Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Thank you Texans

For making our games fun to watch again.

that's all.
Old 11-09-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank you Texans

What was fun about today's game? That was the most painful ending to a Texans game in recent memory.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #3
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with powerfuldragon. I don't know if "fun" is the best word to describe it however I did feel something today that I haven't felt since 1994, the last competitive year of the Oilers. That nervous feeling of rooting for a legitimate contending team going on the road to play against a heavy favorite hoping for an upset.

Until this week the Texans have never in their history been considered any kind of contender. This loss doesn't change any of that. Actually it only confirmed in my mind that they are a legitimate team now.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I agree with powerfuldragon. I don't know if "fun" is the best word to describe it however I did feel something today that I haven't felt since 1994, the last competitive year of the Oilers. That nervous feeling of rooting for a legitimate contending team going on the road to play against a heavy favorite hoping for an upset.

Until this week the Texans have never in their history been considered any kind of contender. This loss doesn't change any of that. Actually it only confirmed in my mind that they are a legitimate team now.
exactly. i haven't been on tenterhooks like this since 19-10... it's nice.
Old 11-09-2009   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
What was fun about today's game? That was the most painful ending to a Texans game in recent memory.
Rosencopter game was pretty much yesterday...I swear some of y'all have alzheimer's. I mean yes IT SUCKED BALLS, but we all checked this off as a loss before the year started...

Y'all should've been trashing the team during the Jets and Jags home losses like I was, instead of trashing me and a few others for "hopping off a bandwagon" ....those were the losses where Houston fell behind the 8 ball for the playoffs........ Those were the losses to get pissy and upset about...not this one.

Hell I'm not even upset at the team for this loss .....It was expected. I'm actually optimistic that they're now on the right track with that defense and I couldn't even say that last year or earlier this year..

"the most painful ending to a Texans game in recent memory",...I can think of alot worse. This is what happens when you see a couple of people trip out early in the season and you tell them to "calm down....it's early in the season". If the Texans took care of business early in the season nobody would be pissing and moaning right now, but none of that really matters anymore. The thing that matters right now is that for the first time since forever they're building a legit kick ass defense.....so let's see where that takes us.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-09-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #6
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 110 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

GET TO THA CHOPPA!!!
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg View Post
GET TO THA CHOPPA!!!
what's the matter dillon, cia got you pushing too many pencils?
Old 11-09-2009   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree!
Old 11-09-2009   #9
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 110 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
what's the matter dillon, cia got you pushing too many pencils?
I woke up. Why don't you?
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

We're a rescue team, not assassins.
Old 11-09-2009   #11
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess that depends on your definition of fun.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I guess that depends on your definition of fun.
Excitement?
Old 11-09-2009   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I walked into the stadium for the jets game with a nice buzz. By halftime I was sober and depressed. Other than that the games have been great. Jags game was the gut wrencher.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #14
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I can see where the others are coming from.

I ask you, what do you think is worse, this type of game where we're in it until the last second.
(and if you saw the post-game presser, The Forehead (Manning) KNEW they were lucky to escape with their lives!)

or

one of the past Colts beatdowns where we're pretty much out of the game by halftime and we're all looking for something else to watch.

Mark my words, the Colts knew they were in a fight today. We've gone from an "easy win" to an "oh sh!t, we have to play THEM again!?" game for everyone on the schedule

now if we can just get Schaub not to throw so many INTs.....

Last edited by ObsiWan; 11-09-2009 at 07:17 AM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I can see where the others are coming from. What's worse, this type of game where we're in it until the last second.
...and if you saw the post-game presser, The Forehead (Manning) KNEW they were lucky to escape with their lives!

or

one of the past Colts beatdowns where we're pretty much out of the game by halftime and we're all looking for something else to watch.

Mark my words, the Colts knew they were in a fight today. We've gone from an "easy win" to an "oh sh!t, we have to play THEM again!?" game for everyone on the schedule

now if we can just get Schaub not to throw so many INTs.....
..or if we can get the defense to not make silly penalties.
..or if we can not play so sloppy.

Ifs, ands, or buts, we've got a quarterback with a spine of steel,
that led us to a chance to win despite ourselves. The Texans showed
me a lot yesterday. In fact, on his last interception, if Schaub didn't
get clubbed in the head, that drive WAS going for a touchdown. We
are now a team that's good enough to go toe-to-toe with the best.
I really don't feel bad about yesterday's loss. I'm ready for Monday Night.
I remember this team when they didn't HAVE tough losses. They were
USED TO losing.

Since Kubiak got here, there is a HUNGER for winning. This is a VERY YOUNG
team we have here. They are where the Colts were about 6 years ago. It's
painful, but they are headed in "the right direction." They have yet to take
a step backwards under Kubiak. All this "FIRE EVERYBODY" bull**** needs
to stop. Richard Smith was replaced by the guy Kubiak wanted from the
beginning. Next year, this team should be top 10 in total offense AND
total defense. They've gotten THAT good. Despite the loss, the Texans
have the ability to go 12-4. I see EVERY game from here on out as a dogfight
no matter how sloppy this team plays.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #16
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
..or if we can get the defense to not make silly penalties.
..or if we can not play so sloppy.

Ifs, ands, or buts, we've got a quarterback with a spine of steel,
that led us to a chance to win despite ourselves. The Texans showed
me a lot yesterday. In fact, on his last interception, if Schaub didn't
get clubbed in the head, that drive WAS going for a touchdown. We
are now a team that's good enough to go toe-to-toe with the best.
I really don't feel bad about yesterday's loss. I'm ready for Monday Night.
I remember this team when they didn't HAVE tough losses. They were
USED TO losing.

Since Kubiak got here, there is a HUNGER for winning. This is a VERY YOUNG
team we have here. They are where the Colts were about 6 years ago. It's
painful, but they are headed in "the right direction." They have yet to take
a step backwards under Kubiak. All this "FIRE EVERYBODY" bull**** needs
to stop. Richard Smith was replaced by the guy Kubiak wanted from the
beginning. Next year, this team should be top 10 in total offense AND
total defense. They've gotten THAT good. Despite the loss, the Texans
have the ability to go 12-4. I see EVERY game from here on out as a dogfight
no matter how sloppy this team plays.

I agree with you!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg View Post
GET TO THA CHOPPA!!!
[laughing maniacly]
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to agree. This team can play. I was started to be apathetic to my Texans, but I feel energized and excited again. I hated seeing them go down blow it, but I was entertained. (damn, that sounded a bit gay)
Old 11-09-2009   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I suppose I'm too emotionally involved with this team or something. I was completely drained after this game. As if someone gutted my dog in front of me.

Like the Texans, I need this bye week too.
Old 11-09-2009   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't think Indianapolis is as good as their record of 8-0. Thats what they are though but they have been really lucky. They won't make it to the superbowl. I'm more worried about teams like Pittsburgh, New England and San Diego. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Texans just made the playoffs and had to go to Pittsburgh for their first ever playoff game. After the Steelers always kept the Oilers from advancing to the superbowl. I don't think this team would want to go there.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read