Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-05-2009   #21
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin Fans Beware: VY Fanboys wanting to get Titans back on air

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I just skimmed the thread. Holy hell, there are some window-licking dumbasses on that board. Wow... and I'm a HUGE UT fan!!
This is what I posted

Quote:
Geez, I post on another Horns site and someone told me about this thread. We have a few Titans yahoos over there however nothing like this.

We all love former UT players but leave the NFL to us NFL fans who actually root for teams. You can watch the highlights on ESPN later.

BTW, I live in Austin not Houston and am a huge Texans fan. I root for Texas teams like most people around here (OK I do hate the Cowboys however that is besides the point). I grew up a huge Oilers fan. When they screwed us and left the state they could go to hell as far as I am concerned.

Screw the Titans and Bud Adams, I don't care if JC plays for them. I am real sorry Vince plays there however that is just the way it goes. Hopefully next year he ends up on another team, actually the Redskins would be nice. I would like to see you Cowboys fans clamoring for FOX to show the Redskins instead of the Cowboys because of VY.

So for all of you emailing KEYE to pollute our Austin airwaves with a sorry 1-6 team from a state I have hardly even visited and could care less about since I am from Texas over the home team Texans (and face it, the Texans are just as much a NFL home team as the Cowboys considering Houston is even to Austin closer than Dallas), you have 3 choices ...

or better yet

Followed up by ....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky b
you realize we're not "Titans yahoos", right? If Vince no longer played for Tennessee, none of us would want to watch Tennessee all the time. I'm not a fan of clothing, I'm a fan of the player.
Yes, I do realize that. I like players too however I am a fan of uniforms. I root for burnt orange on Saturdays, and Texans blue on Sundays no matter who is suiting up for them.

I also have a High School alma mater and I still root for them on Fridays. However if we win State and our star player goes to A&M or OU I am not going to start rooting for those schools. The same applies from UT to the NFL.

Look, I get many of you don't care for the NFL. So leave the NFL to real NFL fans like myself. There are many other great things to do around Austin on Sundays (as my wife likes to remind me of often).

When you get home you can go to NFL.com and just watch the Vince Young highlights. It's really a great feature, you can watch every VY play without having to waste your time watching the Titans on defense, watching running plays, special teams plays or sitting through the commercials.

For everyone that missed last Sunday's VY game here you go. Walah! http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ung-highlights

Isn't that great, nothing but Vince!

BTW, I love this board. A huge upgrade to the other place I frequent. Besides this I will be here to talk Horns.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #22
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Those people are more pathetic than the posters at hornfans.com

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #23
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I saw that. LOL!!! I love the Uhaul picture.

By the way - I've already gotten a response from KEYE so if you guys were thinking about sending a preemptive email, he'll probably get back to you soon.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #24
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Hooke'em, you might be a UT fan, but you're ok.

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-05-2009   #25
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Yeah, I saw that. LOL!!! I love the Uhaul picture.
Ditto the U-Haul picture. Hilarious!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #26
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

The best thing about the Texans and NFL football in general is the broad and deep base of support it gets. Texans fans are Sooners, Horns, Aggies, Tigers, Coogs, Owls, etc. I don't give a damn where a player went to school when they don the Texans unis and I don't give a damn about the college allegiances of fellow Texans fans. We are all brothers and supporters of something bigger and better IMO.

Brian Cushing has become my favorite player and I could give a rat's ass that he went to USC. Ray Childress was one my all time favorite Oilers and he was as red ass an Aggie as they come. It does not matter. These idiots at shaggybevo.com don't seem to get that.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I just don't understand this, why aren't they clamoring to see Bengals games? You know Benson plays there now. Or how bout Browns games, isn't Rodgers playing there? Or Raider games, Griffin is there, right? I think they need to use some of that money they earn from that fine education they got at UT to purchase Sunday Ticket and get over it already.

I despise the term "nut hugger" and all that "man love" junk but seriously, there's a reason these things began coming up. The fandom is just a little too intense. It's a little too emotional. It's gone on a little too long. They might be fans of these other players who are former horns but this pales in comparison to the creepy over-the-top man love they feel for Vince.

I don't know if Colt would replace that following a National Championship. I almost think it would be worth living through another one just to find out. I'm generally a supporter of this states teams in general. I have favorites when they play one another but I like to see them all do as well as they can. I could deal with it. I think it would be easier on us because we wouldn't probably be in a position to have to decline to draft Colt like we did with Vince.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2009   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of y'all had better watch it, because VY's #1 fan is going to show up one day and wish bad things on all of you.
Old 11-05-2009   #29
gwallaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Some of y'all had better watch it, because VY's #1 fan is going to show up one day and wish bad things on all of you.
Not for a couple of weeks anyway.

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-05-2009   #30
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Like DIE? LOL What an F-Tard hehe
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SpiralOut wrote:
Why anyone would want to watch this dumb looking, glass-jawed ***** every Sunday is beyond me.
Confirmed. These asshats are worshippers and not fans of football. I think Schaub threw for 125 in a quarter this season while that was Radio's total last week.
Old 11-05-2009   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe I read the whole thing over at shaggybevo... Please, someone shoot me.
Old 11-05-2009   #33
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
dear god i hate UT
Reading that thread makes me want to move.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #34
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

one of the best threads i've read in a while, lol. i moved to the ATX about ten years ago and the VY love is ridiculous. that title team was arguably the greatest ever. not just because of vy. assnuts in this town act like he lead BAYLOR to a title. so glad he's not a texan so all these half ass fans aren't my kin.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #35
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bud trolls here?
Old 11-05-2009   #36
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, what do you expect from a board that instead of having "newbie", "rookie", etc for a new poster, the newbie label is "fuktard"?

I like the board as far as the software is concerned. It is head and shoulders above the other Horns board I frequent. However it looks like it is a bunch asshat VY jocksniffers that just prefer to throw F bombs instead of engaging in any real conversation.

BTW, Hornsfan.com has it's share of Texans fans and there are quite a few who are realists about VY over there.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #37
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I despise the term "nut hugger" and all that "man love" junk but seriously, there's a reason these things began coming up. The fandom is just a little too intense. It's a little too emotional. It's gone on a little too long. They might be fans of these other players who are former horns but this pales in comparison to the creepy over-the-top man love they feel for Vince.

I don't know if Colt would replace that following a National Championship. I almost think it would be worth living through another one just to find out. I'm generally a supporter of this states teams in general. I have favorites when they play one another but I like to see them all do as well as they can. I could deal with it. I think it would be easier on us because we wouldn't probably be in a position to have to decline to draft Colt like we did with Vince.
Um, no thank you sir. I respond not to the notion of UT getting a Championship, but to another battle for us in Austin to fight. You can sit there in Spring and watch all the Texans football you want, pre-game, post-game, in depth coverage on the news, whereas we have to chew fingernails week-in and week-out just for the game itself. No thank you. Have it happen in Houston (as was suggested by one of their drones) and you would understand.

Speaking of one of their drones, this guy (I'll leave his name out) takes the cake. One step away from being accused of a flatline.

Quote:
Like I said, I sent a letter to KHOU, too. I am hoping all those Tennessee fans now living in Houston can catch their true hometown team on their local CBS affiliate.
It just doesn't seem right that they can't watch the Titans.

No need to carry a team that evokes feelings of indifference nationwide.
Just but one sample of many by this clown.
Old 11-05-2009   #38
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't really understand their logic. I mean I get it, they like Vince Young. But its the NFL, not the Vince Young League. It made no sense to me that they showed Tennessee games when I first moved to Austin when there's an NFL team 3 hours away.

Now they want CBS to show the games again because he's starting? Let's see, I can watch the 5-3 Houston Texans or the 1-6 Titans with arguably the worst starting QB in the league on their team. I really wanted to make an account there to argue, but it is pretty pointless because their heads are so far up VY's ass they won't listen to logic and they'll just tell me to DIAF for not thinking he's Jesus.

Leave the NFL to the actual NFL fans and don't ruin it because your college mancrush plays for a team that actual NFL fans in Austin don't give a crap about.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #39
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
The best thing about the Texans and NFL football in general is the broad and deep base of support it gets. Texans fans are Sooners, Horns, Aggies, Tigers, Coogs, Owls, etc. I don't give a damn where a player went to school when they don the Texans unis and I don't give a damn about the college allegiances of fellow Texans fans. We are all brothers and supporters of something bigger and better IMO.

Brian Cushing has become my favorite player and I could give a rat's ass that he went to USC. Ray Childress was one my all time favorite Oilers and he was as red ass an Aggie as they come. It does not matter. These idiots at shaggybevo.com don't seem to get that.
Agreed. I am a UT fan but I am nothing like those people over there. It's not that hard, there's college and then there is the pros. Just because a college player goes to play somewhere doesn't make me a fan of that team, and it doesn't mean I wish ill will to that player. It's okay to keep tabs on players and what not I guess but swearing loyalty to whichever team they end up on doesn't make sense to me. Of course I happen to prefer the NFL over everything else. And I happen to be extremely loyal to the Texans, that's where it starts for me having been born in Houston and growing up in Chambers county.

I freaking hate USC, I can't stand that team or anything about them, along with several other teams, but I love me some Brian Cushing. The second any collegiate player puts on a Texans uniform he has my unwavering support. I don't care where they went to school or whatever, I care what they can do for this orginization.
Old 11-06-2009   #40
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

That board is something else. Can't be anything but a bunch of prepubescent kids there. At many baseball boards on mlb.com you have enter by kicking the door in with guns drawn because that's what you get there, just a bunch of bored kids looking for female posters...lol.

I've seen bad boards, but that one takes the prize. The funny part is there is even a mod there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read