Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2009   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playbook AFC - Sterling Sharpe Predicts Texans Win vs. Colts

He was very opinionated when it came to this game. Not only does he believe in the offense, Schaub, etc.; he gave our defense the thumbs up over Manning. He's definitely drinking some Battle Red Koolaid this week.

Anyone else catch this?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #2
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playbook AFC - Sterling Sharpe Predicts Texans Win vs. Colts

Yeah, I watch it every week and this is the first time someone has gone out on a limb to pick us. They usually go out on a limb to pick against us, but Sharpe believes this team has something to prove and that they may want this more and he believes in our defense now. I just hope we can come through.

Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #3
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
He was very opinionated when it came to this game. Not only does he believe in the offense, Schaub, etc.; he gave our defense the thumbs up over Manning. He's definitely drinking some Battle Red Koolaid this week.

Anyone else catch this?
More impressive than that, I am predicting a Texan win this Sunday as well. I think the offense is going to physically dominate the Colts and also exploit a lot of inexperience in the secondary. Defensively, we may give up some points and quite a few yards, but for the first time ever, the Colts are actually going to have to work for their yards. No more WRs running free down the field. No more missed assignments and missed tackles. They aren't going to run it well and the WRs are going to get slobber-knocked every time they go for the ball. And, coverage will be pretty tight most of the time, as well. Oh, and Peyton will deal with constant pressure from the front 4. I doubt we'll have a ton of sacks but those tackles are going to be overmatched by A. Smith and Mario.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

He has liked us for a while. Our biggest fan.
Old 11-06-2009   #5
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
He has liked us for a while. Our biggest fan.
I think our biggest fan is Warren Sapp. But yeah Sharpe definitely likes what the Texans do more than most media members and picks us a lot. Theismann didn't pick us in this game but he's been Texan-friendly all season too.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I think our biggest fan is Warren Sapp. But yeah Sharpe definitely likes what the Texans do more than most media members and picks us a lot. Theismann didn't pick us in this game but he's been Texan-friendly all season too.

On a national level I would agree. Then Gus Johnson, then Michael Smith. (maybe not so much anymore.)

Clearly Baldinger wasn't impressed. He squeeks in at the end that our run game is ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
More impressive than that, I am predicting a Texan win this Sunday as well. I think the offense is going to physically dominate the Colts and also exploit a lot of inexperience in the secondary. Defensively, we may give up some points and quite a few yards, but for the first time ever, the Colts are actually going to have to work for their yards. No more WRs running free down the field. No more missed assignments and missed tackles. They aren't going to run it well and the WRs are going to get slobber-knocked every time they go for the ball. And, coverage will be pretty tight most of the time, as well. Oh, and Peyton will deal with constant pressure from the front 4. I doubt we'll have a ton of sacks but those tackles are going to be overmatched by A. Smith and Mario.
I'm predicting a win as well. Dale Murphy's all hopped up on pain pills so I wouldn't trust anything he posts for the rest of the day.

But you can always trust me Texans Talk faithful!
Old 11-06-2009   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
On a national level I would agree. Then Gus Johnson, then Michael Smith. (maybe not so much anymore.)

Clearly Baldinger wasn't impressed. He squeeks in at the end that our run game is ****.

I'm predicting a win as well. Dale Murphy's all hopped up on pain pills so I wouldn't trust anything he posts for the rest of the day.

But you can always trust me Texans Talk faithful!
It's true, but I'm balancing the pain pills with some beer.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2009   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
then Michael Smith. (maybe not so much anymore.)
I haven't seen/read much of Smith in a while now, why "not so much anymore"?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

for that exact same reason.

The only time I read things he's written it's because he's written them about the Texans.
Old 11-06-2009   #10
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, Stherling Stharpe! Sorry...couldn't resist.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #11
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Pipe down Grandpa Lou!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Heres the video.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #13
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1192 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is what I like, not a single ESPN analyst included in the poll picked us:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

BTW, does anybody else find it a little funny that the computer and public opinion is beating the experts?
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
It's true, but I'm balancing the pain pills with some beer.
Oh, that's lovely.

Be sure to chase it with some NyQuil.
Old 11-06-2009   #15
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
Here is what I like, not a single ESPN analyst included in the poll picked us:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

BTW, does anybody else find it a little funny that the computer and public opinion is beating the experts?
Herm Edwards on NFL Live actually picked us to win
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #16
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I also feel like we can win this game. It's the perfect opportunity to bring the team together. I think that this will be the first game where we compete in all 3 phases for 60 minutes. I'm usually not too optomistic when we're playing divisional opponents but I like our chances.
Old 11-06-2009   #17
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Hey, that's Sht'anon that talksth like that!
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #18
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Maybe so, but one thing I do know is on Inside the NFL that man Sapp didn't pick us to beat the Colts...actually he didn't give us a shot a beating them this season! He said the only teams that can stop them from going undefeated will be the Pats and Ravens....

Not showing much love for us there and we even play them twice.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #19
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Maybe so, but one thing I do know is on Inside the NFL that man Sapp didn't pick us to beat the Colts...actually he didn't give us a shot a beating them this season! He said the only teams that can stop them from going undefeated will be the Pats and Ravens....

Not showing much love for us there and we even play them twice.
Because of our all time 1-13, and inconsistency earlier in the year I suppose. If we can pull this one out our next game with them could really be big considering they have the Pats and Ravens in between our two games. It is possible we meet them in game two with both teams being 7-3.
Old 11-07-2009   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very happy with this team right now, but I just don't see us winning in Indy. I see us splitting with them and getting a wild card birth this year. We'll beat them later in Houston.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read