Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Look Towards MNF Already

We can whine and moan about the game today but the reality is we're still 5-4 and above .500

We still face Indy at home again in 3 weeks

We won't commit 12 penalties in a game again

VY doesn't read a defense like Peyton, we will crush Tennessee on MNF

If we go 9-7 or 10-6 and make the playoffs none of this BS will matter
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Look Towards MNF Already

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
We can whine and moan about the game today but the reality is we're still 5-4 and above .500

Win in 2 weeks against the Titans - 6-4.
Win the following Sunday against the Colts - 7-4.

They can still be 3 games above .500 for the first time ever. Then they have games against the Jags, the Rams, the Seahawks, the Dolphins, and the Pats.

This loss isn't the end of the world, but it does hurt a lot.
Old 11-08-2009   #3
threeputtsam
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post

we'll do whatever it takes to lose
threeputtsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

whats with all this if we go 10-6 we make the PS

i think Pittsburg Cincy or even San deigo have to disagree

anywayz Tenn will be no easy game
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Tacks just went on the road and beat SF. They will come into Reliant wanting to knock us down to .500

That's not gonna be an easy game...but its a "must win".
Old 11-08-2009   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

If the f'kn Tacks come in here and beat us, then we'll have to listen to all this "VY just wins" BS all over again.

It'll be nothing but a VY suckfest with the MNF crew as it is. We lose that game, I won't even care what they to the rest of the season.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If the f'kn Tacks come in here and beat us, then we'll have to listen to all this "VY just wins" BS all over again.

It'll be nothing but a VY suckfest with the MNF crew as it is. We lose that game, I won't even care what they to the rest of the season.
I'm with ya. Lose against Radio and forget it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009   #8
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Beating the Titties has nothing to do with VY. We gotta stop their run game. We do that, we force VY to pass and then we torch them. The real problem is that if they win, VY becomes the hero even if he goes 7 for 30 with 80 yards and 5 INTs.

In my mind there's no excuse for losing to the Titties. We gotta go in and take care of business.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #9
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputtsam View Post
we'll do whatever it takes to lose
Troll
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

You feel that little twinge of "pressure" in the air? We lost to the Colts, the Titans put 34 on the 49er's and won their second straight game under the Sausage King, and now we've got two weeks to prepare for MNF.

The Texans are going to be so damn tight when that game gets here that they'll be 21 points behind before they realize the game has started.

At least that's how my nightmare plays out. What really worries me is that there are probably a few Texans players who either have or will have that same nightmare between now and then.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You feel that little twinge of "pressure" in the air? We lost to the Colts, the Titans put 34 on the 49er's and won their second straight game under the Sausage King, and now we've got two weeks to prepare for MNF.

The Texans are going to be so damn tight when that game gets here that they'll be 21 points behind before they realize the game has started.

At least that's how my nightmare plays out. What really worries me is that there are probably a few Texans players who either have or will have that same nightmare between now and then.
Well, let's look at the bright side Herv. At least we won't have to worry about them coming out flat.

Last edited by Marcus; 11-08-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2009   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

My prediction: the team gets most of the week off while the coaching staff makes some serious adjustments on our running philosophy. Texan players come back fresh and inspired. And, win at least 5 in a row including a dominating performance against Tennessee on Monday night and then a physically dominate performance six days later against Indy. Either, I've never been so confident... or, I've never been so delusional! I did predict at 2-3 that this team would win the next three games and then lose to Indy and head to the bye week at 5-4. I was also driving the Defense bandwagon back when they played Tennessee. Besides trying desperately to prove my own genius, I am also pointing out that I seem to have a pretty good handle on this team... So, who's ready for 10-4?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #13
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
My prediction: the team gets most of the week off while the coaching staff makes some serious adjustments on our running philosophy. Texan players come back fresh and inspired. And, win at least 5 in a row including a dominating performance against Tennessee on Monday night and then a physically dominate performance six days later against Indy. Either, I've never been so confident... or, I've never been so delusional! I did predict at 2-3 that this team would win the next three games and then lose to Indy and head to the bye week at 5-4. I was also driving the Defense bandwagon back when they played Tennessee. Besides trying desperately to prove my own genius, I am also pointing out that I seem to have a pretty good handle on this team... So, who's ready for 10-4?
People seem to be losing sight of this. No one expected the Texans to win this game other than a few hardcore Texans fans. That said the team was a FG and a lucky coin flip away from possibly winning this game. Thats not a guaranteed win but its still frustrating yes. But 5-4 was expected.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Well, you're just big ole ray of sunshine compared to the "Predictor of Gloom and Doom".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read