Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How would this game have played out if...

Slaton started/was the #1 RB today?

Just curious about what you guys think, one of the main reasons I started following the Texans was because of Slaton...loved seeing the guy play in college.

Would he have turned over the ball again? The chances of that happening were pretty high, but I believe he would have stepped up big today given the opportunity to.

Again, this is just a fun "what if" thread to help you guys get this tough loss out of your head.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: How would this game have played out if...

We would've lost in a close game.
Old 11-08-2009   #3
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure but he played well when he got his chances i'm not sure why everyone thinks that Ryan Moats is the savior at the running back position. I think if slaton would have got more touches he could have made the difference as Ryan Moats FUMBLED on the goal line, I wonder why no one is talking about that and his 16 carries for 37 yards today. I know his supporters will say hey he did catch a TD but I think that was good play calling as he was so wide open anyone could have caught that pass, I did realize that Kubiak is serious about winning and he will do what it takes to win no matter who you are you better perform.
Old 11-08-2009   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post

Just curious about what you guys think, one of the main reasons I started following the Texans was because of Slaton...loved seeing the guy play in college.

Would he have turned over the ball again? The chances of that happening were pretty high, but I believe he would have stepped up big today given the opportunity to.

Again, this is just a fun "what if" thread to help you guys get this tough loss out of your head.
You are a cruel. cruel little man.

I doubt we would have had any more rushing yards. He might have picked up more in the passing game.

I wouldn't consider the possibility of the fumble, because that's just not the way I roll. Just like JJ & punt/kick returns/fumble/miffs...... it happens, but I don't plan on them to happen regardless what present tendancies are.

running the ball 22 times and never seeing Chris Brown is puzzling to me when we threw the ball 43 times.

But I didn't see anything to suggest the game would have been different with Slaton playing a different role.
Old 11-08-2009   #5
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But I didn't see anything to suggest the game would have been different with Slaton playing a different role.
I guess you got a point, with all those penalties, it would have been hard for any team to win.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #6
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither were great but Moats still hits the hole harder and faster than Slaton.

On Slaton's few runs he still tries to bounce it outside when he's supposed to hit the hole.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #7
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Moats looked pretty good, especially after we fell behind early. He was picking up some nice, solid runs on our long drive, and that's what opened up the passing game.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009   #8
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

What the hell is great about 16 carries 37 yards and 1 fumble at the goal line? I don't understand that logic in he looked pretty good, again this is nothing but a 2nd option and he proved at against a quality defense and for Steve Slaton to get only 6 carries 17 yards 1 TD is mind blowing to me and he killed the colts last season.
Old 11-08-2009   #9
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
and for Steve Slaton to get only 6 carries 17 yards 1 TD is mind blowing to me and he killed the colts last season.
Dude has LOST five fumbles this season. FIVE LOST FUMBLES. Until he proves he can hold onto the ball, he can NOT be the primary ball carrier, especially when we're on our own side of the 50.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #10
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Dude has LOST five fumbles this season. FIVE LOST FUMBLES. Until he proves he can hold onto the ball, he can NOT be the primary ball carrier, especially when we're on our own side of the 50.
Agreed! Why does everyone want Slaton. His rushing yds/carry is piss poor this season and he's a fumbler. That's worthless to us. At least Moats has shown some flashes of brilliance this season. Slaton has done little when running from scrimmage
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #11
PHAROAH
All Pro

Slaton is our best back and you don't give up on your best back when they are struggling, I agree that moats should have gotten some carries but to be the starting running back please give me a break.
Old 11-08-2009   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

O no call no showing in the 1st half decided the game
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
*Ding* - Leads the league in fumbles and fumbles LOST. I still like Steve and wanted to see him more in the passing game today, but I'm getting as yippy watching him as when Jacoby returns a punt.
Old 11-08-2009   #14
koolkat
waterboy

Texans would have won. Moats fumble would have been a Slaton TD. Anyone to say Moats is a better back is an *****. Moat's almost dropped his TD pass.
koolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #15
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. Slaton looked a lot better than Moats.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #16
threeputtsam
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post

We would have found a way to lose the way losers do.
threeputtsam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read