Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2009   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Did I hear that right?

The Texans defense leads the NFL in 3 & outs???

gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did I hear that right?

I think it was % of 3 and outs. But ya you heard it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Even more impressive if you consider how bad we were the first 2 weeks. I love rooting for a team with a great defense.
Old 11-01-2009   #4
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahhhh you beat me to the punch. For years I have been saying.....

For the love of God can anyone make a stop on third down....

and .Frank Bush answered ...YES

I had trears in my eyes when I heard that....makes me proud.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 125280 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i love our defensive scheme ... or lack there-of. there's almost nothing exotic with the texans. we dont disguise our blitzes at all and the coverage isnt confusing anybody. it seems bush has made the statement - our 11 is better than your 11. where we failed early in the season is players leaving their assignments to cover for someone else - that's stopped. "i will win my battle and i know the guy beside me is going to win his". there really doesnt seem to be much more than that.
Old 11-01-2009   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
I think it was % of 3 and outs. But ya you heard it right.
No it was number of 3 and outs. They mentioned it last week as well. They came into today with 31 or so and walked away with another 4 or 5.
Old 11-01-2009   #7
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a great day watching our defense. Made me proud to be a Texans fan.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2009   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Even during weeks 1-3, when we were absolutely getting demolished defensively, I think we were doing ok on 3 and outs. We either 3-out or gave up a big play TD.

We have since cut out the big play TDs and our defense has been pretty awesome to watch
Old 11-01-2009   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91312 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i love our defensive scheme ... or lack there-of. there's almost nothing exotic with the texans. we dont disguise our blitzes at all and the coverage isnt confusing anybody. it seems bush has made the statement - our 11 is better than your 11. where we failed early in the season is players leaving their assignments to cover for someone else - that's stopped. "i will win my battle and i know the guy beside me is going to win his". there really doesnt seem to be much more than that.
Typical. All the blame if they play poorly, but no credit at all if they play well.

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

In the 1st half, I found myself looking forward to the D being on the field. That's a really odd feeling for a Texan fan. The mother of all tests is coming this weekend. I hope our boys do us proud.
Old 11-01-2009   #11
SteveDeberg
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SteveDeberg is a Hall of FamerSteveDeberg is a Hall of FamerSteveDeberg is a Hall of FamerSteveDeberg is a Hall of FamerSteveDeberg is a Hall of FamerSteveDeberg is a Hall of FamerSteveDeberg is a Hall of FamerSteveDeberg is a Hall of Famer

Not too rain on the parade but Ryan Fitzpatrick is a scrub qb, we did get revenge for 4 years ago. Next week is the real test looking forward to our 1st win in Indy!
SteveDeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Every time the Bills came on the field I expected a 3-out. When TO broke that long one I was surprised.

Whats going on here???
Old 11-01-2009   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

How many weeks in a row has the D held the other guy's stud RB to less than 100 yds? Hell, Lynch didn't even break 50 yds.

Next week is the real test. Their strength against our weakness.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 125280 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Typical. All the blame if they play poorly, but no credit at all if they play well.

huh?
Old 11-01-2009   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
How many weeks in a row has the D held the other guy's stud RB to less than 100 yds? Hell, Lynch didn't even break 50 yds.

Next week is the real test. Their strength against our weakness.
Highest production RB each game:

Bills - 43 yds
Niners - 32 yds
Bengals - 44 yds
Cardinals - 24 yds
Raiders - 24 yds

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read