Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
threeputtsam
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam
Default It's okay Texan fans

It's okay fans, The important thing is that we gave it that old college try. You can't winem all. It's not whether you win or lose but how you play the game. I'm just so proud of our team - it makes you proud to be a Houstonian. This team has given me nothing but good feelings and bragging rights since 2002.
Way to go Texans - keep up the good work.
threeputtsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: It's okay Texan fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputtsam View Post
It's okay fans, The important thing is that we gave it that old college try. You can't winem all. It's not whether you win or lose but how you play the game. I'm just so proud of our team - it makes you proud to be a Houstonian. This team has given me nothing but good feelings and bragging rights since 2002.

Bragging rights...???
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #3
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, it's not ok. Same old Texans year in, and year out. This team is afraid to take the next step. They can't handle the next step.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post

Bragging rights...???
Its a weak attempt at sarcasm. Which is often impossible to detect on a message board.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #5
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
No, it's not ok. Same old Texans year in, and year out. This team is afraid to take the next step. They can't handle the next step.
Sarcasm meter off?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
No, the good thing would be if we played good football & would have won against most teams any other day.

We lost this game.. the Colts didn't win it. They are who we thought they were. Penalties, turn overs, mental mistakes..... we made way too many to even have a chance to win.
Old 11-08-2009   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Against better judgement, I have to rep you.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009   #8
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Sarcasm meter off?
regardless, my comments stand.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #9
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Its a weak attempt at sarcasm. Which is often impossible to detect on a message board.
Oh, yeah it's usually better to put some type of smiley in there.

But there was that one time we beat Dallas
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #10
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Oh, yeah it's usually better to put some type of smiley in there.

But there was that one time we beat Dallas
its my fault. just before the dallas game i prayed for a texan win. and in that prayer i said "i don't care if they never win again". did'nt think the man upstairs would take me so literally.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #11
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are doing good. The Colts were favored by 9 points. After a horrendous first quarter, the Texans came back from 13 points down to take the lead 17-13. I am very disappointed by this loss, and especially by the missed kick to end the game.

However, the upshot of all this is that this was the hardest contest the Texans will face for the rest of the year. The Texans faced Indy on the road today and were in the game to win it up until the final snap. Nothing else the Texans will face will be as tough as this game today.

Here is the Texan's remaining schedule:

Tennessee - W
Indianapolis - L
@Jacksonville - W
Seattle - W
@St._Louis - W
@Miami - W
New_England - L

If the Texans lose to Indy and New England at home, and win the rest of their games, they finish 10-6. This is reasonable, and in line with what rational people thought the Texans might be able to do to start the season.

Of course, the Texans could certainly win one at home against Indy or the New England. They could also lose one on the road to either the Jags or the Dolphins.

However, I believe most people here thought 10-6 was a good goal for this team to start the season. They are on track to accomplish that. Let's not be greedy and move the goal posts of success out of range for this team.

Really, the Texans are still playing well, despite the unfortunate result of today's game. Let's try and keep things in perspective.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #12
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
The Texans are doing good. The Colts were favored by 9 points. After a horrendous first quarter, the Texans came back from 13 points down to take the lead 17-13. I am very disappointed by this loss, and especially by the missed kick to end the game.

However, the upshot of all this is that this was the hardest contest the Texans will face for the rest of the year. The Texans faced Indy on the road today and were in the game to win it up until the final snap. Nothing else the Texans will face will be as tough as this game today.

Tennessee - W
Indianapolis - L
@Jacksonville - W
Seattle - W
@St._Louis - W
@Miami - W
New_England - L

If the Texans lose to Indy and New England at home, and win the rest of their games, they finish 10-6. This is reasonable, and in line with what rational people thought the Texans might be able to do to start the season.

Of course, the Texans could certainly win one at home against Indy or the New England. They could also lose one on the road to either the Jags or the Dolphins.

However, I believe most people here thought 10-6 was a good goal for this team to start the season. They are on track to accomplish that. Let's not be greedy and move the goal posts of success out of range for this team.

Really, the Texans are still playing well, despite the unfortunate result of today's game. Let's try and keep things in perspective.
I think we're going to be fired up against the Colts at home. We lost one that was well within our grasp, and we won't make so many penalties at home. The last game of the season could determine wild card spot so we need to win the games we should win, which has been tough for us.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope these Texans get such a tongue lashing they vow to never lose another game again, and do their very best to make that happen.
Old 11-08-2009   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
No.... if we were playing well, you wouldn't assume losses to the "good" teams on our schedule.
Old 11-08-2009   #15
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
No.... if we were playing well, you wouldn't assume losses to the "good" teams on our schedule.
I think what you have correctly identified here is that the Texans are not the best football team in the AFC. No question about that.

However, the team that the Texans lost to today, on the road, is the best team in the AFC. I am as disappointed as anyone about this loss, but it was not unexpected. The Indianapolis Colts are simply a better football team than the Houston Texans. Is there any attentive NFL football fan who thought otherwise coming into this game today? Did you?

In fact, the Texans might be one of the six best teams in the AFC. Maybe, just possibly, but the jury is still out. Then again, maybe not. The last seven games will provide a definitive answer to that question.

My pre-season prediction for the Texans was a record of 10-6. If they really came together, possibly 11-5. If they had a few critical injuries or just could not get it together, then probably 9-7.

What did you expect? Are the Texans really falling short of what you expected from them at the beginning of the year?
Old 11-08-2009   #16
threeputtsam
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam

What did you expect? Are the Texans really falling short of what you expected from them at the beginning of the year?[/quote]

The Colts are not the best team in the AFC. The best team in the AFC does not let a loser like the Texans hang around. No way does Indy make the
superbowl. They will make the playoffs which is better than our losers will do.
threeputtsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tennessee - W
Indianapolis - L
@Jacksonville - W
Seattle - W
@St._Louis - W
@Miami - W
New_England - L

Mojo

I'm thinking very much along the same lines as you here. I see the following:

Tennessee - W
Indianapolis - W
@Jacksonville - W
Seattle - W
@St._Louis - W
@Miami - W
New_England - L

EXCEPT... I kind of think we drop a game in there to a team that we should beat AND I almost halfway expect that if the Patriots don't need the last game of the year we might pull a win out there. I think that they should have their division sewn up by then and the Colts will have home field advantage through the playoffs at that point so maybe the Patriots will sleep walk through that last one.

I'm thinking 11-5 is still possible depending primarily on how we come out on MNF against the Titans. We should be rested, angry over this loss, and mean. If we're not then there's a problem here in Houston with this team. We lose to Tennessee on MNF and I think the rest of the season will be a stumbling, bumbling, .500 looking mess again.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #18
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Colts are not the best team in the AFC. The best team in the AFC does not let a loser like the Texans hang around. No way does Indy make the
superbowl. They will make the playoffs which is better than our losers will do.
You have a bad attitude about the Texans, sir.

However, putting that to one side, which team in the AFC do you believe is a better team than the Colts?

Last edited by MojoMan; 11-08-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2009   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tennessee - W
Indianapolis - L
@Jacksonville - W
Seattle - W
@St._Louis - W
@Miami - W
New_England - L

Finally, a rational post. It took me a dozen threads to find it, but here you are. Rep your way, my good man.

I just hope the whiny, Debbie Downers don't negative rep you for seeing that we still have a VERY good shot at a playoff spot.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
However, putting that to one side, which team in the AFC do you believe is a better than the Colts?
Yeah, I'm DYING to hear this answer......because it's pretty loaded.

Pats lost to the Jets and let the Dolphins play them tough....

Steelers let the Titans take them down to the wire and lost two the Bears who have been getting their shit pushed lately

The Bengals lost to us.....I mean, they shouldn't even make the playoffs, because WE SUCK BALLS!

So book it.......threeputtsam has the Denver Broncos as his best team in the AFC and the team who's going to win the SB
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read