Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2009   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince Young Back in the Saddle Again!

Vince Young is now 2-0 since regaining his position as the starting QB for the Tennessee Titans.

11/1 - Tennessee 30, Jacksonville 13
11/8 - Tennessee 34, @San Francisco 27

Just saying. It is hard to argue with the results. The Titans were 0-6 before Vince Young's return. Now they are 2-6.

Could the Titans be gearing up for a late season run led by Vince Young?

Also, here is an appropriate musical accompaniment to this thread for those of you who think you might enjoy it:

Aerosmith-Back in the Saddle (Again)
_

Last edited by MojoMan; 11-08-2009 at 08:52 PM.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young Back in the Saddle Again!

the niners board imploded... screw vince young
Old 11-08-2009   #3
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

He doesn't look too good, rarely has good stats however they just find ways to win when he is in there. I am not even saying he is the one responsible for the winning however whatever it is they play better when he plays. Fisher is looking like a tool about now.

Of course I still hate the Titans but I am going to stop dissing on the guy until he proves otherwise.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Just saying. It is hard to argue with the results. The Titans were 0-6 before Vince Young's return. Now they are 2-6.
And they were 13-3 without him last year. Which results point to him being a good QB again?
Old 11-08-2009   #5
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
And they were 13-3 without him last year. Which results point to him being a good QB again?
The 0-6 record under Kerry Collins before he returned (Collins was the QB for the Titans during the 13-3 season you mentioned).

And the 2-0 record after he returned.

I know that it is only two games. But 2-0 is quite a contrast to 0-6.

Seriously, this could be something to keep an eye on. This is Vince's opportunity to set the record straight with all the nay-sayers, and also to turn his NFL career around.
Old 11-08-2009   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston better win that MNF game or this city will burn to the ground.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #7
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by carr bombed View Post
houston better win that mnf game or this city will burn to the ground.
lol

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009   #8
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
He doesn't look too good, rarely has good stats however they just find ways to win when he is in there. I am not even saying he is the one responsible for the winning however whatever it is they play better when he plays. Fisher is looking like a tool about now.

Of course I still hate the Titans but I am going to stop dissing on the guy until he proves otherwise.
This is what I essentially said on our board. Fisher made this move 2 games too late, when the season was still salvagable. Now he looks like he's lost all decisionmaking power after having Bud dictate who starts. I don't give Fisher an ounce of credit for these two wins; they belong to a team that decided it had been humiliated enough for one season.

If anything, I'd bet anything Collins would still be starting if it had been up to Fisher. I'm no VY mark, but I'm strongly starting to believe Fisher is part of the reason VY regressed so much.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Fisher was going to look bad either way this went down. If VY fails then Fisher is the owner's lackey doing his bidding. If VY succeeds (which he is) then Fisher looks like a tool for not playing VY earlier.

VY is a long way from recovery, but the dude didn't forget to play football. He just needs to get some things right in his life and show even more dedication. I have always been a VY supporter but not so naive to think he is a great QB or that he is without fault or mistake.

When Haynesworth left Tenn, he had nothing but the highest praise for Vince and said that Vince was a special QB and that he is a franchise QB, but that he would never do it in Tennessee with Fisher. He said that Fisher has a problem with Vince, and it would be best for Vince to just leave when he is offered the opportunity...and he will be.

At the end of the day, Titan's defense and offense under Vince have rallied around their owner's critical comments and demand for Vince to get in the game. Props to the Tits but 2-6 still sucks and this whole Vince thing is going to get complicated in the offseason, especially if he continues to play and the Titans continue to win. Bud would almost have to consider hte pickup of the roster bonus/balloon salary = 14.5million.
Old 11-08-2009   #10
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
You are probably right, metaphorically speaking, with regard to the Texan fans that trace their allegiance back to the "Luv Ya Blue" days. Disappointment and heartache have a lot of historical signficance.

There only so many times you can kicked in the gut when you are so close to getting over the hump. Hopefully, Kubiak understands that.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

4 turnovers by Alex Smith. Funny I didn't see VY involved in any of those plays.
Old 11-08-2009   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

All the signs are still there that this guy will never measure up to the pre-draft hype.
Vince's problem is between his ears. I don't see that anything's changed yet.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
And I will pour the gasoline and light the f'king match.

I'm curious to how he performs when the Chris Johnson running show is not working.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #14
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

The Titans host the Bills next Sunday, and then the following week is the Monday night game against the Texans.
Old 11-08-2009   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

mario'd better go out there with something to prove. i'm sure he's been itching to drop vince since he eluded williams on the way to scoring that game winning td.
Old 11-08-2009   #16
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
4 turnovers by Alex Smith. Funny I didn't see VY involved in any of those plays.
Maybe not, but Alex was doing his best VY impersonation so VY was sort of involved.
Old 11-08-2009   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

more proof that he just wins games
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
more proof that he just wins games
Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #19
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Say what you will, Vince has a knack for pulling out close games.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #20
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
Say what you will, Vince has a knack for pulling out close games.
Actually, the people around him are pulling out games. At least that is what has happened the last 2 weeks. However the bottom line is they have won with him in there and they weren't doing that with KC. So interpret that as you may.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read