Michael Turner

-----------------

Get:
Hines Ward
Ricky Williams

Give up:
Michael Turner

------------------

I am not sure what to think about these, Turner has been okay, he has a pretty favorable schedule coming up and he is my best back so I am tempted to just keep him, I really could use a WR like Ward though. Here's the rest of my team:

QB
A Rodgers
J Flacco

RB
J Lewis
M Turner
C Portis
J Charles

WR
D Jackson
L Evans
S Moss
P Harvin

TE
J Carlson
H Miller

K - L Tynes

D/ST - Jets

As you can see, not a very strong team, it's OK but that's about it based on how these guys have produced. I am just not particularly strong at RB or WR. Don't even remember how I got here, goo thing my other team is 6-2.

Hines Ward as been producing well but all of his others are just bye week replacements, I basically would be giving up my best RB for a good WR, both are producing decently but I am just too thin at RB, Ricky Williams/Lynch is just more of the same I already have like Portis. Not liking it too much at this point. Thoughts?

Well I drafted Portis in one of my leagues and he has stunk it up so far this season to say the least and J Lewis has recently said he was going to retire after the season and the browns are clearly not in the playoff hunt which tells me Lewis is playing for money at this point. Charles has potential but hasnt proved anything at this point. Its hard to say but I really think with the first trade you giving one superstar for three starters. I also have Turner in my league and your right he should play better in the second half of the season than he did in the first half.

Whats your record in this league if your towards the bottom of the standings you might should try one of the trades just to shake things up abit.

Well I drafted Portis in one of my leagues and he has stunk it up so far this season to say the least and J Lewis has recently said he was going to retire after the season and the browns are clearly not in the playoff hunt which tells me Lewis is playing for money at this point. Charles has potential but hasnt proved anything at this point. Its hard to say but I really think with the first trade you giving one superstar for three starters. I also have Turner in my league and your right he should play better in the second half of the season than he did in the first half.

Whats your record in this league if your towards the bottom of the standings you might should try one of the trades just to shake things up abit.

I am 4-3 about to fall to 4-4 unless Turner can score 37 points or more tonight. Which would be 3rd in my division. Not quite out of it yet but I need to go on a run to make the playoffs.

Damn that makes it alot tougher. I wont have time intil I get home but you could look at your other RB's and WR's remaining schedules as well as the players you would recieve. That might help you make a decision. But being at 4-4 and Turner probably having a better second half you might should just keep him.

Hines Ward as been producing well but all of his others are just bye week replacements, I basically would be giving up my best RB for a good WR, both are producing decently but I am just too thin at RB, Ricky Williams/Lynch is just more of the same I already have like Portis. Not liking it too much at this point. Thoughts?

I would do the Ricky WIlliams Hines Ward trade. Your WR core is very shaky and Hines could help you out there. Ricky Williams is one of the top backs in the league this year even as a back up. He is still producing and that team is built on running and they are great at it. Plus, if Brown gets hurt then Ricky will really be a beast. I think this deal is worth doing.

I'd think about doing this trade. Boldin has been playing injured and might increase Breaston's targets. Lynch might get better as the season progresses and Ricky should remain productive as long as he and Brown are running the wildcat crap. My .02

Get:
Breaston, Steve WR ARI
Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF
Williams, Ricky RB MIA

Give up:
Michael Turner

After looking at it more I think I would do either trade. Look at it this way. How many WR's start in your league.

QB
A Rodgers
J Flacco

RB
J Lewis
Ricky Williams - starter
M Lynch - starter
C Portis
J Charles - drop since LJ is only getting suspended and not cut

WR
D Jackson - starter
L Evans
S Moss
P Harvin - starter
S Breaston - starter

TE
J Carlson
H Miller

K - L Tynes

D/ST - Jets

A lot of it depends on how your league is structured. How many WR's do you start? Do they get points per reception? Do they get points for return yards or TD's?

If you do get points off returns then you have 2 studs at WR and I would recommend hanging on to Turner. If not, then you could use a guy like Ward, especially if it's a ppr league. Breaston has been pretty decent as well but I would take Ward over him if it was my choice to make.

Lynch is garbage and I wouldn't trade anything away for him. Williams has been pretty good and Miami has a good looking schedule coming up. On the other hand, Turner pretty much guarantees you a TD every week.

Personally I would stick with Turner unless you are absolutely desperate to get a WR.

A lot of it depends on how your league is structured. How many WR's do you start? Do they get points per reception? Do they get points for return yards or TD's?

If you do get points off returns then you have 2 studs at WR and I would recommend hanging on to Turner. If not, then you could use a guy like Ward, especially if it's a ppr league. Breaston has been pretty decent as well but I would take Ward over him if it was my choice to make.

Lynch is garbage and I wouldn't trade anything away for him. Williams has been pretty good and Miami has a good looking schedule coming up. On the other hand, Turner pretty much guarantees you a TD every week.

Personally I would stick with Turner unless you are absolutely desperate to get a WR.

It's not a PPR league, not return yards count. Have to start 2 RB's and 2 WR's, and one Flex position of either RB/WR.

The bolded was my first thought.

I'd say stick with Turner too. Course, I've got Matt Forte (and originally had LenDale as my 2nd back). I also dropped Mendenhall when Tomlin benched him and he proceeded to take over the starting role. So my track record probably isn't the greatest.

Here's there stats in my league:

Breaston:

Total F Points = 43

week to week

0-8-9-bye-6-13-2-5

--------------

Rick Williams: 90 pts

10-6-13-15-13-bye-27-6

--------------

M Lynch: 36 pts

0-0-0-4-11-7-10-4-bye this week.

----------------
Turner: 77 pts

16-14-9-bye-27-10-11-plays tonight

OR Turner for these guys:

Rick Williams: 90 pts

10-6-13-15-13-bye-27-6

----------------

H. Ward: 67 pts

8-5-8-11-14-21-0-bye

I will try to take a look at how their matchups look next, but that will have to be later tonight or tomorrow.

I'd say stick with Turner too. Course, I've got Matt Forte (and originally had LenDale as my 2nd back). I also dropped Mendenhall when Tomlin benched him and he proceeded to take over the starting role. So my track record probably isn't the greatest.

I had Lendale as well and cut him already.

Wow Ricky has some nice matchups coming his way:

9 11/08/09 1:00pm @NE
10 11/15/09 1:00pm TB
11 11/19/09 8:20pm @CAR
12 11/29/09 1:00pm @BUF
13 12/06/09 8:20pm NE
14 12/13/09 1:00pm @JAC
15 12/20/09 1:00pm @TEN
16 12/27/09 1:00pm HOU
17 01/03/10 1:00pm PIT

I am liking the bolded ones, and it's not like he won't get some points in the other games.

Last edited:
Turner just got you 150 and a TD last night. Why would you trade that kind of production?

IMO when people package multiple players for 1 player they are getting the better value. I almost traded away Ronnie Brown for 2-3 players but decided that me having to drop 2 players or so in the process wasnt worth it. I can only play so many players and want to have the biggest bang for my buck.

Turner just got you 150 and a TD last night. Why would you trade that kind of production?

IMO when people package multiple players for 1 player they are getting the better value. I almost traded away Ronnie Brown for 2-3 players but decided that me having to drop 2 players or so in the process wasnt worth it. I can only play so many players and want to have the biggest bang for my buck.

The reverse argument is true as well. At this point in the year, I start trading away my bench for a single starter. I target the teams with the worse records, as they seem to have 1 stud and 2 'eh' players starting. I'll trade them two starters that are decent for one stud. For instance, I just sent over a trade that was

Dwayne Bowe/Jonathan Stewart for Calvin Johnson.

I get an upgrade over Bowe, and she'll start Stewart instead of Kevin Faulk.

It is hard to get someone to get rid of one of their studs though. Even though I'm throwing way more points their way.

I did not make the trade, rejected it before the mnf game.

Back