Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2009   #1
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I want to see more JJ!

There's a notion that a receiver can take 3 years to develop in the NFL. JJ is a testament to that, as his collegiate background would indicate he needs to be coached up to the NFL level. All said, he's had some rough times, but I really am liking what I see on the field this season.

As a playmaker, he stands out to me above all other WR's on the team with exception to AJ. I don't recall seeing toting the ball in a screen yet, but I would think his open field talent would make that a very productive attribute as well.

I hope he continues to grow and develop into a real no.2 wr on the club.
Old 11-02-2009   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I want to see more JJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
There's a notion that a receiver can take 3 years to develop in the NFL. JJ is a testament to that, as his collegiate background would indicate he needs to be coached up to the NFL level. All said, he's had some rough times, but I really am liking what I see on the field this season.

As a playmaker, he stands out to me above all other WR's on the team with exception to AJ. I don't recall seeing toting the ball in a screen yet, but I would think his open field talent would make that a very productive attribute as well.

I hope he continues to grow and develop into a real no.2 wr on the club.
I definetly think we need to come up with some new stuff on offense that the Colts have not seen yet. A Wr screen to JJ would be pretty sweet. I would also like to see some sort of a fake WR screen go route to jacoby with a pump fake by schaub and everything. I was going to say a TE screen to Casey but thats obviously not going to happen any time soon. I would like to see moats and Slaton on the field at the same time also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #3
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd at least like JJ to get the KR duties.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #4
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
I would like to see moats and Slaton on the field at the same time also.
Hell yea im down for that...not a wild cat though...like moats in the back feild and slaton in the slot would be sick...i take back the wildcat part...lets give it a try
Old 11-02-2009   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
There's a notion that a receiver can take 3 years to develop in the NFL. JJ is a testament to that, as his collegiate background would indicate he needs to be coached up to the NFL level.
Yep. People are too quick to give up on a guy. Miles Austin was a guy I was high on coming out of college, where his only real knock was that he completely dominated everyone he faced, and just felt like he needed a few seasons of good coaching to put it together at the NFL level.

JJ has a lot of talent, and he's starting to put together the skills that will allow him to use it. Giving him the time he needs to develop is going to pay off big in the future.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read