Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2009   #1
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Can we win against the Colts?

We looked great out there today, well at least we did in the 2nd half. But we went against buffalo and colts surely aren't the same team as buffalo. With Peyton Manning as their QB it's going to be a tough time for our defense. What do you think we can do to win this? And a win here could technically announce a play off spot for Texans. And maybe turn this "corner" we've been trying to turn for years.
Old 11-01-2009   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can we win against the Colts?

we can, but the defense is gonna have to get turnovers and the offense is gonna have to be turnover free...cant give manning extra possesions.

I gotta say though, last week against SF, i got a extremely nervous watching Davis eat our lb core alive in the passing game. I was imagining what Dallas Clark and manning might do to us...yuck!

Last edited by Mr teX; 11-01-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #3
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

last week: we will win

this week: we can, but I gotta say my confidence has significantly dropped w/o OD
Old 11-01-2009   #4
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we have to beat the Colts. This is year 8, it's time to beat Indy in their house. I know it's not going to be easy, but I believe we can do it. How are we going to do it? I really don't care how. Just do it.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

If they decide to bring their A game for 60 minutes, yes.

Trivia here - last year the Colts gave up 27 or more points 3 times and 2 were to the Texans. Both those games were lost by less than a TD. They shouldn't be close to a favorite but yes they can win.
Old 11-01-2009   #6
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
but I gotta say my confidence has significantly dropped w/o OD
Yea, hopefully Casey can step up quick. IIRC, Daniels has been huge against Indy's Cover 2 defense.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

We need Mario and Amobi to show up big and pressure Fetus Face. Other than that they just have to play good football and win the turnover battle.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2009   #8
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

We have to win the turnover battle, dominate on special teams, and hope we get some calls...

We can beat Indy at home, but on the road, we are at a definite disadvantage.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #9
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

OD will definately be missed, but thank goodness we have some depth at TE. The Texans have the talent and confidence to win this game. They need to take this like any other game and not look back the past win/loss record against the Colts.

This ain't your Daddy's Texans, these boys can bring when they choose!!!
Old 11-01-2009   #10
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
OD will definately be missed, but thank goodness we have some depth at TE. The Texans have the talent and confidence to win this game. They need to take this like any other game and not look back the past win/loss record against the Colts.

This ain't your Daddy's Texans, these boys can bring when they choose!!!
we can, but i wouldn't take even odds for sure.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #11
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9714 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I like that the 49ers held them to 18 points today, that gives me hope for a win for some reason. It will come down to our and if we can somehow get our running game clicking against them. Sure would be cool to see Moats have another day like today! Heck, maybe both him and Slaton have a day like he had today.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

What has hurt us in the past vs. Colts is that they picked the right offensive plays at all the right times.

When we played pass, they ran the ball down our throats.

When we played run, they passed it and ran circles around us with every conceivable WR, TE, and RB (on screen plays).

The game we were owning them in...we ended up blowing it royally.

I think we win.

I think there's going to be some motivation by our guys from a lot of different angles: Last year's blown game, Owen's injury, the lack of playing well at home thus far this season, guys on offense knowing they have to raise their game, etc.
Old 11-01-2009   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What has hurt us in the past vs. Colts is that they picked the right offensive plays at all the right times.

When we played pass, they ran the ball down our throats.

When we played run, they passed it and ran circles around us with every conceivable WR, TE, and RB (on screen plays).

The game we were owning them in...we ended up blowing it royally.

I think we win.

I think there's going to be some motivation by our guys from a lot of different angles: Last year's blown game, Owen's injury, the lack of playing well at home thus far this season, guys on offense knowing they have to raise their game, etc.
though this is clearly our best football team, I don't think we match up well against Indy right now. Our Run game is suspect. And, our defense isn't exactly complex right now. I don't think they are at a point where they can be disciplined and be disguise coverage at the same time. Combine that with the home advantage and I'd say it's a steep uphill battle.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Can WE win? Hmmm. If I stop giving receivers a cushion in the middle, Joe Texan sticks to his coaching strategy, Bill gets healthy in time and Vinnie manages to get more yards per catch on screens...we might IF we're lucky...not get slaughtered.

Can THE Texans beat em? Bring on Manning. I want to see some Colts on their backs.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #15
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes we can win. Kris Brown will kick a 75 yard field goal to bring us great glory!
Old 11-01-2009   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

It's really very simple for me. I don't care how good our offense is, we will not outscore Manning if we don't get in his face, and I don't see that happening.

Not without blitzing at least two people, and we'll get torched if they don't get a clear path.

And it was unfortunate for us that the Colts lost today. They will not want to lose two in a row.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Can WE win? Hmmm. If I stop giving receivers a cushion in the middle, Joe Texan sticks to his coaching strategy, Bill gets healthy in time and Vinnie manages to get more yards per catch on screens...we might IF we're lucky...not get slaughtered.

Can THE Texans beat em? Bring on Manning. I want to see some Colts on their backs.
Hey, I've been doing decent over here... I got us 3 in a row, remember?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #18
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
fortunate for us that the Colts lost today. They will not want to lose two in a row.
They won.
Old 11-01-2009   #19
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It's really very simple for me. I don't care how good our offense is, we will not outscore Manning if we don't get in his face, and I don't see that happening.

Not without blitzing at least two people, and we'll get torched if they don't get a clear path.

And it was unfortunate for us that the Colts lost today. They will not want to lose two in a row.
Uhh..The Colts won today. It wasn't pretty but they did win.
Old 11-01-2009   #20
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Hey, I've been doing decent over here... I got us 3 in a row, remember?
Yeah, but they're probably scrutinizing your game film as we speak. You have a tendency to sidewind to your left. They're just going to shore it up and either you're going to lose yards on each carry in short yardage situations OR they're going to turn you into a glorified blocking back. I say you sit this one out and let Slaton and Moates handle this one.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read