Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2009   #1
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans A 9 Point 'Dawg??

Wow...I just locked in the Texans +9 points. Get it before it drops.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans A 9 Point 'Dawg??

Wow.... I bet 10% of the experts all over the internet ESPN sporting news SI etc will pick the Texans to win... And definitely the guys with Bronco ties (Schlereth, Tom Jackson)

This game is gonna be so hyped... I'm already getting excited
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
What I said earlier in the day.
Do not take that spread if you wants the Texans to win the game.
Stay far far far away!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #4
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Well....obviously the oddsmakers see something that makes them think the spread should be that high....I'm not sure it won't go up considering all the public money that will come in on the Colts...

I was trying to think what the line would be before it came out....I figured it would be 8+...seems about right...Peyton Manning..undefeated at home..that's tough to beat.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #5
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard a saying that was something like "If you think Vegas made an error on the spread, you may need to rethink about it."

Not trying to be a pessimist or anything, but I could definitely see Peyton Manning torching our secondary. (Pretty sure I'm not alone)
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #6
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I've heard a saying that was something like "If you think Vegas made an error on the spread, you may need to rethink about it."

Not trying to be a pessimist or anything, but I could definitely see Peyton Manning torching our secondary. (Pretty sure I'm not alone)
The line isnt a prediction on what they think will happen. its a prediction on what they think the betting public thinks will happen.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
The line isnt a prediction on what they think will happen. its a prediction on what they think the betting public thinks will happen.
ding ding ding!

or they want to influence how the betting public would think!
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2009   #8
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are we suprised with that spread?? Colts are 7-0, playing at home, have won 16 straight reg season games, have Peyton Manning on their team, have only lost to us once, and have a top Defense to go along with their offense.

I predict Houston wins 28-21
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Why are we suprised with that spread?? Colts are 7-0, playing at home, have won 16 straight reg season games, have Peyton Manning on their team, have only lost to us once, and have a top Defense to go along with their offense.

I predict Houston wins 28-21
A 9 - 9/1-2 pt spread means youre' a dog of a dog!
Nobody comes off a 31-10 win with a lot of positive media activity, considered to be a play-off contender; who has been playing the Colts tough with lesser personnel, get such a spread.

I can see it if the Colts had just won a game convincingly, but they did not!

But no, I'm not surprised at the spread.
They can put it wherever, whatever they want.
So, no... I'm not surprised at all.
Old 11-02-2009   #10
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans still have not proved themselves against the league's elite teams. Until they do, this is not an unfair spread. If Indianapolis was coming to Houston, they would be favored here as well, just by a bit less.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Being down a top tier TE and his backup probablt doesn't bode well for the Texans odds either.
Old 11-02-2009   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

The NFL Betting Odds to bet Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts are: +8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of +275 for the Houston Texans, while Indianapolis Colts betting odds are: -8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of-335 in BetUS betting lines.

The Houston Texans take on the Indianapolis Colts in what almost assuredly should be a blow-out. The Texans start Sage Rosenfels again at quarterback. He just isnít as good as Matt Schaub. Sports betting fans have to love how Rosenfels goes in there and then just gets absolutely pummeled by opposing defenses.
Old 11-02-2009   #13
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Compare this line to the Saints v Falcons.....

Saints are a ten point favorite at home over a Falcons team that probably gets a little more respect from the public than the Texans....The Colts and Saints are about the same in the public's eye. So...compared to that line I would say that 9 is just about right...if not a little low. Doesn't mean we can't go in there and kick their butt....just that I am not surprised at all by that line.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The NFL Betting Odds to bet Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts are: +8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of +275 for the Houston Texans, while Indianapolis Colts betting odds are: -8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of-335 in BetUS betting lines.

The Houston Texans take on the Indianapolis Colts in what almost assuredly should be a blow-out. The Texans start Sage Rosenfels again at quarterback. He just isnít as good as Matt Schaub. Sports betting fans have to love how Rosenfels goes in there and then just gets absolutely pummeled by opposing defenses.
I'm a gambling *****. I know the spread and O/U, but what do these other numbers mean? And a 9 pt. spread doesn't surprise me in the least.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #15
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
Compare this line to the Saints v Falcons.....

Saints are a ten point favorite at home over a Falcons team that probably gets a little more respect from the public than the Texans....The Colts and Saints are about the same in the public's eye. So...compared to that line I would say that 9 is just about right...if not a little low. Doesn't mean we can't go in there and kick their butt....just that I am not surprised at all by that line.
I sure do see the Falcons on national TV a lot more than the Texans this season.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=76Texan;1291156]The NFL Betting Odds to bet Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts are: +8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of +275 for the Houston Texans, while Indianapolis Colts betting odds are: -8(1/2) -110 in a moneyline of-335 in BetUS betting lines.

The Houston Texans take on the Indianapolis Colts in what almost assuredly should be a blow-out. The Texans start Sage Rosenfels again at quarterback. He just isnít as good as Matt Schaub. Sports betting fans have to love how Rosenfels goes in there and then just gets absolutely pummeled by opposing defenses.[/QUOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I sure do see the Falcons on national TV a lot more than the Texans this season.
With the year Ryan had after all the Vick saga and with a rookie HC, they're gonna get that. If we keep playing like we have been, we'll get our due. If we can go 3-1 over our next 4 games, we'll be in the limelight like the Oilers of yesterday. Houston will have earned national respect. Except for maybe Cris Collingsworth. SOB is a Houston hater.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I like our team.

But I'm putting my money on the Colts to cover the spread.

c'mon guys 4 game win streak??

2 in a row on the road??
Old 11-02-2009   #18
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like our team.

2 in a row on the road??
We're going to have to do it sometime dude.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #19
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

What year is this post from?
Old 11-02-2009   #20
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63030 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like our team.

2 in a row on the road??
We're currently in the midst of a 2 game win streak on the road already.

Cincy
Buffalo
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read