Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2009   #1
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 37 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sanders out for atleast a few weeks

From Indystar

Quote:
Indianapolis Colts safety Bob Sanders will require surgery to address an injury to his left elbow and miss an undetermined amount of time. Also, starting cornerback Kelvin Hayden is expected to miss up to four weeks with a knee injury.
Full article: http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...ayden+also+out
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sanders out for atleast a few weeks

Wow. Peyton will LITERALLY have to beat us with one hand tied behind
his back. Our chances to sweep the Colts have NEVER been better! Texans
to the playoffs, baby!
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Convenient for us

hope he gets well though, i love watching him play when he doesn't play us.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent.

I dont care how we get wins, wins are all that matters. If we get the chance to face a half-strength Colts team so be it.

Now they know how it feels to lose OD
Old 11-06-2009   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

We still have two days left! Next to go down?
Old 11-06-2009   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That dude just can't stay on the field.
Old 11-06-2009   #7
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Yeah, really. Wasn't his first game back last week?
Old 11-06-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is true. He's only 5'8" 208, but he's bigger than Dunta for those that wanted to move him to safety. Dunta would crush himself as a safety.
Old 11-06-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Yeah, really. Wasn't his first game back last week?
I don't know I can't keep up with all his injuries. He is a beast when he is healthy though.
Old 11-06-2009   #10
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This is true. He's only 5'8" 208, but he's bigger than Dunta for those that wanted to move him to safety. Dunta would crush himself as a safety.
I thought Dunta played safety for his first two years in college?
Old 11-06-2009   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody else in the NFL ever apologized for beating the Texans when they were hurt or short handed so I'm not going to apologize for it if the Texans win Sunday. I'm not counting on anything but nothing has changed. I still sit down to watch them play every week wanting and expecting to see a win. I know it's not reasonable but I want them to win them all.

The law of averages says sooner or later the Texans are going to begin winning some of these games against the Colts. This week is as good as any for that to happen.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Nobody else in the NFL ever apologized for beating the Texans when they were hurt or short handed so I'm not going to apologize for it if the Texans win Sunday. I'm not counting on anything but nothing has changed. I still sit down to watch them play every week wanting and expecting to see a win. I know it's not reasonable but I want them to win them all.

The law of averages says sooner or later the Texans are going to begin winning some of these games against the Colts. This week is as good as any for that to happen.
True. You got to field your best squad and go to battle, no excuses. That's why quality depth can make or break a season.
Old 11-06-2009   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only downside to this is that when we beat the Colts, I can already hear the announcers writing is off due to Indys injuries
Old 11-06-2009   #14
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought Dunta played safety for his first two years in college?
There is the key, that word right there.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Sanders out for atleast a few weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The only downside to this is that when we beat the Colts, I can already hear the announcers writing is off due to Indys injuries
I agree they will, but there's NO reason to even care about that, because we're down OD. He was leading or 2nd in TD receptions in the LEAGUE.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We still have two days left! Next to go down?
Im hoping Pey-Me-A-Ton slips while getting out of his limo on the way into the stadium and sprains something , knee , ankle , head - anything.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #17
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True. You got to field your best squad and go to battle, no excuses. That's why quality depth can make or break a season.
If I remember correctly, the last time Schaub faced the Colts was at home
in '07. The Texans were coming into that game, with a record of 2-0, fresh
off a road win at Carolina. It was a game in which the Texans went down
by 3 touchdowns, and came back to blow the Panthers out. Late in garbage
time, Dre got hit and sprained his MCL. So, going into the Colts game,
we were already a man down.

I also remember 2 or 3 more of our major players getting hurt in that game.
Hunter Smith separated rookie Jacoby Jones' shoulder on a 70-some-odd
yard punt return. Also, we lost Steve Mckinney, our best center in that
game. Injuries bite everybody, and they bit us HARD in '07.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #18
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiantexan View Post
It's now season-ending surgury for Sanders.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4628597
Old 11-06-2009   #19
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
If I remember correctly, the last time Schaub faced the Colts was at home
in '07. The Texans were coming into that game, with a record of 2-0, fresh
off a road win at Carolina. It was a game in which the Texans went down
by 3 touchdowns, and came back to blow the Panthers out. Late in garbage
time, Dre got hit and sprained his MCL. So, going into the Colts game,
we were already a man down.

I also remember 2 or 3 more of our major players getting hurt in that game.
Hunter Smith separated rookie Jacoby Jones' shoulder on a 70-some-odd
yard punt return. Also, we lost Steve Mckinney, our best center in that
game. Injuries bite everybody, and they bit us HARD in '07.
I also remember that , it was my first year as a texan fan and o boy was i excited. Then the **** hit the fan . All i remember thinking after those 2 games was " Y haven't i been watchin these *******er's in years past"
Then our season slowly came to a hault.
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #20
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
It's now season-ending surgury for Sanders.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4628597
Wow that sucks for the Colts. Bethea and Bullitt are still a good tandem back there at the safety spots though.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read