Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texan Defense is DAMN Good!

I'm incredibly frustrated with the result. I thought Schaub, the Oline, the playcalling were all bad. I thought the referees were ridiculous. All of that has been and will be talked about. However.........

Man, the defense was awesome!! You wouldn't know they were playing well listenning to Solomon Wilcox but they were excellent. Manning was frustrated. The WRs were sore. They had no running game. NObody can convert on these guys when it's short yardage. I just couldn't be happier with the play of the defense. By the way, Dallas Clark is a pansy! He slid down in the middle of the field to avoid contact at least 5 times... pretty embarrassing for a 250 lb TE!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Defense is DAMN Good!

Our defense was the only reason this wasn't one of those 42-10 beat downs from years past. They come to play (I exempt Dunta Robinson from any compliment I give this team. He's stealing 9 million dollars while trying not to get hurt out there and it's starting to show).
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

People laughed at me a month ago when I said they were improving.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Man, the defense was awesome!! You wouldn't know they were playing well listenning to Solomon Wilcox but they were excellent. Manning was frustrated. The WRs were sore. They had no running game. NObody can convert on these guys when it's short yardage. I just couldn't be happier with the play of the defense.
But but but.......they're the "same ole texans"

Sorry, but a young defense will take you places....we're building a squad that's starting to have a nasty streak and a swagger and Cushing has ALOT to do with that (this kid better be DROY).

Lock up DeMeco, sign Pollard, and let these young corners (Quinn) grow.......however give Dunta his walking papers and tell him to take his broken ass game down the road. He is not a good starting corner anymore.

This team just needs a center and a power running game to compliment their clutch receiving weapons and then all these close losses will start going our way.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
People laughed at me a month ago when I said they were improving.
I'm sorry.....

You were right and I'm sorry.
Old 11-08-2009   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'm sorry.....

You were right and I'm sorry.
Well, Thanks.....I'm wrong many times also... I was dead wrong about Matt getting hurt by midseason. Cross my fingers in the next half.....
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

it was a bend but don't break today
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009   #8
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Antonio Smith is really starting to impress. He collapsed the pocket a few times and had a strip sack. The guy is making the plays to earn that big payday he got.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
it was a bend but don't break today
(While I don't agree it was just "bend, but don't break") against INDY, that's damn good defense... How many defenses do you see "manhandle" them? You hold them to 20 points and force timely T.O.'s (especially when your offense keeps you on the field the entire 1st half) and you did a hell of a job.
Old 11-08-2009   #10
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

It was very impressive once we got our bearings, those first couple drives they really had an element of surprise that had us back on our heels.

I have an absolute man crush on this defense, we just crunch people all over the field, it is spectacular.

Even Wilson was getting in the act, it was a penalty but whatever, and Pollard was just laying the wood all over the field.

I think I am going to change Pollard's name from bone crusher to captain crunch
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
But but but.......they're the "same ole texans"

Sorry, but a young defense will take you places....we're building a squad that's starting to have a nasty streak and a swagger and Cushing has ALOT to do with that (this kid better be DROY).

Lock up DeMeco, sign Pollard, and let these young corners (Quinn) grow.......however give Dunta his walking papers and tell him to take his broken ass game down the road. He is not a good starting corner anymore.

This team just needs a center and a power running game to compliment their clutch receiving weapons and then all these close losses will start going our way.

At Indy is probably the toughest place in the NFL to play football because of their offense and the speed of the defense, especially those two DEs. I thought we'd have to win the turnover battle, dominate on special teams, and run the ball well to have a decent shot at the game. I didn't realize how good this defense has become. We lost the turnover battle, played poorly on special teams, were handcuffed by horrible officiating and some bad luck, and still should've been in OT.

The reality is that the organization has spent the past 3 seasons trying to upgrade the defensive talent and athleticism. Much fewer draft picks and dollars have been spent on offense. It's a good offense but is missing some pieces to be great. More energy will be put into upgrading the offense this off-season. Cheer up. No team in the NFL goes into Indy with a good chance to win. Since the defense got healthy and got on the same page, we've lost two heartbreakers at Arizona and at Indy... I think we'll take care of business versus Tennessee and I think they will steamroll Indy the week after.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #12
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Might not belong in here per se, but here's an interesting tidbit from the ESPN recap on the Indy-Houston game:

Quote:
Then after forcing a rare three-and-out, Matt Schaub moved Houston into scoring position again only to see Brown push his field goal attempt to the left, leaving some teammates sprawled on the field in disbelief.
Don't we lead the league or something in forcing three-and-outs???
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #13
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Might not belong in here per se, but here's an interesting tidbit from the ESPN recap on the Indy-Houston game:

Don't we lead the league or something in forcing three-and-outs???
Maybe a rare three and out for indy.
Old 11-08-2009   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

For the first time in franchise history i'm confident this defense is a genuinely GOOD defense. We've still got our warts sure, but we can actually stop the run (who would've thought we could say this after the first 3 games?), we can pressure the QB, and every so often we can defend the pass AND force turnovers!!!

I cant wait for the day when I can say that "insert unit here" plays at a high level for the whole game much less our whole team. When we can say that, AJ will be lifting the Lombardi trophy over his head.
Old 11-08-2009   #15
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Loving the additions of A. Smith, Cushing, Quin, and particularly Pollard. Those guys don't mess around.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I was following the Colts board as the game was going on, and one guy
said this is the most "PHYSICAL" Texans team he's ever seen. Our defense
figures an offense out in 2 or 3 series, and our offense struggles for an
entire half. The offense is the achilles heel of this team now, whereas last
year, it was the Defense.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #17
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Dale, glad you are looking at positive side of the Texans while dealing difficult and frustrated time with the result. I too liked what I saw from our D. Without our D, we could easily blown out from the game.

I am very dispointed and frustrated like many of guys here. Since we are already frustrated from the game, I do not wish to bring too much of negative feeling to this board. So, I am glad to see a thread that is looking at positive side of the Texans. Thank you.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you guys hear Demeco taunting Peyton at the line of scrimmage on
the 3rd and a Million play? I like that from our defense. The Texans will
be fine.
Old 11-08-2009   #19
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

let check the archives and count the idiots who wanted to break out the pink soap avatars over Frank Bush.

I think double digits is a fair bet.
Old 11-08-2009   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Demeco was screamin before the snap on 3rd and a million:

"GET IT RIGHT, PEYTON!! GET IT RIGHT, PEYTON!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read