Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2009   #1
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 WhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Congrats!

Man, you guys just keep looking better and better. I don't know what you're going to be like on offense without Daniels, but I do know that you have to like how much the Texans D has improved since the beginning of the season. I'd be very proud if I were a Texans fan.

Good luck the rest of the way. Your schedule's not doing you many favors (outside of that St. Louis game), but I think you've got a shot at a decent season.
Old 11-02-2009   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
Man, you guys just keep looking better and better. I don't know what you're going to be like on offense without Daniels, but I do know that you have to like how much the Texans D has improved since the beginning of the season. I'd be very proud if I were a Texans fan.

Good luck the rest of the way. Your schedule's not doing you many favors (outside of that St. Louis game), but I think you've got a shot at a decent season.
Thanks!

Would you like to convert?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you!

As 76Texan asks, are you ready to change that name to WhoDeyTexans?
Old 11-02-2009   #4
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'd like to think of our team as an engine that has always included some very high-end parts, but no one could get the timing belt fixed.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'd like to think of our team as an engine that has always included some very high-end parts, but no one could get the timing belt fixed.

very mechanico take, so Bush is the timming belt?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
It's funny cause it's true.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Thank you!

I hope he does!
Sounds like a nice guy!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2009   #8
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 WhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Thanks!

Would you like to convert?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Thank you!

No thanks. I'm good here. I like my team's chances this year. With the way we're playing lately, we've got a good shot at making a lot of noise in the postseason.

Quote:
I can't say I disagree, at least from the offense's standpoint. On defense, you were still missing some parts. But with Cushing off to a great start and Okoye starting to make a difference, I think the D is looking a lot better. It's still not quite a Cadillac, but it's getting there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I hope he does!
Sounds like a nice guy!
As long as you're not a fan of the Steelers, Ravens or the team the Bengals are playing this week, I'm a pretty good dude.
Old 11-02-2009   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That is really cool of you to come back here and say that. I was married to a Dayton girl and have worked a lot in the Cinci area and y'all(that was for Florence)have always been pretty damned OK fans. Good luck in the AFC North.
Old 11-02-2009   #10
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That is really cool of you to come back here and say that. I was married to a Dayton girl and have worked a lot in the Cinci area and y'all(that was for Florence)have always been pretty damned OK fans. Good luck in the AFC North.
Ah, the ol' Florence water tower. Trust me, I drove past that thing every day when I was working in Ft. Mitchell. I still see it every time I drive back into town from Louisville. Sad that a water tower is what that place is best known for, but what are you going to do?

Our fans are a lot like yours: long-suffering, loyal and too often let down. Let's hope that changes for both our sakes this year! It looks good so far!
Old 11-02-2009   #11
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ah, the ol' Florence water tower. Trust me, I drove past that thing every day when I was working in Ft. Mitchell. I still see it every time I drive back into town from Louisville. Sad that a water tower is what that place is best knownd for, but what are you going to do?

Our fans are a lot like yours: long-suffering, loyal and too often let down. Let's hope that changes for both our sakes this year! It looks good so far!
Thank god we aren't in the AFC Central any more. I've mellowed quite a bit on the Bengals since the Boomer/Wyche days.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #12
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Thank god we aren't in the AFC Central any more. I've mellowed quite a bit on the Bengals since the Boomer/Wyche days.
I still hate the Titans.

Seriously... man. That was an ugly rivalry for a long time. I remember hating everything about those Oilers. Jerry Glanville still makes me cringe.
Old 11-02-2009   #13
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still hate the Titans.

Seriously... man. That was an ugly rivalry for a long time. I remember hating everything about those Oilers. Jerry Glanville still makes me cringe.
Glanville still makes me cringe too.
Old 11-02-2009   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Ickey shuffle was no match for the electric slide

LOL

seriously .. thanks for the positive rep Whodey !
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks man, good luck to your team as well.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still hate the Titans.

I still remember 63-7 like it happened yesterday. Boomer and the boys whipped our asses. I hated Wyche after that game for running up the score.
I must say that I really like the Reds ballpark. I was there for its 2nd game. Cold as hell in April. Every ballpark north of the Mason-Dixon should be retractable roof. You just can't play baseball with windchills in the 20's-30's.
Old 11-02-2009   #17
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I still remember 63-7 like it happened yesterday. Boomer and the boys whipped our asses. I hated Wyche after that game for running up the score.
I must say that I really like the Reds ballpark. I was there for its 2nd game. Cold as hell in April. Every ballpark north of the Mason-Dixon should be retractable roof. You just can't play baseball with windchills in the 20's-30's.
It's a pretty nice park, but I wish it wasn't the launching pad it's turned out to be. But given that it's the only ballpark I've ever watched a game at, I guess I have to accept it.

What's up with that crazy field in Houston? A hill and a flagpole (and correct me if I'm wrong on that one) in the outfield? I've asked one of my former coworkers (a big Astros fan and willing to shell out the bucks to travel to watch his team), and he can't really explain it.
Old 11-02-2009   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

grr reds ... I hated the "nasty boys" Dibble,Charlton and Myers
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #19
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's a pretty nice park, but I wish it wasn't the launching pad it's turned out to be. But given that it's the only ballpark I've ever watched a game at, I guess I have to accept it.

What's up with that crazy field in Houston? A hill and a flagpole (and correct me if I'm wrong on that one) in the outfield? I've asked one of my former coworkers (a big Astros fan and willing to shell out the bucks to travel to watch his team), and he can't really explain it.
You may like that the hill and flagpole harken back to Cincinnati's old Crosley Field. Tal Smith began his career with the Reds.
Old 11-02-2009   #20
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You know, I think that flagpole has Cincy roots, if I'm not mistaken. I believe there used to be one in an old ballpark out that way, and that was the inspiration behind it. I'd have to do some research to be sure.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read