Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-02-2009   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Straight up disrespect...

Apparently the Houston Texans are an afterthought to the national sports media. Many sports casters act as if any team playing the Texans is garaunteed a win and as if each Texan victory is either a fluke or proof that the other team simply wasn't doing their job. Andre Johnson gets his due, but the rest of the men on the team receive little regard. The Texans have their best record in franchise history, but the national media is treating them like a bastard step son at a family reunion. When will the Texans get some respect?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Straight up disrespect...

Probably once we have a winning season or make the playoffs.

If the Browns were 5-3 this year, no one would care either.

We were the sleeper pick for the playoffs by many in the media, thats plenty of attention for me
Old 11-02-2009   #3
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Apparently the Houston Texans are an afterthought to the national sports media. Many sports casters act as if any team playing the Texans is garaunteed a win and as if each Texan victory is either a fluke or proof that the other team simply wasn't doing their job. Andre Johnson gets his due, but the rest of the men on the team receive little regard. The Texans have their best record in franchise history, but the national media is treating them like a bastard step son at a family reunion. When will the Texans get some respect?
Who cares? I would rather no one know about us and take us for granted. Makes the wins that much easier.

Respect is earned...and up until now, we haven't earned it. Don't worry, we will get our respect.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #4
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't expect the respect after beating the Bills. Don't be fooled by their 3-5 record. They are terrible, and their coach has NO business being in the NFL. This sums Juaron up to me. Yesterday, it's 24-10 with 8 minutes left. On first down, they run a 3 yard off tackle run, then a draw play for 4 yards, neither in a no-huddle. Yeah, he sure coaches players on a sense of urgency and a desire to win the game.

Beat the Colts on Sunday and believe me, the bandwagon will officially form.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dread, you should be way use to it by now. Lest I remind you of the Rockets and SI. Do I need to mention that OJ's slow speed chase was more important than the Rockets Finals game?
Old 11-02-2009   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't bother me much either... It doesn't effect the way I live and teams I root for. The writers, or tv personalities can say whatever they want, why would it bother me that they disrespect our teams.. Now if it was a family member, yeah, but local teams... they can have their thoughts !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dread, you should be way use to it by now. Lest I remind you of the Rockets and SI. Do I need to mention that OJ's slow speed chase was more important than the Rockets Finals game?

The Rockets had to win a second consecutive title to tell S.I. and the national to shut the vugg up. I recall.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2009   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've actually seen them get some positive coverage

But for a network to be gaga about the Texans it will have to be about beating a top team and making a run towards the playoffs. The 49ers and Bills don't excite anyone. To people here they are good wins because all wins are good. To the national media they are games they should win or games that don't have an excitement factor. The Colts game should change that.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 11-02-2009 at 10:50 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
NBC Football Night in America really ticked me off yesterday. They showed every play the Bills made (like 4 or 5 plays) and then just showed one play the Texans made (the first Moats TD). You would have thought the Bills won the game. All they talked about was the Bills and they didn't even show the Cushing interception or the Jacoby return which were the 2 best plays of the game.

I can't stand the east coast bias and when it extends to crap cities like Buffalo, it really sets me off.
Old 11-02-2009   #10
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Probably once we have a winning season or make the playoffs.

If the Browns were 5-3 this year, no one would care either.

We were the sleeper pick for the playoffs by many in the media, thats plenty of attention for me
The bolded part, pure and simple. Until we do, there's no point in complaining about it.
Old 11-02-2009   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Don't expect the respect after beating the Bills. Don't be fooled by their 3-5 record. They are terrible, and their coach has NO business being in the NFL. This sums Juaron up to me. Yesterday, it's 24-10 with 8 minutes left. On first down, they run a 3 yard off tackle run, then a draw play for 4 yards, neither in a no-huddle. Yeah, he sure coaches players on a sense of urgency and a desire to win the game.

Beat the Colts on Sunday and believe me, the bandwagon will officially form.
yeah, the playcalling was pathetic by Jauron and his staff. way too conservative even with a Harvard QB
Old 11-02-2009   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe it's because they have fans of a 5-3 team with one win over a winning opponent who think they deserve a ton of respect?

i'm kidding, but come on, what respect do you deserve, really? besides, the media picked Houston as the annual Underdog Darlings To Make the Playoffs this preseason. there's 32 teams in the NFL, it's tough to spread the love evenly, especially when you have Favre-mania going on the same weekend.

if you beat the Colts, you'll be 6-3 and and have taken down a 7-0 team on the road. THEN you'll start getting talk as "one of the best teams in the NFL." but a win over the Bills never inspires much hype or press.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I can't stand the east coast bias and when it extends to crap cities like Buffalo, it really sets me off.
oh yeah, NBC has a HUGE bias for Buffalo. wtf?
Old 11-02-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NBC Football Night in America really ticked me off yesterday. They showed every play the Bills made (like 4 or 5 plays) and then just showed one play the Texans made (the first Moats TD). You would have thought the Bills won the game. All they talked about was the Bills and they didn't even show the Cushing interception or the Jacoby return which were the 2 best plays of the game.

Dude, wtf are you watching that show for? Especially when there wasn't even a game afterwards. That show puts the uck in suck.
Old 11-02-2009   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, they did it with the Saints game two years ago. We killed them, they showed their highlights, and then the score. Remember when the Rockets blew out the Trail Blazers yast year. They showed all their shots, like 10 of them, then said "The Rockets win by 20"
Old 11-02-2009   #16
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

If you listen to Sirius NFL Radio, which is the best channel on radio bar none, they give the Texans ton of respect. Randy Cross, Pat Kirwin are always giving the Texans their Due. But then again, for the most part, they have intelligent hosts and callers on the channel.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
oh yeah, NBC has a HUGE bias for Buffalo. wtf?
I think it's obvious as to what he was eluding to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dude, wtf are you watching that show for? Especially when there wasn't even a game afterwards. That show puts the uck in suck.
SH......... This ^^^! Don't watch that garbage. Watch NFLN.
Old 11-02-2009   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SH......... This ^^^! Don't watch that garbage. Watch NFLN.
Heck, I think I'd rather watch Dancing with the Stars...........eh, you get my point.
Old 11-02-2009   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think it's obvious as to what he was eluding to.
yes, when he says the "east coast bias" is extended to Buffalo, he's saying they have a bias for Buffalo. or against Houston for whatever reason.

networks care about money. they don't care about sectioning off large markets for a silly bias reason. i don't know what plays were and weren't shown, but the Bills/Texans is not a marquee game by any means, so they're not going to really break the game down, so i'm guessing they showed the Byrd interceptions and the Terrell Owens touchdown, both bigger "stories" to a national audience than Ryan Moats.

there's plenty of reason to criticize that awful show, but they're not "biased" against Houston.
Old 11-02-2009   #20
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
if you beat the Colts, you'll be 6-3 and and have taken down a 7-0 team on the road. THEN you'll start getting talk as "one of the best teams in the NFL." but a win over the Bills never inspires much hype or press.
No. We probably will only hear how poorly the Colts played and that they lost the game. Just like after we beat the Bengals. Not how we played to win but how badly they played to lose.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read