Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2009   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The offensive line sucks (Chris Myers mainly).......but yet we already knew that.

We're not going to become a playoff team until we get rid of this bum, he's not a legit starting center in the NFL. Everytime we go up against good playoff Dlines he gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

It was only a matter of time before his crappy play would jump up and bite us.......god knows we can't move the ball on the ground when it really matters with him in there either.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The offensive line sucks (Chris Myers mainly).......but yet we already knew that.

Chirs and Casey SUCKKKSSS SUCCKKKSSS AND SUCKKKSSS !!!!!!old news

Were is cladwell if they suck why do we still run up the middle

im going to kill my self now
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The offensive line sucks (Chris Myers mainly).......but yet we already knew that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Chirs and Casey SUCKKKSSS SUCCKKKSSS AND SUCKKKSSS !!!!!!old news

Were is cladwell if they suck why do we still run up the middle

im going to kill my self now
I wouldn't mind spending a first round pick on a center in this year's draft.........I'm serious. When you reach the playoffs (you know the place this team wants to do in the future) you have to have a center that can compete against playoff caliber Dlines.

I've been bitching about that loser for 2 years now, he needs to go. I can't believe a poster on this board actually made a thread calling him our best lineman.
Old 11-08-2009   #4
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

If the combination of Moats and Slaton continues to be productive - an upgrde in the interior line has to be one of the top two concerns.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone with the exception of Kubiak knows that Myers needs to be replaced. Hell he should have been replaced after last season.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is a weak-spot, yes, but I don't think he is much to blame for this particular loss.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I wouldn't mind spending a first round pick on a center in this year's draft.........I'm serious. When you reach the playoffs (you know the place this team wants to do in the future) you have to have a center that can compete against playoff caliber Dlines.

I've been bitching about that loser for 2 years now, he needs to go. I can't believe a poster on this board actually made a thread calling him our best lineman.
I do not believe there are centers worthy of a first round draft grade in this draft.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I can't think of anything Myers did or did not do in this game to warrant this. This was by far his worse game, but I still saw worse play from every one on the OL.

I also feel the only reasong Kubiak continues to rotate Caldwell & White, is that he plans for one of them to be our center in the future, and the other to be our right guard.

They are both playing well engough to take that spot, which is why I believe that.
Old 11-08-2009   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
He is a weak-spot, yes, but I don't think he is much to blame for this particular loss.
We got absolutely owned at the end of the game and this thread is more of a collection of his "lowlights" on the year.

All the goalline failures over the past 2 seasons.......he owns that.

All the times he gets his ass handed to him against playoff type Dlines......he owns that.

All the times our running game gets blown up inside........he owns that.

He simply isn't a starting caliber center on a playoff team. If we ever want to really push for a playoff spot, a divisional title, or ever want to really have a chance to contend, then he needs to be quality depth on the bench......not starting.

This is the #1 position that needs to be addressed this offseason, it should've been addressed last offseason (drafting a rookie in the 3rd round really isn't "addressing the situation")

If we really want to take the next step on the offensive side of the ball, he's got to go. The interior of the Oline is killing this team (it's already cost us the chance to win quite a few games the past couple of seasons) and he's the #1 problem on the interior of the Oline.
Old 11-08-2009   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can't think of anything Myers did or did not do in this game to warrant this. This was by far his worse game, but I still saw worse play from every one on the OL.

I also feel the only reasong Kubiak continues to rotate Caldwell & White, is that he plans for one of them to be our center in the future, and the other to be our right guard.

They are both playing well engough to take that spot, which is why I believe that.
Seriously.....do you watch Myers play when you watch the Oline?

Serious question.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-08-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-08-2009   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We got absolutely owned at the end of the game and this thread is more of a collection of his "lowlights" on the year.

All the goalline failures over the past 2 seasons.......he owns that.

All the times he gets his ass handed to him against playoff type Dlines......he owns that.

All the times our running game gets blown up inside........he owns that.

He simply isn't a starting caliber center on a playoff team. If we ever want to really push for a playoff spot, a divisional title, or ever want to really have a chance to contend, then he needs to be quality depth on the bench......not starting.

This is the #1 position that needs to be addressed this offseason, it should've been addressed last offseason (drafting a rookie in the 3rd round really isn't "addressing the situation")

If we really want to take the next step on the offensive side of the ball, he's got to go. The interior of the Oline is killing this team (it's already cost us the chance to win quite a few games the past couple of seasons) and he's the #1 problem on the interior of the Oline.
I can't really argue with that and I can't believe he's still starting either.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #12
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think regardless of how good our O line looks, every year we should be drafting a lineman. Not necessarily on the first day, but injuries happen and you never know when you will need to plug in guys in spots they weren't originally intended. At this point, I wouldn't say any of our lineman are irreplaceable. At the same time, Schaub needs to learn to make his reads fast and throw or tuck and run. He isn't helping his cause by holding on to it as long as he has.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're not going to become a playoff team until we get rid of this bum, he's not a legit starting center in the NFL. Everytime we go up against good playoff Dlines he gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

It was only a matter of time before his crappy play would jump up and bite us.......god knows we can't move the ball on the ground when it really matters with him in there either.
where was he on that that terrible schaub pick or the moats fumble?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Myers is bad, TK. Period.

He goes for the double-team to help out the LG and totally blows the man coming right through his own space. He immediately went to the double-team instead of holding his ground for a little bit longer. That was baaaaaad play.

The people griping about anybody not named Chris Myers are bogus.
Old 11-08-2009   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I wouldn't mind us adding a stud interior OL with our first round pick this year. I know...ZBS yadda yadda but if we draft a blue chipper in the 1st maybe we can nip this ongoing issue of not being able to get any push up the middle and Schaub not having a pocket to step into to rest.

Its more important than a "feature back" imo and with the turnaround the defense has had I would say that its our most important need period.

We drafted Caldwell in the 3rd, that's a start but there's something wrong with him if he cant get on the field with 2 starting interior OL on IR. Lets get a bluechipper at any of the 3 spots (preferably C to get rid of Myers once and for all), hope that Caldwell can take a spot and hope Pitts or Brisiel can come back and hold down the other spot.

I'm tired of having such a pathetic interior OL. When our defense gets an INT with 7 minutes left and we're up by 4 points i'd like to be able to run the ball down their throats and score another td with little to no time left to put the game out of reach...not go 3 and out!!! When all we need to do is gain a yard and we get multiple chances on the goal line to do so, i'd like to get some push up the middle instead of having to spread the defense out and "outfinesse" them.

When we get a lead i'd like to have an OL that can knock the DL off the ball and allow us to run out the clock and keep the lead!!!
Old 11-08-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Myers is bad, TK. Period.

He goes for the double-team to help out the LG and totally blows the man coming right through his own space. He immediately went to the double-team instead of holding his ground for a little bit longer. That was baaaaaad play.

The people griping about anybody not named Chris Myers are bogus.
If you're talking about the play where Schuab got hit on the delayed blitz that forced the turn over, I'm with you that Myers should have picked that man up.

But no one "saw" the delayed blitz. That should have been called before the snap... Myers was doing his job, according to what they saw pre-snap.

Maybe he should trust Studdard a little more, & keep his eyes upfield & watch the spy...... I don't know. But if that's the worse you got.....
Old 11-08-2009   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you're talking about the play where Schuab got hit on the delayed blitz that forced the turn over, I'm with you that Myers should have picked that man up.

But no one "saw" the delayed blitz. That should have been called before the snap... Myers was doing his job, according to what they saw pre-snap.

Maybe he should trust Studdard a little more, & keep his eyes upfield & watch the spy...... I don't know. But if that's the worse you got.....
The center is the man. Outside of the QB, the center should be ready for anything like that.

So, "Yes," it should have been called before the snap. And a starter-quality NFL center should be ready for that sort of thing.

Letting a man come THAT clean is never acceptable. And he's done this before, too. He's been out there looking for loose coins on the field before today.

And in the run game, he's a liability in the red zone.

Nice guy, I've heard. But this might by the need position that could push this team over the top. If we had the player caliber of Brian Cushing at the center position, this whole offense would be better at every aspect of the game.

Forget the secondary, guys. Pollard will do at safety. Center is THE need in round 1.
Old 11-08-2009   #18
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The center is the man. Outside of the QB, the center should be ready for anything like that.

So, "Yes," it should have been called before the snap. And a starter-quality NFL center should be ready for that sort of thing.

Letting a man come THAT clean is never acceptable. And he's done this before, too. He's been out there looking for loose coins on the field before today.

And in the run game, he's a liability in the red zone.

Nice guy, I've heard. But this might by the need position that could push this team over the top. If we had the player caliber of Brian Cushing at the center position, this whole offense would be better at every aspect of the game.

Forget the secondary, guys. Pollard will do at safety. Center is THE need in round 1.
do you realy think a C is the answer to or O problems?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
When the heat is on, I certainly do.

Hey, if you think TODAY was critical and a pressure-cooker game...what is going to happen IF and WHEN we do get to have a playoff game?

Most of Manning's success is directly linked to his center. That's a fact.

I just keep looking at who the sore thumb is on this team. And it isn't the FG kicker. Dude, even our SECONDARY is somehow managing to not screw up thus far this season.

I think we need a much better center than what we have. Instead of hanging losses on the FG kicker. Let's get a guy who locks things down and knows, when the heat is on, what to do and where to go.

When I saw Myers go for the double-team, and I saw that blue jersey take one big step up the middle, I threw my remote before the pick even happened.

It's just predictable. In a glaring manner.
Old 11-08-2009   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Umm.......yeah, what offense are you watching?

QB is fine...

RB could be upgraded (to find a back that won't fumble), but without a inside anchor who can get a push instead of being pushed back we'll still have the same problems

WRs are more than fine

TEs, same as WRs

That leaves offensive line.......mainly the interior of the offensive line. Who's the biggest cluprit in the middle of that line.......center. That center position has cost us MULTIPLE GAMES.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read