Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2009   #1
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 175 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Few quick things about today's game

Pollard: Love the dude's hard hitting play and attitude but if he keeps going head-first into everyone he's going to have a major neck injury or worse be paralyzed.

Moats: I hope Slaton watched carefully b/c Moats runs with a sense of urgency which Slaton hasn't shown this year. Slaton has bigger play ability but if he doesn't start running more authoritatively then he'll just keep losing his job. The fumble problem goes without saying...

Cushing: If he keeps this up, ROY easily. I heard one of the announcers say that he is the only defensive player in the NFL with stats in every defensive category.
Awesome.

Mario: I've watched him more over the last few games and he keeps running himself out of plays. I swear he is also the king of "almost" sacks.
Is his injury holding him back that much this year? I'm not sure what it is.
The pass rush overall has been better than average so i won't complain too much.

blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Few quick things about today's game

I thought about ROY for Cushing but Byrd has what 8 INT's this year? That will be a tough act to follow but Cushing does have 2 INT's and 1.5 sacks so far (along with 35 solo and 30 assisted tackles)

it should be a good race for DROY

Offensive rooking of the year .

off the top of my head
. that Percy guy in Minnesota is dynamite
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The snaps on FGs and XPs scares the heck out of me.

Has been all year.

Brown is having to trust (even more than usual) that the ball will be there in time, and I be darned if it barely is most of the time.

Antonio Smith showed up big today. Cushing knows where to go when he blitzes, and he knows where to shoot in for the tackle on a RB. He's unreal.

Pollard hits like a sledgehammer. Dunta's run tackling is very consistent.

Glover Quin stayed step-for-step with T.O. and used good form when covering T.O. on a deep route that was overthrown. Not sure it would have been as pretty if the ball had been better thrown, but oh well. The secondary had very few scares today.

The Bills looked impotent in the 2nd half in all they tried to do. Going for it on 4th down was very unwise by the Bills. I can't believe we read it and shut it down. That's a first, isn't it?
Old 11-01-2009   #4
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I thought about ROY for Cushing but Byrd has what 8 INT's this year? That will be a tough act to follow but Cushing does have 2 INT's and 1.5 sacks so far (along with 35 solo and 30 assisted tackles)

it should be a good race for DROY

Offensive rooking of the year .

off the top of my head
That is pretty impressive for INT's, but how is he playing the Safety position overall?
Old 11-01-2009   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
off the top of my head
He does look good, but a WR on pace for 720 yds on the season isn't going to get ROY without upping the pace substantially.
Old 11-01-2009   #6
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He does look good, but a WR on pace for 720 yds on the season isn't going to get ROY without upping the pace substantially.
You have to take into account his contributions on special teams. There may be nobody more dangerous on returns than him except Hester and Jacoby.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read