Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anybody think if we had hit Peyton...

just like the Colts hit Schaub on that int, we would've gotten called for contact to the head? I'm quite sure of it.
Old 11-08-2009   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Anybody think if we had hit Peyton...

Two things:

1.) We were getting called for tons of penalties anyway. If the refs are out to screw you like that, at some point you have to get your money's worth, IMO.

2.) I'm very disappointed in Pollard on his first INT. He had an opportunity to truck Peyton and he didn't. I know he was thinking TD, and I'm honestly half joking, but I would have rather seen Pollard lay out Manning right there than score a TD.
Old 11-08-2009   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm so far Manning makes Texans his Bitches

maybe when he retires we can beat the colts LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Two things:

1.) We were getting called for tons of penalties anyway. If the refs are out to screw you like that, at some point you have to get your money's worth, IMO.

2.) I'm very disappointed in Pollard on his first INT. He had an opportunity to truck Peyton and he didn't. I know he was thinking TD, and I'm honestly half joking, but I would have rather seen Pollard lay out Manning right there than score a TD.
haha, good point, screw the INT, just go for the kill right there... you might lose the ball but hey, they might lose The Manning
Old 11-08-2009   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
haha, good point, screw the INT, just go for the kill right there... you might lose the ball but hey, they might lose The Manning
I'm talking about on the return. He already had the INT secured, and Manning came out to clog things up. Pollard cut back to avoid him instead of doing his best Tyler Rose impersonation.
Old 11-08-2009   #6
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

We'll beat them handily at home in 3 weeks. I would not be surprised to see us go unbeaten the rest of the year. This team looked passionate today, and I think we were the better football team. I'm stopping short of calling this a "moral victory", but this team knows now they can beat anyone anywhere.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

You do realize that Manning might be one of the best QBs of all time? He makes A LOT of teams looks silly. People used to say very similar things about Joe Montana too...

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009   #8
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are the missing the point of the thread, was there not contact to the head? At least a little? Enough so that if we would've come even remotely close to Peyton like that, out come the yellow hankies.
Old 11-08-2009   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
You guys are the missing the point of the thread, was there not contact to the head? At least a little? Enough so that if we would've come even remotely close to Peyton like that, out come the yellow hankies.
Manning and Brady get that call even if there's not contact.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Manning and Brady get that call even if there's not contact.
Exactly! Kinda hard to beat teams when ya gotta treat em with kid gloves. Getting sick of the pansy rules in the nfl, I know they're trying to protect the players, but geez!
Old 11-08-2009   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

In answer to the thread title, yeah Peyton would get the call--but his accuracy might go all to *!(& too.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm talking about on the return. He already had the INT secured, and Manning came out to clog things up. Pollard cut back to avoid him instead of doing his best Tyler Rose impersonation.
I know I know, what I meant is that he should have risked losing the ball on the INT and smacked The Manning when he got in the way. Fumbling the INT right back would have been worth it if The Manning was on the sideline
Old 11-08-2009   #13
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
In answer to the thread title, yeah Peyton would get the call--but his accuracy might go all to *!(& too.
what's funny is that peyton looks downright average when he is rushed. we failed to get good pressure on him when we needed to.

with that said, if you got him, you may as well tatoo him, 15 yards is worth it sometimes
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #14
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I think he definitely would have. I'm still hacked off myself about that unecessary roughness call on Wilson. Guy can't lay a good hit on a receiver and knock the ball loose? We gotta play 2-hand touch now?
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

That definitely would've been called if it was Peyton. No question about it, that LBer (Brackett?) came in above the shoulders and decked Matt Schaub. No call.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
what's funny is that peyton looks downright average when he is rushed. we failed to get good pressure on him when we needed to.
with that said, if you got him, you may as well tatoo him, 15 yards is worth it sometimes
We made huge defensive stops in the second half, including a sack fumble. I'm pleased with every aspect of the defensive performance yesterday. I blame yesterday's loss on God, the offense, and the officiating... in that order!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read