Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2009   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Message to Colts Fans: More than HALF the Texans Defense Was Overhauled!

Wow. I went back to watch the "Rosencopter" game, and man. Our defensive
talent and schemes are lightyears better than that. We had Travis Johnson,
Anthony Weaver, Petey Faggins, Morlon Greenwood, and Brandon Harrison
starting. DANG

Those guys are now replaced with premium talent:
Shaun Cody, Bernard Pollard, Antonio Smith, Brian Cushing, Dunta Robinson / G.Q. / Brice Mccain

Timid Defensive Scheme: Richard Smith

Aggressive Defensive Scheme: Frank Bush

THAT'S MORE THAN HALF OF THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL UPGRADED!

Wow. What a difference a year makes.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #2
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1276 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Message to Colts Fans: More than HALF the Texans Defense Was Overhauled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
starting. DANG

Shaun Cody, Bernard Pollard, Antonio Smith, Brian Cushing, Dunta Robinson / G.Q.

Holy Cow!! I wonder if the Colts will even bother showing up then.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #3
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Message to Colts Fans: More than HALF the Texans Defense Was Overhauled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
The point I'm making is the defense that shut you down last year, was
garbage in comparison to this year. Only one of our starters on the entire
team is over the age of 27. Sunday should be a "passing of the guard" game
to the heirs of the AFC South.
Old 11-04-2009   #4
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
starting. DANG

Shaun Cody, Bernard Pollard, Antonio Smith, Brian Cushing, Dunta Robinson / G.Q. / Brice Mccain

Premium talent??

You can make the argument for Cushing...and mayyybe...nope. That's it.

Shaun Cody? Really? Pretty much interchangeable with TJ. I'll admit Pollard is an upgrade, but hardly a premium talent, especially against the Colts and their passing offense. And Brice McCain? Really?
buddyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #5
50boys
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer

But Peyton Manning will still be there. There's no doubt this is the best defense they've seen but Manning is still Manning. Anyways Go Texans
50boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Premium talent??

You can make the argument for Cushing...and mayyybe...nope. That's it.

Shaun Cody? Really? Pretty much interchangeable with TJ. I'll admit Pollard is an upgrade, but hardly a premium talent, especially against the Colts and their passing offense. And Brice McCain? Really?
If you take my post in context, I'm speaking on the defense that led the
Texans to a 27-10 lead against the Colts with 5 minutes left in the 4th
quarter.

Cody has been penetrating the backfield FAR MORE than TJ. Pollard was
a 2nd round pick in the '06 draft. He's a pure SS, and he's playing like it.
I specifically referenced the starting corners from last year's game with
this one. G.Q., Dunta Robinson, Brice Mccain >> Petey Faggins.

So, yes in comparison, and in context, this year's additions and the
change in scheme are PREMIUM.
Old 11-04-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha, that's pretty funny.

IMO, I think Manning will still have his way with our secondary. I still think they're the weakest part of our team and it won't take Manning long to figure that out.

We'd have to have a perfect 60 minute game in order to pull out a W. We've yet to do that, so I don't think I should expect the 1st to be Indy. Heck, if it was Indy that we turned the ball over to 3 times in 1 half, they would've ripped us a new ass.
Old 11-04-2009   #8
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Ha, that's pretty funny.

IMO, I think Manning will still have his way with our secondary. I still think they're the weakest part of our team and it won't take Manning long to figure that out.

We'd have to have a perfect 60 minute game in order to pull out a W. We've yet to do that, so I don't think I should expect the 1st to be Indy. Heck, if it was Indy that we turned the ball over to 3 times in 1 half, they would've ripped us a new ass.
I don't think the Texans need to play on eggshells, as now have offense
to match the Colts. The Colts are #1 in passing, the Texans are #3. I'm
encouraged as to how our defense has been penetrating O-lines over the
last month, and unlike Richard Smith, Frank Bush WILL blitz. Our overall
defensive talent is fast enough to wreak havoc.

It will be a much more evenly matched fight than any of the previous 14
games against the Colts. Our defense is in the top 5 at forcing turnovers.
Our defense is also one of the best at stopping the run, and #1 at forcing
3-and-outs, and near the top in 3rd down precentage.

The concerns on ball control have meaning to BOTH sides. Their offense
can score, but dammit, SO CAN OURS!!
Old 11-04-2009   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We have to take one of the two Indy games, I don't care which, but if we lose both of them, our chances of being in the playoffs are just not as good.

Go Texans!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #10
50boys
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer

This is easily the best defense the Texans have faced all year. Defense will decide the winner of this game. I don't see us running the ball effectivly. Here's to me being wrong.
50boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A sarcastic smart ass comment by a colts fan. How rare.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #12
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50boys View Post
This is easily the best defense the Texans have faced all year. Defense will decide the winner of this game. I don't see us running the ball effectivly. Here's to me being wrong.
It's also the best defense the Colts have faced. Both teams can wreak
HAVOC on an offense. This game will come down to 1 or 2 plays. I don't
see EITHER team dominating TOP, nor do I see a shootout. I see this game
being won in the 21-17, 17-14 range.
Old 11-04-2009   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Ha, that's pretty funny.

I think it's going to be very tough to win at INDY. However, I really like our chances at home. Remember, in the Rosencopter game, we shut the Colts' offense down from the second quarter through until prevent defense time late in the 4th quarter. And, by the way, DRobinson, A. Smith, B.Pollard, S.Cody, and G.Quin are very talented players on the upswing in their careers... not exactly mockable talent!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #14
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this goes into the whole "just happy to be over .500" mentality, but I'm just thrilled that this is a game where we have a chance to actually pull off a victory. Yes, Payton is Payton. He's one of the best at tearing a team apart, but he will make a couple of mistakes a game. They key is whether or not we can capitalize on them.....I know that sounds so cliche'. I may kick myselff in the ass come Sunday afternoon for even getting my hopes up, but atleast I'm not chalking this one up to a guaranteed loss as I have done in the past. This isn't a glamorous football team, but they're scrappy and seem to be playing with heart......so I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #15
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1276 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
A sarcastic smart ass comment by a colts fan. How rare.
I think that is pretty much the response that was warranted to the OP.
Old 11-04-2009   #16
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Quote:
The point I'm making is the defense that shut you down last year, was
garbage in comparison to this year. Only one of our starters on the entire
team is over the age of 27. Sunday should be a "passing of the guard" game
to the heirs of the AFC South.
Last year was last year. It is meaningless to what happens on Sunday. The fact is this is a significantly better Colts team. And as Buddy Boy referenced - you are really stretching it to call some of those defensive players premium talent. Are they better? I am sure they are. But being better does not mean stopping the Colts and it does not come close to meaning a Houston win.

Sunday will not be a passing of the guard game regardless of the winner because the fact is the Colts will still have a healthy division lead. Save that passing of the guard stuff for when it actually happens.
Old 11-04-2009   #17
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last year was last year. It is meaningless to what happens on Sunday. The fact is this is a significantly better Colts team. And as Buddy Boy referenced - you are really stretching it to call some of those defensive players premium talent. Are they better? I am sure they are. But being better does not mean stopping the Colts and it does not come close to meaning a Houston win.

Sunday will not be a passing of the guard game regardless of the winner because the fact is the Colts will still have a healthy division lead. Save that passing of the guard stuff for when it actually happens.
So it sounds like you don't think the Texans have a chance and the colts will win pretty easily, is that accurate?
Old 11-04-2009   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Holy Cow!! I wonder if the Texans will even bother showing up then.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Also there is this per a fellow poster:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...68&postcount=1

#1 in 3 and outs
#1 against rush (last 5 games)
#4 in forced turnovers
#16 in yards per game(taking into account the first 3)

Sounds like we are a tad better.
Old 11-04-2009   #20
BY1401
14-2*

Rep Power: 12 BY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden cover

Cool. And the Colts don't have Ron Meeks anymore as their DC.

Should be a good game to watch.

-Jim Caldwell 12/23/2009
BY1401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read