Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bottom line: Bills Loss = Texans Not a Playoff Team

I've read many posts this week relating how the Texans can lose this game (ie., poor running game, interceptions, turnovers, poor run defense, poor secondary play, etc.) It's true, any or all, could lead to a Texans loss. None of these should accumulate for a playoff team's loss.....especially, against a team like the Bills. I call these "setups" for excusing a loss. I doubt that I will have much patience with these same comments coming out by apologists after a loss today. Even with a win against the lowly Bills, I wonder how many can feel really confident or even confortable labelling the Texans a legitimate playoff team. Now, after a win against the Colts?............

With that, Go Texans! Let's get that chance to go on to prove our worth against the Colts.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bottom line: Bills Loss = Texans Not a Playoff Team

No more excuse!

The Texans have good enough players to be a play-off contender.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Did someone wakeup with a Halloween hangover? I agree with you about having set up excuses for a loss. Most Texans fans are fed up with them. I'm laying this game at Kubes feet, good or bad. He needs to show that he can have the team ready to play a team they should beat. 5-3 heading into Indy, riding a 3 game winning streak would be awesome. For the 1st time in franchise history, I see a Texans team that can keep up with the Colts on offense.
Old 11-01-2009   #4
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't even want to think about losing this game!!!!!

However you are absolutely correct. If we lose this game this is the same old 2007/2008 Texans. Tons of talent and potential, but just can't put it together.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it just seems like there is a glimmer in this teams eye, and they are building "real" confidence.

Just execute Texans!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2009   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Add to that the Bills are missing 5 starters and we're healthy aside from the 2 OGs and we have a lot more talent than this Bills team. They're playing 3 rookies on the OL, its time for our DL to start turning pressures into sacks.

Dick Jauron isn't some spectacular coach either so that shouldn't make up for it. Bottom line is that the Bills have an opportunistic defense and that's their best chance of winning. Just like last week, we limited the mistakes (obligatory Slaton fumble) and that was enough to beat the 49ers because we won the turnover battle. We win the turnover battle against opportunistic teams and we win.

Play mistake free football and the talent discrepancy will shine through to the tune of another Houston Texans W!!!
Old 11-01-2009   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so freakin' nervous! I've been waiting to be in a playoff race for 15 years. That's a lot of pent-up frustration. I can't even imagine what Real Joker is going through!!!!!!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'm so freakin' nervous! I've been waiting to be in a playoff race for 15 years. That's a lot of pent-up frustration. I can't even imagine what Real Joker is going through!!!!!!!
Is he still doing the celibacy vow? SANTA MARIA!!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2009   #8
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Same here! If Houston wants to officially "turn the corner" then they have to actually win the games they are supposed to win. I'm very anxious to see how Houston will respond.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This should be a blow-out, and that is why I am kinda nervous, too!

The Texans need to come out of the gate hard and ready to go (LOL)!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #10
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Add to that the Bills are missing 5 starters and we're healthy aside from the 2 OGs and we have a lot more talent than this Bills team. They're playing 3 rookies on the OL, its time for our DL to start turning pressures into sacks.

Dick Jauron isn't some spectacular coach either so that shouldn't make up for it. Bottom line is that the Bills have an opportunistic defense and that's their best chance of winning. Just like last week, we limited the mistakes (obligatory Slaton fumble) and that was enough to beat the 49ers because we won the turnover battle. We win the turnover battle against opportunistic teams and we win.

Play mistake free football and the talent discrepancy will shine through to the tune of another Houston Texans W!!!
Yeah, they have two starting safeties out today. I'll be piss if they lose today.
Old 11-01-2009   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Brimming with confidence, are we?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #12
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

two interceptions.
one fumble
dante getting juked out of his jock strap

not good start come on texans..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #13
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I have to say that the texans pulled it together and came out and putting a winning game together, in the past we would have folded. Now let's see if we can run the ball and put a win up by controlling the ball and put the lights out on the bills.
Old 11-01-2009   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

oops, wrong thread
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #15
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, if the passing doesn't work, go to the running.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Wow, if the passing doesn't work, go to the Moats.
fixed it for you.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #17
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
oops, wrong thread
yah noobed it up didn't realize everyone was posting in the other thread..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read