Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-05-2009   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rodney Harrison: "The Titans are the Dirtiest Team in the League"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-the-league/

Quote:
Rodney Harrison knows all about being named the NFL's dirtiest player. And he doesn't agree that Hines Ward deserves to "win" the honor.

Speaking on the Dan Patrick Show, he called Ward "an offensive Rodney Harrison." (That may not help Ward's case to most listeners.) "He plays the game the way it needs to be played," Harrison said.

Harrison listened to the list of names on the list and said one stuck out.

"Kevin Mawae is dirty. He's a dirty dude."

Harrison went on to say the Titans, as a team, are the dirtiest in the league. Harrison still isn't happy about with the Titans because of a play on New Year's Eve in 2006 when receiver Bobby Wade took out Harrison's knees, injuring him for New England's playoff run. Harrison says the Titans sideline was laughing, and even coach Jeff Fisher had a smile on his face.

Harrison said he didn't consider himself a dirty player because he never intended to hurt anyone and he never went at a player's knees. Of course, he did like to go at a player's mouth.

Asked if that was allowed, Harrison said: "The rules say I'm not . . . but I mean I have to do what I have to do to separate him and the football. That's all part of football."
I'm not surprised at all by this.

It just reinforces my opinion that the Titans' dirty play is coached.

F you Fisher.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rodney Harrison: "The Titans are the Dirtiest Team in the League"

I despise Finnegan, thats for sure.
Old 11-05-2009   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If anyone knows about dirty play, it's Harrison and I believe him. By the same token I didn't need him to tell me, I been had knowin that.
Old 11-05-2009   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rty/index.html

Quote:
Hines Ward is the dirtiest player in the NFL, according to a Sports Illustrated poll of 296 players released this week.

The Steelers' wide receiver, long considered the league's best blocking wide receiver, received 11.6 percent of the vote. He was followed by Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (6.0), Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter (6.0), Bengals safety Roy Williams (5.1) and Titans center Kevin Mawae (4.6). Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan (4.2), Rams guard Richie Incognito (3.7), Falcons guard Harvey Dahl (3.7), Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (3.7) and Vikings defensive end Jared Allen (3.2) rounded out the top 10.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
That's a joke that Ward was voted as the league's dirtiest player. Ward isn't dirty. He's just a violent WR that takes LB's heads off when they're not paying attention and most DB's and LB's aren't used to WR's doing that so they whine and complain when Hines drops a hammer on that ass. They're lucky that most WR's just don't do that and that Hines is one of the only ones, because most of the stuff that Hines does is legal.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #6
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Heinz Ward will put a VICIOUS block on your @$$ within the first five yards OR if someone is behind him running the football. He (and the rest of the Steelers) play a brand of hard nosed football...PERIOD. He's not taking cheap shots like the one Farve attemped in the preseason against the Texans, he's just playing hard football. Troy Polamalu? I just consider myself FORTUNATE to be ALIVE in the era in which that man PLAYS the game of football. If I EVER have kids I'll tell them about watching the guy. Besides which after their snub of the Rockets when they won an NBA title (IE you're World Champions so we'll give you a regional issue while nationwide we run a cover of kittens who fart rainbows, playing with a hockey puck while wearing silly hats) they lost every last MOLECULE of my respect. Vugg 'em! AND the Horse they rode in on!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Harrison that Hines Ward is not a dirty player but the Titans as a team certainly seem to display dirty play tendencies. Hopefully our boys will be up to smacking them around on MNF the way that they did in week 2.
Old 11-05-2009   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only one on that list that I have issue with is Polamalu. As much as I'd like to dislike him, I can't. I've never been able to find evidence of him doing anything other than being a BEAST on the field.
Old 11-05-2009   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't put much stock in it if it were fans but players were polled.

Soo...they are probably on to something with this list.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #10
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Take in to account the source...
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post

According to Eric Winston (one of our linemen), the Texans/Titans game earlier this year had so many fights because Titans were trying to retaliate against Joel Dreessen (TE) for a legal block he made during the first game of last season. Sounds like dirty tactics to me to carry a grudge from game to game and act like asshats.
Old 11-05-2009   #12
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
(theme tune of flipper)They him Corty...Corty the wussie...as cheap as can be...no talent is he...they call him Corty....Corty the wussie...get burned real eZ and cheats like BC

All I can rhyme to that theme tune...They called Corty a cheater...big revelation...whats next are they going to tell us he is Andre's play toy?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #13
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

What the Titans bathe every Saturday night!
Old 11-05-2009   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Oh, I do consider the source.......that's why I find it very credible (When you want to learn about robbery/con scams and how to prevent them, you don't go to a cop), but then I didn't need him to tell me what I already knew.

We play against y'all two times a year....nothing he's saying is new.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #15
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Oh, I do consider the source.......that's why I find it very credible (When you want to learn about robbery/con scams and how to prevent them, you don't go to a cop), but then I didn't need him to tell me what I already knew.

We play against y'all two times a year....nothing he's saying is new.
The source has hard feelings stemming from an incident in a Pats/Titans game a few years ago, where he claims a Titan went for his knees.

Hardly the man I want to source on this subject.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #16
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

I would take Troy Polamalu or Ward on my team any day. Imagine Troy behind our linebackers...nasty.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
The source has hard feelings stemming from an incident in a Pats/Titans game a few years ago, where he claims a Titan went for his knees.

Hardly the man I want to source on this subject.
The source knows a dirty hit when he sees one and like I said, I thought the Titans were dirty before this so that doesn't even matter....Harrison just reinforces what alot of people feel around the league.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Vince Young got vote ... seriously a guy has to have been in how many games over the last few seasons. This poll is a joke.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Vince Young got vote ... seriously a guy has to have been in how many games over the last few seasons. This poll is a joke.
Ok, so what about the rest? Albert Haynesworth, Kevin Mawae, Cortland Finnegan? I guess the difference between (for example) you and I would be admitting the obvious. If those guys were on my team I would have to admit they are dirty even if I didn't want to go there. I know Haynesworth is a Redskin now, but all this came from his days at the 'Holler.
Old 11-05-2009   #20
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

VY is dirty cause that's he gets down on the dance floor CHEAAAAAA

gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read