Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Get Over It...some realizations

I have some things to say that really bug me. I feel being an outsider that is a fan of another team and who has stayed for years to see the growth gives me a perspective.

1) The Texans are a good team. Probably the best team they have had. But that next step is a *****. There was a quote by Bill Parcells.."You are what your record says you are." The losses are deserved and the wins are gained. Nothing more, nothing less. The Texans are a good team that can be average at times. Unlike what most expected I think the defense is being more consistent than the offense. You have to remember that the Colts ruled that first half and only were up 13-3

2) The refs didn't screw you. I've seen this thread after thread for 3 games this year. I'm not sure if it is a product of being so close but yet so far but it is a b.s excuse. The penalties were deserved. Maybe they didn't get their share but the Texans deserved the ones they got and that is called sloppy ball no matter what the Colts did. They need to take accountability.

3) I'll admit, being a Cowboy fan it has been hard buying in with all my years here. I couldn't with Carr and when he left I started to try again. I haven't been a fan of some of what the organization does with being so careful with each step. I am still not completely sold on Kubes. But I do like this team and think it has some strong leaders. From the outside in, they have no reason not to think every game should be winnable. That is a first.

With all that said it seems like a team at a crossroads. Maybe a year away. Hate to say that because I hate that saying and think coaches can only get so much leash. But I think a core is there. I'm not saying this as some kind of like "maybe next year" feel but right now it feels like a team learning how to win tight ones. I guess I hate seeing the excuses. Like I said think the being so close has brought people to making them but in reality it is about being a mature enough team to finish those games in all environments.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 11-08-2009 at 11:40 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 85232 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get Over It

Frog, how can you say you couldn't be a fan of some things the organization has done, then say you are a cowboy fan? I hope to God you don't think that is what an organization should be. The Texans may not get everything right, but we don't have a history of signing convicts, felons and problem child players. Your team has a classless owner. Bob McNair wouldn't dream of paying someone like Pacman Jones to play, but that is a good example of cowboy type players.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get Over It...some realizations

I dont care what u have to say Cowgirl Fan .....

u know some of us are not crying and complaning we are just talking about some of the flaws of this game and our team

yeah we lost OK suck it up move on to next week nothing we can do to change this week except send our comments to the Board about a few things LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it funny a Cowboy fan is lecturing us about crying after a loss AND blaming refs ...

Kettle, I'd like you to meet the Pot.

Last edited by Kimmy; 11-08-2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: speeeeeling
Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure what me being a Cowboy fan has to do with my comments that were pretty truthful and weren't blasting the team. It was about growing pains and I'll I get is that weak b.s. Give me a break. I've been here a long time..a real long time.. and realize that you can be smarter than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Frog, how can you say you couldn't be a fan of some things the organization has done, then say you are a cowboy fan? I hope to God you don't think that is what an organization should be. The Texans may not get everything right, but we don't have a history of signing convicts, felons and problem child players. Your team has a classless owner. Bob McNair wouldn't dream of paying someone like Pacman Jones to play, but that is a good example of cowboy type players.
Did I say anything about thugs, etc?I've admitted to my own teams downfalls. I've also stuck up for them when people trot out the same tired b.s. while teams around the league are far worse. My comments were more about picking up options on Carr, hiring guys from within the same systems, etc, etc. Just because you think you are doing it by the book, doesn't make it right.

Reread what I wrote. There is nothing overly negative in it. In fact nothing close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
I find it funny a Cowboy fan is lecturing us about crying after a loss AND blaming refs ...

Kettle, I'd like you to meet the Pot.
This post has nothing to do with what I said. Please grow up and get over the Cowboy thing.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 11-08-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2009   #6
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a good time to post this Frog. While your intentions may be good it comes off pretty darn condescending.

We didn't get beat by the officials at all today, but they obviously were catering to the home team and crowd. Just rewatch the game.

I do agree that the team is at a crossroads and will be all season long. Time is of the essence though. We are a couple of plays away from being on the other side of the tracks in the league. The time is now, and I don't think anyone could say it isn't after watching the game today.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Not a good time to post this Frog. While your intentions may be good it comes off pretty darn condescending.

We didn't get beat by the officials at all today, but they obviously were catering to the home team and crowd. Just rewatch the game.

I do agree that the team is at a crossroads and will be all season long. Time is of the essence though. We are a couple of plays away from being on the other side of the tracks in the league. The time is now, and I don't think anyone could say it isn't after watching the game today.
Sorry, I don't believe there is anything condescending about it. That wasn't close to my intentions. If it came out that way, again, not my intentions.

I've just been here years and sat on the sideline only picking and choosing subjects like Carr, Schaub, etc. I just wanted to give my perspective on the team and there was nothing really to so with the Cowboys, etc. Just what I have seen.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 11-09-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2009   #8
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Sorry, I don't believe there is anything condescending about it. That wasn't close to my intentions. If it came out that way, again, not my intentions.

I've just been here years and sat on the sideline only picking and choosing subjstcs like Carr, Schaub, etc. I just wanted to give my perspective on the team and there was nothing really to so with the Cowboys, etc. Just what I have seen.
You need a spokesperson, I'd volunteer, but I spend most of my time reading others posts
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #9
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to say this but as painful as this game was to lose and as raw as the loss still is, give Frog a break. He is right. Who give a crap if he is a Cowboys fan, he is bringing in a more clear perspective to the situation in my opinion. BTW Frog, nice posts. We do need to get over it. We played tough and lost. The Defense really showed up to play today and we didnt get run out of the building. If they dont play sloppy as hell we win. That is the thing that pisses me off the most. The sloppy play. And dont anybody drop the "moral victory" moniker on me either b/c I recognize that a loss is a loss. We have 2 weeks to get healthy and kick some Titan azz. Thats all we can worry about at this point.
Old 11-09-2009   #10
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I hate to say this but as painful as this game was to lose and as raw as the loss still is, give Frog a break. He is right. Who give a crap if he is a Cowboys fan, he is bringing in a more clear perspective to the situation in my opinion. BTW Frog, nice posts. We do need to get over it. We played tough and lost. The Defense really showed up to play today and we didnt get run out of the building. If they dont play sloppy as hell we win. That is the thing that pisses me off the most. The sloppy play. And dont anybody drop the "moral victory" moniker on me either b/c I recognize that a loss is a loss. We have 2 weeks to get healthy and kick some Titan azz. Thats all we can worry about at this point.
Saying that kind of stuff will get you labeled irrational around here.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get Over It

Quote:
The Texans could use a couple of thugs, might be the difference between mediocre and winner.
Old 11-09-2009   #12
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Saying that kind of stuff will get you labeled irrational around here.
I can live with that label. I have been labeled much worse.
Old 11-09-2009   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think anyone actually read HF's post. Y'all just saw "Cowboy fan" and piled on.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

Kinda have to agree with Shaft on this one Frog, but for what it's worth we know your heart is in the right place. Constructive criticism duly noted.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #15
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 85232 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure we really need a "thug", we just needed a couple people who play "aggresive." We got that in Pollard, and he has really affected guys like Cushing, DeMeco, Quin, and others. Our team is in transition, and the transition is a good thing. Soon we will win games like yesterday's.

I was just busting Frog's chops because I HATE the cowgirls. I grew up in Houston during the Luv Ya Blue days, in a beer joint on McCarty Drive. I learned early in life to hate 2 things - cowboys and steelers.
Old 11-09-2009   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
I'm not sure we really need a "thug", we just needed a couple people who play "aggresive." We got that in Pollard, and he has really affected guys like Cushing, DeMeco, Quin, and others. Our team is in transition, and the transition is a good thing. Soon we will win games like yesterday's.

I was just busting Frog's chops because I HATE the cowgirls. I grew up in Houston during the Luv Ya Blue days, in a beer joint on McCarty Drive. I learned early in life to hate 2 things - cowboys and steelers.
See and that is why I cheered for the Oilers as a kid. Growing up in the 70s in Ft. Worth as a massive Cowboy fan the Steelers were the hated SB rival. So when the Oilers played I wanted them to beat them too. Plus I had a brother that went to UT when Earl was there and Earl on the Oilers was all good.
Old 11-09-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was the title that might've come across as a little brash, Frog.
Old 11-09-2009   #18
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
2) The refs didn't screw you. I've seen this thread after thread for 3 games this year. I'm not sure if it is a product of being so close but yet so far but it is a b.s excuse. The penalties were deserved. Maybe they didn't get their share but the Texans deserved the ones they got and that is called sloppy ball no matter what the Colts did. They need to take accountability.
The issue is consistency of penalties on both teams during a game. Something similar to a consistent strike zone.

A penalty is probably deserved when a flag is thrown in the NFL, but the issue is not calling a penatly that is deserved. In other words, selective penalties give a team a slight advantage or more chances to succeed.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Observe the way the Colts fans in that game were screaming for a flag from the very outset of the game and all the way through the game.

It was more magnified than I remember hearing when watching other games this year. Yeah, you'd hear some catcalls from far off places that you could distinguish as being a group of fans begging for a flag--Most usually the end zone fans since they're the rowdiest by nature.

But this? I thought my TV volume was broken. Then I began to understand, as the game went on, that this was a stadium full of people who were all in unison asking the refs to throw a flag if the play wasn't a success for their team.

Most crowds give a collective "groan" when they don't make a play. The Colts? Skip the groan and go right into the "HEY! We got hosed!" antics.

I can't wait until the Colts eventually fade away and they hit that section of road where it gets bumpy, and then it turns into nothing but huge potholes and dead-ends and "10 MPH" signs.

They've had their run. All they did yesterday was delay the inevitable.

We're not going to beat the Patriots, so there's loss number 5. And we can't possibly end at 11-5 or even 10-6. There'll be at least one more loss to someone we shouldn't lose to.

So I'm happy with waiting until next year. One more draft will be good enough.
Old 11-09-2009   #20
Pollardized
Division Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Observe the way the Colts fans in that game were screaming for a flag from the very outset of the game and all the way through the game.

It was more magnified than I remember hearing when watching other games this year. Yeah, you'd hear some catcalls from far off places that you could distinguish as being a group of fans begging for a flag--Most usually the end zone fans since they're the rowdiest by nature.

But this? I thought my TV volume was broken. Then I began to understand, as the game went on, that this was a stadium full of people who were all in unison asking the refs to throw a flag if the play wasn't a success for their team.

Most crowds give a collective "groan" when they don't make a play. The Colts? Skip the groan and go right into the "HEY! We got hosed!" antics.

I can't wait until the Colts eventually fade away and they hit that section of road where it gets bumpy, and then it turns into nothing but huge potholes and dead-ends and "10 MPH" signs.

They've had their run. All they did yesterday was delay the inevitable.

We're not going to beat the Patriots, so there's loss number 5. And we can't possibly end at 11-5 or even 10-6. There'll be at least one more loss to someone we shouldn't lose to.

So I'm happy with waiting until next year. One more draft will be good enough.
I have to disagree here. I think we can and WILL beat the Patriots. And that attitude about "one more loss to someone we shouldn't lose to" needs to be checked at the door. In years past that may have been the case. But folks, your new and improved Texans don't roll over and play dead anymore. As I said on here yesterday, our Texans of old would have given up yesterday in the first half and that would have been it. Not any more. We have an attitude and a swagger and an expectance of winning now. We will go 6-1 at worst the rest of the way. End of discussion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read