gladly continue to CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2009   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton scares me more about dropping the ball than JJ does these days.

I'm glad JJ turned it around, and I was one of those that were hard on him as well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

It's a bit salty actually...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

Well, it's officially that time to where I have to own up and eat some crow on behalf of Jacoby Jones. He still scares the hell out of me at times, but the guy continues to make plays in every game somehow and he really came through with some more important plays yesterday and stepped up for the Texans in Daniels absence. I've been very critical of the guy in the past and bashed him pretty hard at times and didn't really think he would ever start really rising up to his potential, but he is improving more and more and is helping this team. Now I have not been alone in this either though, so for all of the other folks in here that have wanted Jones thrown off of a cliff or a bus like I have in the past, come on guys own up a little and enjoy some of these bacon wrapped crow bites! Yummy!

At this point, I don't know why Andre Davis is still used as much as he is. JJ does everything he does, but is a better reciever. Davis is undersized, and can't play the slot because he turns like an Aircraft Carrier. Almost a wasted roster spot, except he's a decent gunner.
Old 11-09-2009   #11
50boys
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer

Was I the only one scared to death with JJ catching those punts and kickoffs in the sun yesterday. I was saying a prayer. He made me proud though.
50boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #12
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 138918 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby one-on-one is a matchup we can exploit againt all but a very select few CBs out there. Without safety help (achieved by putting Andre in the slot on the same side, the Texans should be able to exploit this to death.

Crow "tastes like chicken"!
Old 11-09-2009   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Are there any drumsticks left?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

While you're chomping away, do you still want Kubiak fired? Just thought I'd ask.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
While you're chomping away, do you still want Kubiak fired? Just thought I'd ask.
I'm still not a fan of Kubes. Not at all. I think he's a glorified OC that is a head coach right now. I don't like a lot of his decisions that he's made this year and I think many of them have hurt this team especially in the win/loss column. Yesterday was a perfect example of that with how he nor anyone else was prepared for that situation where they needed to run a quick play so the Colts couldn't challenge. That was another big lapse that ended up hurting the outcome of the game.

This isn't a thread about Kubes though. This is a thread about Jacoby Jones and how many of us have doubted him and bashed the guy a lot and I think it's at the point where we or most of us can all agree that he's improved a lot and might not be a great player, but he's at least a player that we can expect to help us each week and I'm happy about that.
Old 11-09-2009   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

it is the power of the hair

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

a better pic
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #18
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
At this point, I don't know why Andre Davis is still used as much as he is. JJ does everything he does, but is a better reciever. Davis is undersized, and can't play the slot because he turns like an Aircraft Carrier. Almost a wasted roster spot, except he's a decent gunner.
I completely agree. Jones has overtaken Davis as a wide receiver. The thing that stands out to me is his ability to catch the long passes down the field in stride. He has done it time and time again this season. Davis has good speed, but it's 50/50 if he catches those same passes.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #19
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Posted on this very subject a few days ago, I've been pleasantly surprised by JJ this year and wasn't expecting that to be the case.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well good for you and you may gloat away . This is a case where I am happy to have been wrong and will gladly continue to CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!
Rep for starting this thread and admitting you might have been a bit premature regarding J.J.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read