Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bad NFL stadium seats

here are the colts

cowboy's have 2 of them (video shows them) behind a brick wall

http://deadspin.com/5344216/cowboys-...his-brick-wall
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #2
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bad NFL stadium seats

Now who in the hell would actually pay money for those seats?
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
people who trust that the tickets they're paying top dollar for aren't going to be behind some pillars

pretty sad way to squeeze out a few extra bucks out of loyal fans
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
here are the colts

The Cowboys seats are attached to a rod instead of being individually bolted into the concrete. I would be willing to bet 100 percent that the seats aren't sold to anyone. However, it would be an excellent location for someone to move to take a call and have a little privacy.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
here are the colts

wow...that's just pathetic. It's nothing but greed as to the reason why those seats exist at that location.
Old 11-09-2009   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans were in the AFC Championship game in Indianapolis, and those seats were all that was available, I'd gladly buy them and just stand up next to one of the rails all game long :/
Old 11-09-2009   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Reliant has seats like that; they're up in the corner section close to Sec 619.

One of my good friends' boss bought season tickets in 2007 and was given those seats. Don't ask me why the seats are there, much less why the Texans are/were still issuing season tickets for them, but he ended up getting upgraded to the second row, 50 yard line because of it.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2009   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Reliant has seats like that; they're up in the corner section close to Sec 619.

One of my good friends' boss bought season tickets in 2007 and was given those seats. Don't ask me why the seats are there, much less why the Texans are/were still issuing season tickets for them, but he ended up getting upgraded to the second row, 50 yard line because of it.
Really? My season tickets were in 619 for 2002 and 2003, and I do not remember a large support beam in that area. Obviously, I'm not an engineer with photographic memory of every detail in Reliant, but I honestly did not think that there were any blocked views at the stadium. That's interesting. Glad customer support helped him out, though!
Old 11-11-2009   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Really? My season tickets were in 619 for 2002 and 2003, and I do not remember a large support beam in that area. Obviously, I'm not an engineer with photographic memory of every detail in Reliant, but I honestly did not think that there were any blocked views at the stadium. That's interesting. Glad customer support helped him out, though!
Pretty sure. I used to have season tickets in that section too and I could swear he said it was in that corner.

Regardless, I can vouch for the veracity of the story. My friend (whose boss it was that got upgraded) is a huge Dolphins fan. So, his boss gave him his tickets for the Dolphins game that year. Also, my wife (fiance at the time) went to the game with one of her friends and was also sitting on the second row at the ~40 yard line. Meanwhile, my buddy and I, the biggest Texans fans by far, were up in 619. Pretty raw deal.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The same thing happened to the Astrodome after Bud threatened to move the team to Jacksonville. After the Dome was renovated, the first regular season game was against the Raiders.

I bought a ticket from one of those guys that are always standing around on Holly Hall for $25. I get to my seat and there is a column directly in front of me. That column and many more like it blocked the view of many seats. This was after Bud's greed removed our fabled scoreboard that created all of these blocked view seats.

The bum who sold me the ticket did not bother to mention this.

ps. Buck Fud.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
this douche did.

Old 11-11-2009   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You get back up into the corners of Reliant at the top and you get some pretty lousy seats. I think that's more or less true about every stadium ever built. At least the rectangular and square ones. The big circles like the Astrodome generally didn't have that issue (though they had problems of their own too).
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read