Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 88737 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Game Stats

Just looked at the stats from today's game and we actually had more net offensive yards than the Colts. Thinking back over the past few years, when we played someone like the Colts, on fire, great QB, playing at the top of their game, in their house, we got blown away ----- ALOT. The stats today show a close game all around. I was heartbroken at the end; now after a few hours, I'm thinking what that game says about our little team. These guys are on the cusp of being a very good NFL team. The Colts are the best team in the AFC without a doubt. I hate them as a rival, but respect them as a team for what they do. They got a lot of favorable calls today, but that's not their fault. I can handle a loss to the Colts. It's those dang Pats I hate to see win a game. We just think the Colts got calls today; Brady calls for his flags and the ref obliges.

I am calling it here - Texans will go 6-1 rest of the way and get in with the wild card. Our defense will continue to improve and our opponents will be POLLARDIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game Stats

I think you are right that any previous Texans team would have folded when down 13-0. Instead we played well, rallied and made it a close game. We haven't been a good team long enough to know how to take care of the little things. That will come with time. The improvement from the beginning of the season to now is impressive. I think the step to playoff team now is to win games that we should win, and beat teams, like the Colts, in our house. I don't think there are too many teams in this league that we can't beat. The problem is we can't / haven't played a full 60 minutes to this point.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #3
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 11584 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Just looked at the stats from today's game and we actually had more net offensive yards than the Colts. Thinking back over the past few years, when we played someone like the Colts, on fire, great QB, playing at the top of their game, in their house, we got blown away ----- ALOT. The stats today show a close game all around. I was heartbroken at the end; now after a few hours, I'm thinking what that game says about our little team. These guys are on the cusp of being a very good NFL team. The Colts are the best team in the AFC without a doubt. I hate them as a rival, but respect them as a team for what they do. They got a lot of favorable calls today, but that's not their fault. I can handle a loss to the Colts. It's those dang Pats I hate to see win a game. We just think the Colts got calls today; Brady calls for his flags and the ref obliges.

I am calling it here - Texans will go 6-1 rest of the way and get in with the wild card. Our defense will continue to improve and our opponents will be POLLARDIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with this. In fact, call me a foolish optimist, but I think 7-0 is a possibility as well. These guys can play with anyone. I think two weeks from tomorrow, we will see a team beginning a roll to the playoffs.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read