Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2009   #1
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ptsd

I didn't get a chance to watch the game this week. However, when I found out how the Texans lost, by missing a last-second field goal chance, my reaction was, "Of course they did." It wasn't a sarcastic thought, or an angry one. Just acceptance.

I was pulled back to the powder-blue days of my youth, when Warren Moon was still lighting up the scoreboard. How many times did I hear about a failed field goal try losing the game for my beloved Oilers?

Al Del Greco. There, I said it. The only football player to play for a team I rooted for that I actually hated. I mean, hated.

If you could never count on the weather, and you could never count on anything else, you could always count on good ol' ADG to come in with the game on the line and miss the kick.

God, but I hate football sometimes.
Old 11-09-2009   #2
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ptsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
I didn't get a chance to watch the game this week. However, when I found out how the Texans lost, by missing a last-second field goal chance, my reaction was, "Of course they did." It wasn't a sarcastic thought, or an angry one. Just acceptance.

I was pulled back to the powder-blue days of my youth, when Warren Moon was still lighting up the scoreboard. How many times did I hear about a failed field goal try losing the game for my beloved Oilers?

Al Del Greco. There, I said it. The only football player to play for a team I rooted for that I actually hated. I mean, hated.

If you could never count on the weather, and you could never count on anything else, you could always count on good ol' ADG to come in with the game on the line and miss the kick.

God, but I hate football sometimes.
Automatic Al? Really? Funny, I don't remember it that way.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm....no! Al was called Automatic Al as the above poster posted and he was with the organization for many many years. I do recall Al bouncing a FG off the uprights in his first debut, only to comeback in the same game and beat the Cowgirls. Al has always said in this league it is "What have you done for me lately" when it comes to kickers.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

You thinking of Ian Howfield?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

The Oilers always had good kickers - unless it was clutch (which is really the only time a kicker can prove his worth).

I don't remember ADG being a good clutch kicker. I don't remember Tony Z being a good clutch kicker. I do remember Ian Howfield very well, sigh.

KB has been a breath of fresh air, because he's always been clutch... until yesterday. You have to make a 42 yarder, man. Still, more times than not - he's clutch and he'll bounce back.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read