Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-30-2009   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Browns fans protest

Anybody heard of this? Browns fans want to plan a protest on MNF. Guess they want fans to go to the game, but not sit in their seats till after kickoff.
Old 10-30-2009   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Browns fans protest

Maybe they can join together for a better football team.

Then beat the Browns.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #3
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Browns fans to protest the ongoing Browns-ness of the Browns

Good for them. I hope they pull it off. Its my opinion that the fans don't have voice they should in the NFL. I don't think there's very many fans out there who would oppose leveling the playing field through revenue sharing &/or salary cap, yet the NFL and the players union are at odds again. Its all about the money and I'm getting tired of giving it to them.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think if they really wanted to protest , don't buy tickets?

I know this is a mild form of protest that they are doing and most probably have season tickets already , but the Browns got their money already. so I guess one has to do what they have to do .. maybe don't buy concessions or limit the concession spending ..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #5
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not fan of protests, but I must say that I like this one. I think it's the best protest I've heard. They still want to support the team, but they're not being heard. They want to voice their dissatisfaction without booing, and without bags on the heads. I think it's a great way to say - " We're pissed off and frustrated. Now that we've said our peace, let's play some football."

Come kickoff if all of those seats are empty, the silence will be deafening.

Quote:
"We’re tired of losing,” the 39-year-old Randall said. “We’re tired of the booing, of seeing fans leave in the fourth quarter. There are fans who have had tickets for 30 years who are turning their seats in because they can’t take it anymore. So many fans are fed up.”
Quote:
“We don’t want to see fans with bags on their heads or booing,” Randall said. “We love the Browns and will do anything to support them. But we’re not being heard. Our goal is to say to the Browns’ organization, ‘Hey, listen to your fans.”’
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Not being heard? What exactly do they expect the Browns to do mid-season after the trade deadline with a 1st year head coach?
Old 11-01-2009   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Browns fans protest

I bet that will work as well as the walk out planned for a pirates game a few years ago.... lol
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2009   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fan protest fizzles at Browns game

CLEVELAND (AP)—A planned fan protest seemed to fail as Cleveland Browns Stadium was three-quarters filled before Monday night’s kickoff against Baltimore.

Two die-hard Browns fans, disgusted with the direction of the 1-7 team, had urged fans to stay away from their seats for the start, hoping it would send a message to team owner Randy Lerner.

There were thousands of empty seats for the opening kickoff, but it was difficult to know if they were because of the protest or late-arriving fans. The notorious Dawg Pound bleacher section—where the protest’s organizers normally sit—was at near capacity.

Heidi Nicklaus of Cleveland seemed to sum up the sentiments of the majority of the fans and took issue with the boycott’s organizers.

“If you’re a fan, you’re a fan,” she said. “If you’re not, go find another team to root for. You should be in your seats for the kickoff. I’m a fan. I’m going to my seat.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #9
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with her about being a fan and if you have the tickets why waste the money. On the other hand dont by the tickets and other crap and stay at home to watch the game for free.
Old 11-17-2009   #10
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they don't buy the tickets they won't be able to stay at home and watch the game, unless there is a different rule for MNF.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were a browns fan, I'd be protesting. That game was just awful to witness
Old 11-17-2009   #12
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
If they don't buy the tickets they won't be able to stay at home and watch the game, unless there is a different rule for MNF.
I was talking about those that wanted to protest, because no matter what people are still going to buy tickets
Old 11-17-2009   #13
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

from what i heard the ppl who organized the protest met with Browns front office and called it off. They [the fans] just wanted to be heard and i guess they were
Old 11-17-2009   #14
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think what the Brown's fans are doing is wrong. In fact, if you buy tickets it shows you support the team but sometimes boycotting is the way to go.

Its sad that even after folding as a franchise and then comming back the Browns still haven't been able to get it together. I think they are capable of being a solid football program, but it has to start from the top. The owner needs to play an active role rather then count his $$$ all the time and you need a solid GM who knows how to run a successfull franchise to come in and tell people what the organization stands for and how they are going to go about doing business on and off the field.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #15
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The fans were chanting "*******" as the guy who started the protest walked down to his seat.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read