Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2009   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario's shoulder

For virtually the entire season now, I've heard of Mario's shoulder "bothering him". I've also heard it's likely not going to get better this season, and is a primary reason he's not getting to the QB as he has previously. Apparently his swim moves and bull rushes are greatly hampered. Anyone heard exactly what this injury is, and what the recovery time will be until he's 100%?
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario's shoulder

All I know is no one with the Texans is talking about it or being direct when asked about it (and I don't think this is a bad thing)

So the severity of the injury and how much it is affecting Mario's play is unknown

To Mario's credit, he's not using it as an excuse
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #3
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
All I know is no one with the Texans is talking about it or being direct when asked about it (and I don't think this is a bad thing)

So the severity of the injury and how much it is affecting Mario's play is unknown

To Mario's credit, he's not using it as an excuse
Dude had plantar fasciitis in his rookie year, and didn't use it as
an excuse. He allowed people to call him a BUST his rookie year.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

If I had to guess, I'd say he has a tear to his labrum. I'm pretty sure he's going to have to get some offseason shoulder surgery.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

He's still been effective, but his numbers are down. He'll get patched up in the offseason than lead the team with 17 sacks as the Texans cruise to the playoffs next year.
Old 11-05-2009   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
If I had to guess, I'd say he has a tear to his labrum. I'm pretty sure he's going to have to get some offseason shoulder surgery.
I was thinking that he has something torn also, either a labrum, or rotator cuff.
And also agree about the offseason surgery. If this is anywhere close, the dude's in a lot of pain.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta ask, if its something serious, something that takes a 6, 9 or 12 months of rehabilitation, is it that smart to keep playing with it subpar and delaying the inevitable?
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2009   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I gotta ask, if its something serious, something that takes a 6, 9 or 12 months of rehabilitation, is it that smart to keep playing with it subpar and delaying the inevitable?
I'm sure the docs are aware of the shoulder, and I'm pretty sure they've evaluated to determine whether continuing to play on it won't exacerbate the injury.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I'm sure the docs are aware of the shoulder, and I'm pretty they've evaluated to determine whether continuing to play on it won't exacerbate the injury.
True but its ultimately up to Mario to get surgery and its easy to put that off if/when its not absolutely necessary and pain can be played through....

I just hope were doing the smart thing here... If the injury can't be further exacerbated (that sounded dirty) and its not a long rehab process then how come he didn't get this worked on immediately and come back full strength for the remainder of this season?

I'm taking shots in the dark anyways, we're not seeing the whole picture, we don't know the whole story and thats probably for the best
Old 11-05-2009   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It'll be fine.

Stop exmajerbating.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I was thinking that he has something torn also, either a labrum, or rotator cuff.
And also agree about the offseason surgery. If this is anywhere close, the dude's in a lot of pain.
Whatever is going on, we will probably never know until after the end of the season, unless extension of the present injury renders him entirely football nonfunctional.

Yesterday, Kubiak put out the expected noninterpretable "company line."

Quote:
(on DE Mario Williams) "I think he's good. He's probably ready for that week next week, you know, it'll be good for him but he's feeling as good as he's felt so there have been no setbacks."

(on if the shoulder injury will linger all season) "I don't think so. I think if he gets through this game clean and he's got a couple of weeks before the next one I think he could be 100%. I really do. He's not missing any time or anything."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't worry about Mario.
He's playing well despite the shoulder.

Last year, he had a combination of 65 sacks+QBhits+Pressures (3rd in the league).
This year, he has 32 after 8 games.
That prorates out to be 64 for the year.

Imagine what he could have done without the shoulder problem.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #13
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

It's possible he just jammed his shoulder or maybe popped it out of the arm socket. It could just be something that hurts as long as you keep playing NFL level football, hitting NFL level dudes and such. Some things just need rest and right now there is no rest.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #14
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully its not serious and he can rest it up over the bye week. He is still having a great season IMO.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Who knows where he's at, but even an 80% Mario is way better than anything else we've got on the line. Dude is a tough player, though, as he clearly demonstrated during his rookie season.
Old 11-05-2009   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Shawn Cody's back is keeping him out of practice per Nick Scurfield.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #17
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we'll see some of Deljaun "WTF am I not playing for coach?" Robinson....

Or maybe Frank "I've got everything you could possibly want in a defensive tackle except the will to be a defensive tackle" Okam....

But we'll probably see Jeff "I'm going to prove everyone wrong just for the hell of it" Zgonina. I'm guilty of thinking that Zgonina on the roster meant something bad happened.....well, it did kinda but I'm still stoked every time I see that old man making plays!!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Mario and DeMeco have proven to be the toughest players on the team with regards to battling injuries. Cushing seems pretty tough himself with that foot issue he's had the last several weeks but he's gonna need a couple more lingering injuries (I hope he doesn't get anymore!!!) before he ranks up there with those two beasts in the toughness department.
Old 11-05-2009   #19
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Mario and DeMeco have proven to be the toughest players on the team with regards to battling injuries. Cushing seems pretty tough himself with that foot issue he's had the last several weeks but he's gonna need a couple more lingering injuries (I hope he doesn't get anymore!!!) before he ranks up there with those two beasts in the toughness department.
AJ spits blood at you for leaving him off the list!
Old 11-05-2009   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
AJ spits blood at you for leaving him off the list!
I am embarrassed and am willing to suspend my fan card for such a ridiculous mistake

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read