Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2009   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default def ? what changed?

Our run defence was just absolutly frighting during the 1st three games,but during the oakland game i noticed. That we changed from leting thim run all over us. To actuly being able to stop the run.

what changed

1. brian cushing stept up big ,and turned out to be a difference maker.
2.amobi okoya...hes not geting sacks, but man has he been geting penatration, and he is geting beter at stoping the run.
3. mario....yes he is hurt ,but that dosent stop the other team to double cover him.
4.dunta robinson. is not leting big plays...(that many)
5.ryans....a quiet year so year. Because of cushing, but he is haveing a pro bowl type season...

i have noteced when the texans get momentem .there is hardly no one that can stop them

for ex.

we kept frank gore ,and cendric benson under 100 yards in the last two weeks.

and

our cb/s are steping it up to

pollard .....i am so happy we signed him. He is a beast at hiting....
revees.....i like him. He is doing ok...
robinson.....is not leting big plays go bye...

i will say if our defence continues to increace there momentem. Then we will go farther then we have ever been.

happy halloween to all bye the way =]
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #2
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: def ? what changed?

Cmon bro, take a minute to proof read and at least get the names right..
Old 10-31-2009   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

simpler scheme.
Old 10-31-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'm sorry if I don't share the same happy thoughts. The D has been getting better as of late but does not show up for the whole game. Great D is a D that isn't so easy to go in at half time and make a couple of changes on and all of a sudden run all over them and this not the case with the Texans D at this point. They are still too predictable after one half but that is bound to change. The samething goes on the other side of the football with scoring they score lights out in the first half then get shutdown in the second half all too often and tend to sofen up once they have a large lead and don't stay on the attack like great teams do and become too passive by just wanting to run out the game clock.
Old 10-31-2009   #5
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

the defense is staying in their gaps. im happy with the D. if we can run the ball well its over
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #6
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
Our run defence was just absolutly frighting during the 1st three games,but during the oakland game i noticed. That we changed from leting thim run all over us. To actuly being able to stop the run.

what changed

1. brian cushing stept up big ,and turned out to be a difference maker.
2.amobi okoya...hes not geting sacks, but man has he been geting penatration, and he is geting beter at stoping the run.
3. mario....yes he is hurt ,but that dosent stop the other team to double cover him.
4.dunta robinson. is not leting big plays...(that many)
5.ryans....a quiet year so year. Because of cushing, but he is haveing a pro bowl type season...

i have noteced when the texans get momentem .there is hardly no one that can stop them

for ex.

we kept frank gore ,and cendric benson under 100 yards in the last two weeks.

and

our cb/s are steping it up to

pollard .....i am so happy we signed him. He is a beast at hiting....
revees.....i like him. He is doing ok...
robinson.....is not leting big plays go bye...

i will say if our defence continues to increace there momentem. Then we will go farther then we have ever been.

happy halloween to all bye the way =]

the thing that i just cant understand is how someone that is fifteen,can't take out the time to use spell check.We understand that grammar is not your strongest subject ,but seriously dude your in high school.
Like the guys from ESPN say "Cmon "
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll feel better if the D shows up for both parts of the game instead of just one. Wouldn't you?
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2009   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

People keep saying we aren't getting any pass rush because the sack numbers are low. But Mario has a league leading 10 QB hits and a 3rd place 15 QB hurries. Smith 5 hits and 14 hurries. Barwin 1 hit and 3 pressures. Okoye 2 hits and 9 pressures. Bullman 5 hits and 2 pressures. Shaun Cody 1 hit and 1 pressure. Zgonina 4 pressures. That's 24 hits and 48 pressures to go with the 9 sacks. That's on 139 passing plays. So on 81 plays (there might be some duel credit redundancy in there) they were getting good pressure - that's 58% of passing attempts. That's just the DL.

Then we have Demeco with 3 hits and 1 pressure, Diles with 1 hit and 1 pressure and Cushing with 4 hits and 5 pressures and Adibi with 1 hit and 1 pressure. That's another 9 hits and 8 pressures bringing the overall total to 98 plays of 139 or 71%..

Last edited by infantrycak; 10-31-2009 at 04:10 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #9
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Brought to you by the Slatonisabest to English Translation Committee:

Our run defense was absolutely frightening during the 1st three games but during the Oakland game I noticed that we changed from letting them run all over us to actually being able to stop the run.

What changed?

1. Brian Cushing stepped up big and turned out to be a difference-maker.
2. Amobi Okoye- He's not getting sacks, but man has he been getting penetration and he's getting better at stopping the run.
3. Mario- Yes, he is hurt, but that doesn't stop the other team from double-covering him. (editor's note: Mario is a WR now apparently)
4. Dunta Robinson is not letting many big plays happen.
5. Ryans is having a quiet year so far because of Cushing, but he is having a Pro Bowl-type season.

I have noticed when the Texans get momentum there is hardly anyone who can stop them.

For example, we kept Frank Gore and Cedric Benson under 100 yards in the last two weeks. And our CB's and safeties are stepping it up too.

Pollard- I am so happy we signed him, he is a beast at hitting.
Reeves- I like him, he is doing OK.
Robinson- Isn't letting big plays go by.

I will say if our defense continues to increase their momentum then we will go further than we have ever been. (editor's note: No shit Sherlock.)

Happy Halloween to all by the way.

TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

He needs to work on his grammar but I'm sticking to football talk and I am not the knocking type. Let's all just stick to football, ok?

Last edited by gary; 10-31-2009 at 03:37 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #11
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
the thing that i just cant understand is how someone that is fifteen,can't take out the time to use spell check.We understand that grammar is not your strongest subject ,but seriously dude your in high school.
While we are having fun attacking grammar, it's "you're", not "your"

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Lol, it's really no big deal that is what this grammar thing isn't that's for certain.
Old 10-31-2009   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
People keep saying we aren't getting any pass rush because the sack numbers are low. But Mario has a league leading 10 QB hits and a 3rd place 15 QB hurries. Smith 5 hits and 14 hurries. Barwin 1 hit and 3 pressures. Okoye 2 hits and 9 pressures. Bullman 5 hits and 2 pressures. Shaun Cody 1 hit and 1 pressure. Zgonina 4 pressures. That's 24 hits and 48 pressures to go with the 9 sacks. That's on 139 passing plays. So on 81 plays (there might be some duel credit redundancy in there) they were getting good pressure - that's 58% of passing attempts. That's just the DL.

Then we have Demeco with 3 hits and 1 pressure, Diles with 1 hit and 1 pressure and Cushing with 4 hits and 5 pressures and Adibi with 1 hit and 1 pressure. That's another 9 hits and 8 pressures bringing the overall total to 98 plays of 139 or 71%.

The pressure hasn't been consistent. Particularly in must-throw situations, I want to see heavy pressure with some results. Generally, though, I agree that it hasn't been as bad as the sack numbers indicate. There is certainly plenty to be encouraged by.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #14
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmmm what has changed....making stops on third down? maybe......God has finally heard me.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #15
threeputtsam
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
Maybe he's still in the 6th or 7th grade
threeputtsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #16
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: def ? what changed?

Is there some kind of running joke that I'm not aware of with these posts? I really feel like I'm the only person in the room that is not in on the joke . Can some one help me out?
Old 10-31-2009   #17
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Is there some kind of running joke that I'm not aware of with these posts? I really feel like I'm the only person in the room that is not in on the joke . Can some one help me out?
This will shed a little light on the running joke. As would most any post by slatonisabeast.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66443

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #18
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
He needs to work on his grammar but I'm sticking to football talk and I am not the knocking type. Let's all just stick to football, ok?
Really who kares about the kids gramer? I meen realy their or beter tings to talk about. Sum peoples nead 2 get of there hi horse.
Old 11-01-2009   #19
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Really who kares about the kids gramer? I meen realy their or beter tings to talk about. Sum peoples nead 2 get of there hi horse.
It shows a lack of intelligence.

If he is in high school and has not learned to spell or capitalization and punctuation then I want to know what school district he is in. I can make sure my granddaugther does not go there.

None of us are perfect. We all make errors in spelling, grammar or punctuation when we post. Spell check does not always correct all the mistakes. But most try. It is very disappointing when a few do not even make an attempt to use caps or spell words correctly.

I am one that just hates to see the English language butchered that bad on a regular basis by some posters.
Old 11-01-2009   #20
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

Then we have Demeco with 3 hits and 1 pressure, Diles with 1 hit and 1 pressure and Cushing with 4 hits and 5 pressures and Adibi with 1 hit and 1 pressure. That's another 9 hits and 8 pressures bringing the overall total to 98 plays of 139 or 71%..
In a perfect world, if EVERY post on this board was as well thought out, factual and concise as Infantry's effort, I'd live here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read