Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2009   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default 6-2 The Texans Must Finish

This is what I have come up with in order for Houston to have a legit playoff shot come the end of the season. AJ and Matt have to continue to play well as everyone knows and that means mistake free football or close to it. The D has been getting better each and every week now they just have to be as consistant as they were and I think that continues I hope so. We saw today at the very least Moats and Slaton should be spliting playing time I think that happens and Gary probably have sat him a couple of games ago but hopefully he got the message because he is a playmaker when he is out there on the field. Indy fans are going to be loud next Sunday and the Texans must foreget about that and just play their game hopefully with OD but if not, then find a way to win with who you have playing like the great teams do. I think this team as a whole is starting to respond to Gary as the HC and starting to make everyone saying that Gary is the right man for the job I'll give it a couple of more games and if things go as they should I'll really start trusting that he is. The Texans are doing something they haven ever done before winning often on the road and that caused them for the first time in franchise history to have a 5-3 record at the half way mark of the season and also, it is what great teams do in order to take the next step in becoming a playoff caliber team. GO TEXANS
Old 11-01-2009   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6-2 The Texans Must Finish

Scrach the OD part he is done for the season oh well, time for our depth to pick up the slack.
Old 11-01-2009   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Dreesen can step in and do just fine. He's a similar player to Daniels, maybe not with as much talent, but I don't think the loss of OD is the loss of our season by any means. Maybe we can see what Casey and Joppru *cough* i mean Anthony Hill do.
Old 11-01-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

I never said they won't step up I just said they have to no one has any other thoughts it was a well thought out post. LOL.
Old 11-01-2009   #5
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you are dead right Gary. The Texans have to be 11-5 to make the playoffs IMO. And if we look the same in the second half of our season as we did the first half, we won't make it. They have to get better if they want to be taken seriously as a contender. I definitely think consistency is the key. We have been very fortunate in that we won two games in a row despite incomplete performances. I have a feeling that if we play the same half of a game against Indy they will crush us.

Good post man.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #6
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

10 and 6 almost always gets you into the playoff's. last year was a fluke.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think you are dead right Gary. The Texans have to be 11-5 to make the playoffs IMO. And if we look the same in the second half of our season as we did the first half, we won't make it. They have to get better if they want to be taken seriously as a contender. I definitely think consistency is the key. We have been very fortunate in that we won two games in a row despite incomplete performances. I have a feeling that if we play the same half of a game against Indy they will crush us.

Good post man.
If they play as hungry as Moats ran the football today then they'll have a shot but if they have a half like like they had in the first half of today's game they will be back to loosing and none of us want that. GO TEXANS
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2009   #8
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

If The Texans play 60 min, every game they will be hard to beat. I am looking at you Indy!
Old 11-01-2009   #9
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Dreesen can step in and do just fine. He's a similar player to Daniels, maybe not with as much talent, but I don't think the loss of OD is the loss of our season by any means. Maybe we can see what Casey and Joppru *cough* i mean Anthony Hill do.
Owen is much quicker and faster than Dressen. Casey will be in interesting fill in however.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Having good depth at TE is one reason I'm not worried about loossing OD things must go on as always. GO CASEY
Old 11-01-2009   #11
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6 until proven otherwise I am afraid..6 and 2 means that they can only loose to the colts(once) and patriots every thing else hase to be a win. I am not saying they cant do it but....aww forget it heck yeah they can do it.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #12
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree with the notion that we have to go 6-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.

We have to go into every game with our best and come out with a win and if we don't then each week it will come down to where we are in the standings in comparison to the other teams in the WC race.

If we lose a game and a team behind us does not capitalize, then nothing really will have changed. The good thing is that we now control our own destiny(thanks Miami) and if other teams losing can help us out then that's good too.

Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have seen variations of this post (thread in this case) over the last month. The texans hae to play ____ in order to make the playoffs. Here is a news flash, playoff teams go 6-2 or 5-3 over the second half of the season. That's why they are playoff teams. By definition, 3or 4 games winning streaks are supposed to happen as is winning 5/6 game out of 8 games.
Old 11-01-2009   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary many a play off quality team has fallen apart late in the season and need I remind you, simply having a playoff worthy record http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHaGO...eature=related

has been denied a spot. Just ask Bill Belicheat. The Pats had a great season last year and didn't even get a wild card slot.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 6-2 The Texans Must Finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
10-6 until proven otherwise I am afraid..6 and 2 means that they can only loose to the colts(once) and patriots every thing else hase to be a win. I am not saying they cant do it but....aww forget it heck yeah they can do it.
I think Colts twice, and the Pats will be sitting their starters. SO, we get one other loss (IMHO 10-6 gets in).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #16
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be happy 10-6 and not in the playoffs... that is a big step for the franchise. Playoffs would be nice, but at this time for me, lets see a strong finish and a winning record...Playoffs will be here soon, I just want a winning record first..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post

Good post man.
10-6 should do it this year. Last year was freakin weird.
Old 11-02-2009   #18
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that houston will be fine with the back ups at TE. I think that houston is turning the corner and I think that we end up at 11-5 at the end of the season.
Old 11-02-2009   #19
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

There are 2 playoff options...

1- win the division.
2- win the wild card

At this point in the season, it's hard to speculate the wild card, so simply put, this week's game at Indy is a must for option 1. A loss to Indy makes the chase nothing but a wild card hope. A win, and we still have two options still on the table.

Big Implications this weekend. I know this team can play with Indy.. they just need to get over that hump. Seems like Indy is our kryptonite.

I didn't watch the SF/IND game, but it seems like PM was pressured in the first half, then not in the 2nd.. seems like we have to keep pressure on that joker for a full game and avoid any "prevent" type let up.

Offensively we will be ok. Defensively, it's the same/same as always.. pressure PM. It's the only proven way to win against them.
Old 11-07-2009   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

10-6 might be good enough to get in but 11-5 would almost surely earn a playoff spot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read