Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How close we are to 8-1........

This team is a couple of yards from 8-1. I see a nasty streak to end up the season....Let's hang in there folks....
Atl Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
threeputtsam
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam
Default Re: How close we are to 8-1........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
This team is a couple of yards from 8-1. I see a nasty streak to end up the season....Let's hang in there folks....

But instead they play like losers
threeputtsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
It's hard to see it that way, though. This team has to get past the almost wins and put them on the board. I have tried to figure out the playoff tiebreaking formulas and I can't find almost wins anywhere in there. I think hottest cheerleaders comes up first.

I know they'll get it and they'll start winning these games, but the opportunity is there with a lot of parity in the AFC.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Meaningless. We've lost four games and we deserved each and every "L". I know that you're correct about that "handful of yards away from 8-1" thing but really, almost every team in the league can say that about some losses. Losing teams look back at every season and say "If we'd only done these couple of things....".

We are what our record says we are. Yeah we're a few yards and a couple of turnovers away from 8-1. We are also however one bad day against Vince Young from being overrun by UT assholes, watching Vince dance around Reliant Stadium, and a .500 record (again).

Looking at it that way things are not quite so rosy.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hmm we are 5-4

so i think we are not that close maybe about a year and 4 months away from maybe 8-1 but thats all the way in the 2010 season so i cant speak on that LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Not the time to start this thread...

This thread is just another opened maxi pad for TPS to bleed on.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

We're only a few plays from 3-6, too. We could have easily lost the Tits game and the 49ers game. So I'll take 5-4, I guess.
Old 11-08-2009   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
We're only a few plays from 3-6, too. We could have easily lost the Tits game and the 49ers game. So I'll take 5-4, I guess.
Unless you're one of the elites in the league (Colts and NOLA) every single team in the league can say this and start this kind of thread..

That's the life in today's NFL. The margian of victory is literally "inches". I mean did anybody watch the Giants and Chargers game? This isn't just Houston.....

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-08-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Unless you're one of the elites in the league (Colts and NOLA) every single team in the league can say this and start this kind of thread..

That's the life in today's NFL. The margian of victory is literraly "inches". I mean did anybody watch the Giants and Chargers game? This isn't just Houston.....
That was pretty much my point. This thread is silly.
Old 11-08-2009   #10
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Not close enough.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm SO SICK of this line of thinking.

We got a TON of lucky breaks to beat the Titans.

Both the goal line failures against Jax & Arizona were to TIE the game, not to win it.

We had 13 penalties and 3 turnovers against the Colts.

The Texans are just as close to 4-5 as they are to 7-1.

They're 5-4, and that's who they are right now.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #12
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'm SO SICK of this line of thinking.

We got a TON of lucky breaks to beat the Titans.

Both the goal line failures against Jax & Arizona were to TIE the game, not to win it.

We had 13 penalties and 3 turnovers against the Colts.

The Texans are just as close to 4-5 as they are to 7-1.

They're 5-4, and that's who they are right now.
I'm telling ya I'm with Herv on this. I'm sick and tired of this "everybody gets a medal" mentality. Another season of fighting for .500 is too much to take.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

We're 3 losses from 8-1. I hope the team doesn't make excuses like this or else we'll never get out of the rat race that is not playing in February.
Old 11-08-2009   #14
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
We're 3 losses from 8-1. I hope the team doesn't make excuses like this or else we'll never get out of the rat race that is not playing in February.
At this rate dud you might as well become a Byzantine monk. You are destined to a life of celibacy.
Old 11-08-2009   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is a good team that needs to learn how to play 4qtrs.

I like their progress but the scoreboard is all that counts.

The officials helped the Mannings out today. Watch Wayne pick the CB on the catch Collie got knocked out. If that happened when the Texans had the ball it would have been a penalty.

The Texans are earning their stripes and have to learn how to play through that stuff.

The Texans will win when the Mannings come to Reliant this year.

I'm glad the fire Kubes/Bush/Shanny thread hasn't started up yet.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #16
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I am about as positive as any fan, but I also try to adhere to sound logical argument.

Too many fans are blithely counting three of our losses wouldacouldashoulda wins, when we all know that the best case scenario at the end of the game in each of those losses was overtime. Even if those three plays went our way, why are some so quick to assume the Texans would have prevailed in OT?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #17
Texan634
Rookie

I see us getting better with every game, Especially defensively. 5-2 is certainly possible over the last 7. Will 10-6 get us in the playoffs ?
Texan634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Meaningless. We've lost four games and we deserved each and every "L". I know that you're correct about that "handful of yards away from 8-1" thing but really, almost every team in the league can say that about some losses. Losing teams look back at every season and say "If we'd only done these couple of things....".

We are what our record says we are. Yeah we're a few yards and a couple of turnovers away from 8-1. We are also however one bad day against Vince Young from being overrun by UT assholes, watching Vince dance around Reliant Stadium, and a .500 record (again).

Looking at it that way things are not quite so rosy.
Yeah, I agree with Herv on this one. We are exactly what our record indicates.

And I'm more than likely am going to get my ass banned before the game anyway. I will have no patience at all with the VY sack lickers that are going to invade this place. It's going to get downright ugly around here the next two weeks.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #19
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

I will probably get banned with ya.
Old 11-08-2009   #20
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Puuuuuuuuke!

There, I feel better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read