Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-07-2009   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coogs win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 46-45

Score a TD with 21 seconds to go, miss the 2 point conv.trail 43-45.

Recover onsides kick, 18 seconds to go. Dirve to the tulsa 34 and kick a 51 yd game winner as time expires!!!!!!!!

Oh My God!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #2
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coogs win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 46-45

I was keeping up on gamecast. Unreal.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
I was keeping up on gamecast. Unreal.
Go was I, plus listening in on 790 and I'll have to admit the Tulsa players faking injuries almost paid off.
Old 11-07-2009   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I was keeping up on gamecast and it initially showed us losing 43-45. I go over to coogfans and it turns out we won.

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-08-2009   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

These guys are really impressive. They have a great kind of gimmicky (but very effective) offense and a defense that needs a lot of work (but they're all freshmen and sophmore's so there's plenty of time to grow) but the thing that blows me away is that they just don't quit. Ever. In another year or two I can't help but think that UH might be a real force in college football for the first time in like.... forever.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
These guys are really impressive. They have a great kind of gimmicky (but very effective) offense and a defense that needs a lot of work (but they're all freshmen and sophmore's so there's plenty of time to grow) but the thing that blows me away is that they just don't quit. Ever. In another year or two I can't help but think that UH might be a real force in college football for the first time in like.... forever.
Two things: First, Case Keenum is clutch. The whole team never quits, and Case is the guy that just calmly stands in there and delivers time after time after time. Second, Coach Sumlin is the real deal. If UH can figure out a way to hold onto him, the Coogs will be a force to be reckoned with for a while.
Old 11-08-2009   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Those announcers were complete trash. They were saying how the game was over after Tulsa stopped the 2 point conversion and how that kicker pretty much had no chance. Completely unprofessional and it was funny to listen to them eat their words. Go Coogs!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009   #8
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel for the poor coach who has to face his alumni after squaring off against this team in a Bowl Game.
Dan B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #9
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I never thought in my dream that the Coogs pull this one off! Way to go Coogs! But please Win by a land slide as my hart can't take too much of beating like this two days in a row. (Saturday Coogs and Sunday Texans)
(-。-)y―・~~    _| ̄|○ _/\○_   _| ̄|・;∵..-=≡○ 

Go Coogs!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Austin American Stateman at it's best.

Quote:
No. 15 Houston 50, Southern Miss 43
Can we get an updated round of scores, please?

Last edited by Showtime100; 11-08-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Those announcers were complete trash. They were saying how the game was over after Tulsa stopped the 2 point conversion and how that kicker pretty much had no chance. Completely unprofessional and it was funny to listen to them eat their words. Go Coogs!
I have to admit that I felt the same way after that sack. A miracle finish!

I don't get the strategy of either UH or Tulsa, on the TD drive. I thought that the Coogs needed to conserve more of the clock, in the event that they missed the 2 point conversion. There was no reason to burn the clock, Tulsa would have just sat on the ball and gone to OT if the Coogs had converted that 2 pointer.

And why was Tulsa stopping the clock with the bogus "injuries"? That was counterproductive. They needed the clock to run. Very questionable strategy on both teams' behalf.

I don't know what kind of draft prospect Case Keenum is. He's not real big, nor has a cannon arm. But, he's a good athlete who seems to have "it". He has that presence and feel of a winning QB. My guess is that he finds his way on a NFL roster, gets on the field due to injury, and never leaves.
Old 11-08-2009   #12
gwallaia

I am borrowing a post from coogfans.com that would hopefully dispel the critics who say UH is nothing more than a pass-happy offense.

So on ESPN Sportscenter right now, the host keeps asking how many times we run...which is designed to undercut Keenum's awesome numbers. I guess it's not enough to lead your team to four 4th quarter comeback victories, beat 3 good BCS teams, be ranked about #10, and lead the nation in passing yards, touchdowns, completion percentage, etc.

So to help ESPN's incompetent researchers out, I figured I'd let them know that the Coogs rushed for 174 yards on 40 carries tonight. Jack-holes.

For comparison, today's rushing numbers:
Houston 40 rushes, 174 yards
Texas 25 rushes, 65 yards
Florida 38 rushes, 148 yards
Alabama 37 rushes, 180 yards

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=215&f=2804&t=5081153

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-08-2009   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know what kind of draft prospect Case Keenum is. He's not real big, nor has a cannon arm. But, he's a good athlete who seems to have "it". He has that presence and feel of a winning QB. My guess is that he finds his way on a NFL roster, gets on the field due to injury, and never leaves.
Yeah, someone on here was posting about how Keenum is a system QB, which is about the biggest load of crap I've heard. Damn near every college QB is a system QB. They all run the zone read or the spread offense, and before that, QBs ran the option. Seems like an awful lot of option QBs made it into the NFL. Keenum is no more a system QB than any other, and to top it off, he makes the system what it is.

He has all the things you would want in a QB from the neck up, so it really boils down to measurables. I don't think he'll get drafted before the 3rd round, and I think that whoever takes him will have a steal.
Old 11-09-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I just wanted to point out thaat this was a fantastic game to watch as a football fan. Talkin about edge of your seat kind of excitement!

Coogs get a defense worth a darn, they'd be unstoppable
Old 11-09-2009   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Really fun and exciting game!! If you're a fan of exciting football, this game was for you!!

Go Coogs!
Old 11-09-2009   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, is this UH QB in the Heisman conversation ? I don't mean among UH fans, but is there talk nationally that he could be in the Heisman race ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, is this UH QB in the Heisman conversation ? I don't mean among UH fans, but is there talk nationally that he could be in the Heisman race ?
Yes. He won't win because people have it in their heads that he's a "system" QB, and they overlook just how good he really is. Keenum is probably most writers' #3 guy, behind Ingram and Spiller.
Old 11-09-2009   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Some open minded people talk about Case in the Heisman chase (i.e. Tim Brando, CBS). Most don't though, and act all butt-hurt that Tim Tebow / Colt McCoy aren't putting up the gaudy numbers they thought they would AND that Bradford is hurt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read