Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-10-2009   #41
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
If this were to happen I'd be giddy

HowEver- after finally getting a chance to see Toby pound the rock & beat a top 10 team almost singlehandedly, at least in my mind he has moved himself up into the first round. With the Texans issues @ RB even I have to finally admit this has to be addressed early. I would take similar pathway as the Cushing pick last draft, just that this time its on the offensive side & no I don't want to bring in Larry Johnson (who may or may not save you a top pick).

Toby is a playmaking stud powerback without fumbling issues, is an excellent blocker, high charcter & excellent teammate. Above all he is a football player just like Cushing & nobody is bashing that pick anymore
You are preaching to the choir. I was the first one to pimp out Gerhart on these boards, and I would have no problem taking him in the first. I could redo my mock if you think that would be more accurate. However, I think he could drop, because he wont run below a 4.5 at the combine.

Let me re-iterate;
Toby Gerhart is my favorite back in the draft, and the player I want the Texans select.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Another week has passed. Even with the loss, I think the Texans are a playoff team and will be picking around 22. I would be giddy at a trade up for Suh or Berry, but that wont happen. A trade down is my next favorite option, but since predicting trades can be so convoluted, I am having no trades in this.

1) OG Mike Iupati, Idaho, 6'5" 330

2) RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford, 6'1" 240

3) OC J.D. Walton, Baylor, 6'3" 305

4) DT Jay Ross, East Carolina, 6'3" 314

5) OT Ed Wand, Virginia Tech, 6'5" 309

6) S Kyle McCarty, Notre Dame, 6' 210

6) DE Austen Lane, Murray State, 6'6" 258

7) Duke ILB Vincent Rey, 6' 245
If this draft were to happen I would be thrilled.

My mock at this point in the season looks like this.

Rd1 Iupati G-Idaho part of solving the sort yardage problems.
Rd2 Gerhart RB- Stanford Everydown RB,another part of solving problems in the run game. Smart
Rd3 Brandon Ghee-CB-WF Big physical CB,play fell off SR year or he wouldn't be availabe. Smart
Rd3 J.D.Walton C- Baylor Big tough guy, max effort, looked better than no.2 pick Jason Smith at times last year. Helps with short yardage problems, Smart
Rd4 Justin Woodall S-Ala. Big tough FS-SS leader of secondary on the great Ala. defense. Smart
Rd5 Dan Williams DT-Tenn Run stopping DT, SEC battle tested, Team leader
Rd5. Jeff Byars C-G-USC 4 yr starter,undersized,was made to play in ZBS,team leader
Rd6 Walter Thurmond CB Ore- Playmaking CB tore ACL may have to be put on IR for rookie year but if Thurmond gets healthy he would be a steal in Rd6.
Rd7 Zoltan Mesko P Mich Younger,stronger leg,cheaper than Turk

I think these are the type of players that Smithiak will look at in the draft. At least these are the kind of players they drafted this year. Tough,smart,team leaders

Let the critiques begin

Last edited by steelbtexan; 11-10-2009 at 04:28 PM.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are preaching to the choir. I was the first one to pimp out Gerhart on these boards, and I would have no problem taking him in the first. I could redo my mock if you think that would be more accurate. However, I think he could drop, because he wont run below a 4.5 at the combine.
Let me re-iterate;
Toby Gerhart is my favorite back in the draft, and the player I want the Texans select.
This is what I am hoping. There were several backs rated highly last season that fell. One Rashad Jennings I had rated as high as 3rd if I recall and I kept yelling when he kept dropping and Texans would pick someone else.
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...erpage/1251717
Old 11-10-2009   #44
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Another week has passed. Even with the loss, I think the Texans are a playoff team and will be picking around 22. I would be giddy at a trade up for Suh or Berry, but that wont happen. A trade down is my next favorite option, but since predicting trades can be so convoluted, I am having no trades in this.

Great mock, here's my critique

Rd1 Iupata Like the pick alot
Rd2 Gerhart Love this pick
Rd3 Walton Good pick Adds toughness that the Texans interior OL is currently lacking
Rd4 Ross Dont know much about him but adding a big DT cant be a bad thing.
Rd5 Wang Like the pick big athletic OT former TE from Va.Tech reminds me of D.Brown
Rd6 McCarty Great pick Heady playmaker
Rd6 Lane Good value Small school guy,Has alot of ability
Rd7 Rey Dont know anything about this guy. I would take the best P on the board. It's time to replace Turk.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #45
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
This is what I am hoping. There were several backs rated highly last season that fell. One Rashad Jennings I had rated as high as 3rd if I recall and I kept yelling when he kept dropping and Texans would pick someone else.
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...erpage/1251717
Yep, I remember Jennings. He dropped far though, that could not be solely because of his speed. Another player that dropped was The Iowa back, Green? Power back, but slower than NFL teams like.
Old 11-11-2009   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, I remember Jennings. He dropped far though, that could not be solely because of his speed. Another player that dropped was The Iowa back, Green? Power back, but slower than NFL teams like.
Shonn Green also was noted for small hands. I liked him but more as a power back. I think Green held out also but not certain.
Old 11-11-2009   #47
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Some constructive criticism, not meant as bashing.

1. Iupati, I think he's the wrong type of O-lineman for the Texans, he's a big power blocker who I think will probably go in the mid to late 2nd round. I don't think he fits what Kubiak and Gibbs are looking for in an OG.
2. Gerhart, regardless of what the so called mock pros think, I think that his lack of speed and more importantly lack of quickness and agility will hurt him on draft day. What works in college doesn't always transition well to the NFL where speed and quickness are everything. I think he'll fall to the 4th round or later.
3. Walton, I don't know anything about him but I like your way of thinking, we definately need O-line help and Myers needs to be replaced by someone bigger.
4. Ross, I don't know anything about this guy either, has good size though. I personally think we should pick a DT in FA not in the draft.
5. Wang, good pick as depth at OT is a need.
6. McCarty, I don't know anything about this guy either but I like Safeties and LB's in the late rounds as they are the guys that are going to be playing special teams and they have speed and tackling ability.
6. Lane, I don't see DE as a need what's he going to do that Smith, Barwin, Nading, or Bulman can't do.
7. Rey, again don't know anything about him but we've got tons of talent and depth at LB. If we're going to take a guy for depth I'd rather do it at a position of need like Safety or O-line, our 2 biggest needs, where a depth guy stands a chance of making the team and an extra body helps.

Overall this draft is EHHHHH. Not addressing the secondary early is a problem.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 11-11-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2009   #48
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Some constructive criticism, not meant as bashing.

1. Iupati, I think he's the wrong type of O-lineman for the Texans, he's a big power blocker who I think will probably go in the mid to late 2nd round. I don't think he fits what Kubiak and Gibbs are looking for in an OG.
2. Gerhart, regardless of what the so called mock pros think, I think that his lack of speed and more importantly lack of quickness and agility will hurt him on draft day. What works in college doesn't always transition well to the NFL where speed and quickness are everything. I think he'll fall to the 4th round or later.
3. Walton, I don't know anything about him but I like your way of thinking, we definately need O-line help and Myers needs to be replaced by someone bigger.
4. Ross, I don't know anything about this guy either, has good size though. I personally think we should pick a DT in FA not in the draft.
5. Wang, good pick as depth at OT is a need.
6. McCarty, I don't know anything about this guy either but I like Safeties and LB's in the late rounds as they are the guys that are going to be playing special teams and they have speed and tackling ability.
6. Lane, I don't see DE as a need what's he going to do that Smith, Barwin, Nading, or Bulman can't do.
7. Rey, again don't know anything about him but we've got tons of talent and depth at LB. If we're going to take a guy for depth I'd rather do it at a position of need like Safety or O-line, our 2 biggest needs, where a depth guy stands a chance of making the team and an extra body helps.

Overall this draft is EHHHHH. Not addressing the secondary early is a problem.
No worries, I am a big boy, I dont have a problem with criticism.

1) Iupati is shooting up the draft boards. He is big, athletic, smart, and has all the tools to be a successful pro. And about the blocking sceme: You are right. As of now, the Texans run a ZBS. I dont see it lasting. The run game is still abysmal.

2) Fourth round, are you ****ing kidding me!? You are the only one I have seen projecting him below the third. It is not like he will run a 4.8 or anything. Moreno ran a 4.68 at the combine. Emmit ran a 4.6 or 4.7. Speed is not everything in the league. Bush would be a Hall of Famer if it was. No, this is the one criticism where I think you are completely off base. Read this article: http://www.stanforddaily.com/cgi-bin/?p=1035761

3) No disagreements

4) I do have the Texans picking up someone in FA. However, we should still be grooming a big body for the future.

5) No disagreements

6) No disagreements

6) I was just looking for value here. I subscribe to the belief that the top rounds are for starters, or players who will start in the near future. The middle rounds are for depth, and the late rounds are project players with high upside. Lane is just raw. Physically gifted, just raw.

7) I can see the punter here.
Old 11-11-2009   #49
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this is appropriately called the HALF-SEASON TEXANS MOCK/WISHLIST so half-way through the College & NFL seasons we have some idea who looks like a Sunday prospect, what that Sunday team needs & how well they fit in both scheme/as teammates.

work ethic, character, athletic ability & football production all come into play. primary need is RB, weakside LB, interior OL/Center, DT, CB, FS. based off what we know so far, rmartin65 with exception of CB really fills those major areas of concern quite nicely. I'm thinking he believes the Texans will come to terms with Dunta Robinson which I agree & think it would be a sad day if he walked.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #50
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this is appropriately called the HALF-SEASON TEXANS MOCK/WISHLIST so half-way through the College & NFL seasons we have some idea who looks like a Sunday prospect, what that Sunday team needs & how well they fit in both scheme/as teammates.

work ethic, character, athletic ability & football production all come into play. primary need is RB, weakside LB, interior OL/Center, DT, CB, FS. based off what we know so far, rmartin65 with exception of CB really fills those major areas of concern quite nicely. I'm thinking he believes the Texans will come to terms with Dunta Robinson which I agree & think it would be a sad day if he walked.

I guess this is a topic for a different thread but do the Texans really want Dunta back next year? If this seasons production vs. payroll is any indicator of future production then I question if Dunta will be back next year. Dunta's production is worse than Glover Quin. I'm not totally sold on Glover Quin and though he shows promise he's no #1 CB and Bennett showed promise as well a couple years ago. So do we re-sign Dunta and accept mediocre production, try to sign a better FA that will most likely cost even more than Dunta, or take the chance at getting Haden in the draft ,which is no guarantee, and then wait for him to develope. Also Dunta staying or leaving really affect our draft priorities. If he stays we can concentrate on FS and OG/C and if he leaves then it makes filling the #1 CB spot top priority.
Old 11-12-2009   #51
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess this is a topic for a different thread but do the Texans really want Dunta back next year? If this seasons production vs. payroll is any indicator of future production then I question if Dunta will be back next year. Dunta's production is worse than Glover Quin. I'm not totally sold on Glover Quin and though he shows promise he's no #1 CB and Bennett showed promise as well a couple years ago. So do we re-sign Dunta and accept mediocre production, try to sign a better FA that will most likely cost even more than Dunta, or take the chance at getting Haden in the draft ,which is no guarantee, and then wait for him to develope. Also Dunta staying or leaving really affect our draft priorities. If he stays we can concentrate on FS and OG/C and if he leaves then it makes filling the #1 CB spot top priority.
Completely understand where you are coming from. We could not resign Dunta and draft a 1st or 2nd round corner to be a starter for the future. I'd rather see some of our young guys play #2 or #3 corner than Dunta. Reeves may not be a #1 corner but I would play him as one next year because with Dunta you aren't getting anything better.

Right now I would like to see Morgan Burnett in the first and someone like Patrick Robinson in the second. We need to upgrade the versatility in our secondary BAD.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #52
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

1.rd FS or DT (I prefer us to sign experienced NT from FA if available)
2.rd FS , DR, RB or OL (If we can't sign any from FA)
3.rd RB or OL (We should be able find good interior OL)
4.rd RB or OL

CB Just sign DR
FA find experienced NT (IMO this position usually better off with experienced player than rook for an immediate impact)

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

Not attacking but rather discussing, using the #1 pick on a huge guard to put in our ZBS is ok to voice our opinion. We need to be realistic that usually that type body will not be successful in our offense. I too prefer an Oline that powers the ball down the field. Let's look at the thought that ZBS will go away. If it does, what do we do for players? Everyone we have was selected to be fast with quick feet and to pass block. None does straight ahead power blocking well. IMO Brown is the best. Pitts would have worked but I do not see him back unless he signs a very low $ deal with incentatives. Again I like the choice just not for an offense we will not change and where he will probably be successful. Now if this guard blows away the cones and other agility tests at combine proving he can work in the ZBS, I will change my mind.
Old 11-12-2009   #54
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

I am the guy who has been pushing to get a big old mean gorilla type DT that will stop the run. However, Bush has seemingly eliminated that need by using our lighter guys to stop the other teams running game. There will be some good DT prospects in free agency and we should go after one. If we go after one in draft, it should be later rounds. IMO no longer qualifies as primary need.

While I agree that center should be upgraded, don't see it happening unless it is by Caldwell and moving Myers to guard, his more natural position. Again, I do not see this either as Myers has the experience to call the offensive sets. There have few bobbles between Schaub and Chris. On the QB sack by Colts, the RB (Slaton, I think) missed the block after Myers was tossed aside, so 2 players did not do the job that play.
Old 11-12-2009   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Prior to Indy game I was posting that DR would definitely be back. Not so sure anymore. I want to see him in the 2nd Indy game. I think we will draft at least two CBs or combo CB/FS. Fortunatley this draft should be deep. I'm not sure if team is ready to give up on Bennett yet. I think it depends on who is available when we draft in first round.
Old 11-12-2009   #56
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Completely understand where you are coming from. We could not resign Dunta and draft a 1st or 2nd round corner to be a starter for the future. I'd rather see some of our young guys play #2 or #3 corner than Dunta. Reeves may not be a #1 corner but I would play him as one next year because with Dunta you aren't getting anything better.

Right now I would like to see Morgan Burnett in the first and someone like Patrick Robinson in the second. We need to upgrade the versatility in our secondary BAD.
I have been pretty pleased with SS Pollard and since WIlson has healed he is playing much better at FS. I was hoping Mays would drop to about 18-19 which was unlikely but even more unlikely now is Texans drafting above 22. I am looking at Earl Thomas UTexas FS 5'10 197 4.45 with 5 INTS. I like Haden in 1st but if we end up much further down he'll be gone. Thomas may be there.
Old 11-12-2009   #57
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
1.rd FS or DT (I prefer us to sign experienced NT from FA if available)
2.rd FS , DR, RB or OL (If we can't sign any from FA)
3.rd RB or OL (We should be able find good interior OL)
4.rd RB or OL

CB Just sign DR
FA find experienced NT (IMO this position usually better off with experienced player than rook for an immediate impact)

Go Texans!!!
Why?
Old 11-12-2009   #58
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
[/b]I have been pretty pleased with SS Pollard and since WIlson has healed he is playing much better at FS. I was hoping Mays would drop to about 18-19 which was unlikely but even more unlikely now is Texans drafting above 22. I am looking at Earl Thomas UTexas FS 5'10 197 4.45 with 5 INTS. I like Haden in 1st but if we end up much further down he'll be gone. Thomas may be there.

I've got to agree with TexasSeminole, that if we're going after a FS in the 1st round then I'd rather have Morgan Burnett. IMO he's 2nd only to Berry amongst FS. Earl Thomas will probably stay and play another year at UT but if he does decide to go pro next year then he'd be my 3rd choice behind Berry and Burnett. I don't see Taylor Mays as having the ball skills or coverage skills to be a good FS in the NFL, I think he'll be a much better SS in a traditional scheme. I'd then go after Mike Johnson-OG in the 2nd round, I think he fits our ZBS much better than Iupati. Someone else mentioned Boo Robinson or Dan Williams in the 3rd round, Robinson will probably be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd but Dan Williams-DT in the 3rd round isn't a bad idea.

1. Morgan Burnett-FS
2. Mike Johnson-OG
3. Dan Williams-DT

I could live with that easy.
Old 11-12-2009   #59
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Not attacking but rather discussing, using the #1 pick on a huge guard to put in our ZBS is ok to voice our opinion. We need to be realistic that usually that type body will not be successful in our offense. I too prefer an Oline that powers the ball down the field. Let's look at the thought that ZBS will go away. If it does, what do we do for players? Everyone we have was selected to be fast with quick feet and to pass block. None does straight ahead power blocking well. IMO Brown is the best. Pitts would have worked but I do not see him back unless he signs a very low $ deal with incentatives. Again I like the choice just not for an offense we will not change and where he will probably be successful. Now if this guard blows away the cones and other agility tests at combine proving he can work in the ZBS, I will change my mind.
You are absolutely correct, Iupati would not be a raging success in the ZBS. However, I dont think the ZBS lasts past this season. It is not doing anything for the run game at all. The players would be a problem though. Brown would fit, after a training camp. I think Winston could do it as well. Caldwell is a little small, but maybe he could do it. Then we would have Iupati. So we still lack a center or a guard, wherever Caldwell does not go. I dont know alot about the other lineman on the team, what do you think?
Old 11-12-2009   #60
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

no reason why ZBS with Gibbs coaching it cannot succeed but unlike last year when the same OL started all 16 games the Texans have been less fortunate losing two starters, Brisiel & Pitts.

However another mauler is in order 300 lbs give or take a little makes no difference & reason why a prospect like Baylor Center J.D. Walton would be a great fit.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read