Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-01-2009   #21
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud gets his way, Titans to start VY on Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
You don't live in Austin. If VY does well, say goodbye to the Texans games we've been seeing this year...
Incorrect. KEYE is committed to the Texans, and the Tits are going nowhere with their 0-6 record.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #22
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46286 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
You don't live in Austin. If VY does well, say goodbye to the Texans games we've been seeing this year...
Most UT fans have written VY off. Unless they go on a 4 game winning streak, don't expect the VY lovefest to be rekindled.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince 15 of 18 for 125 yards 1 td

10 rushes 32 yards

so far
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #24
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Vince 15 of 18 for 125 yards 1 td

10 rushes 32 yards

so far
Say what?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #25
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Most UT fans have written VY off. Unless they go on a 4 game winning streak, don't expect the VY lovefest to be rekindled.
I disagree. UT fans will always always always love Vince Young no matter what he does in the NFL. He is a god in Austin. Now that the Titans have finally won a game, expect the nuthuggers to come out in full force and say that Vince is the reason the Titans beat the Jaguars. VY cannot fail, he can only be failed.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #26
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I disagree. UT fans will always always always love Vince Young no matter what he does in the NFL. He is a god in Austin. Now that the Titans have finally won a game, expect the nuthuggers to come out in full force and say that Vince is the reason the Titans beat the Jaguars. VY cannot fail, he can only be failed.
Sounds like some Denver fans I know with Orton.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
UT fans are no more monolithic than any other large group. Some will flock back as you say and some have written him off. There will be a swell but it won't be like when he was drafted.
Old 11-01-2009   #28
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, here are some quotes from posters over at hornfans.com

"So if Vince pulls this game off, then he'll be 19-11 as a starter? Man Fisher should just be fired for holding him out."

"Fisher has got to be soooo pissed off right now. He wanted Collins on a team with NO heart at 0-6, Vince comes in and this team is the Titans of last year. Fisher knows if Vince can save this team he can keep his job, but he'll look like an i d i o t for not having played him earlier."

"There's no doubting the "VY Effect." He makes everybody around him better--even Jeff Fisher."

"Chris Johnson for only 89 yards and a td.... VY has inspired the whole freaking team!!"

"Fisher has got to be absolutely sick to his stomach that he let this happen like this. 30 points with a QB kept on the bench! And it's not like the other team didn't know Vince was starting. There is no surprise, no excuse for them not to be ready. "

"I think this has to bode the question, if Vince started all season would the Titans be in the playoff mix?"
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171776 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

But think of the Sausage sales..................to the moon, Alice, to the moon.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Im a UT fan .... I dont believe in VY. Yes he was great in college , it just hasnt (and probably wont) translated well to the NFL.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #31
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Say what you want about "sausage boy" but they won today.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #32
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69048 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Say what you want about "sausage boy" but they won today.
and off that one game I am gonna guess VY earned a job somewhere, even if not in TN.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #33
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know many of my fellow Texan fans don't agree with me but I still think he is a good QB. He can lead and has the potential to be a great QB with the proper coaching.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #34
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

So, the tricks from bumblescum won today huh? I just got home from dropping my daughter off and have not checked any scores, but unless you live here in austin and hear the absolute n*t guzzling that the local media and UT fans still spout for vy, you have no idea how *******ed up this could get.

Even if the Possum Squallorettes win only another couple games this year with vy at the helm, I would not be shocked at all to see KEYE pull the plug on the Texans.

As I always implore to UT fans who clamor for vy still...."Can't we all just leg hump Colt now??"

I hope vy goes to an NFC team. Let FOX deal with that crap and duke it out between Cowboy and Possum Squallr fans.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #35
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
and off that one game I am gonna guess VY earned a job somewhere, even if not in TN.
I watched the first half of the game. The QB that looked to me like he shouldn't be in the NFL was Garrard. He looked horrible. Vince looked decent. From what I could tell he relied heavily on the short passing game and his legs. It will be interesting to see how he continues to play now that teams will start to have some recent film on him. The biggest obstacle VY has to overcome is inconsistency.

Do you think this has to be the most uncomfortable Fisher has ever felt after a win?
Old 11-01-2009   #36
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steroids View Post
Vince is amazing. It is not coincidence that the Titans went off for 300 yards rushing today. Like any other wrinkle that causes a split second hesitation to a defender, the VY effect opens up the running lanes. 15/18 for 165 yards and a TD, along with opening up running lanes for 300+ yards rushing? Every team in the league would be happy with that. I'm guessing few of you saw the game... but he took some Jaguar defenders to fool school today.

You do not know what you are talking about.
Jags 25th ranked D isn't all that good with their transition to a 3-4. I wonder if VY talk will disappear if Colt wins the NT and I believe he has more wins and better stats then VY did.
Old 11-01-2009   #37
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the box score for the Jaguars-Titans game:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291101010

The Titans had 305 yards rushing.

Have the Texans ever had 305 yards rushing? I could be mistaken, but I do not think so.

Great win by the Titans and Vince Young.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #38
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Jags 25th ranked D isn't all that good with their transition to a 3-4. I wonder if VY talk will disappear if Colt wins the NT and I believe he has more wins and better stats then VY did.
Not sure about that. The VY worship here is pretty insane. Honestly, as a Longhorns fan I would love to be able to wish VY well and root for him, however as long as he plays for "them" it's not going to happen. If VY goes somewhere else next season all of this VY worship will be more tolerable. I would love to see him in a Redskins uniform because most of his faithful subjects are also Cowboys fans.

If Colts wins a NC it will help however if that happens I feel it is going to look more like a full team effort opposed to what happened in 2005. Colt (while technically a better QB), doesn't typically make those impossible looking plays that VY made here, the ones that gave him his cult status.
Old 11-01-2009   #39
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Here is the box score for the Jaguars-Titans game:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291101010

The Titans had 305 yards rushing.

Have the Texans ever had 305 yards rushing? I could be mistaken, but I do not think so.

Great win by the Titans and Vince Young.
No but they almost gave up 300 yards rushing when they played the Titans earlier this year. I think the Titans had around 240 yards in that loss to the Texans.

I watched much of the Titans game today. The Jags were sloppy on both sides of the ball. Garrard was horrible. VY played well, however today was the Chris Johnson show. They kept letting him get to the outside and missed key tackles.

Here are CJ highlights http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...son-highlights
Old 11-02-2009   #40
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Not sure about that. The VY worship here is pretty insane. Honestly, as a Longhorns fan I would love to be able to wish VY well and root for him, however as long as he plays for "them" it's not going to happen. If VY goes somewhere else next season all of this VY worship will be more tolerable. I would love to see him in a Redskins uniform because most of his faithful subjects are also Cowboys fans.

If Colts wins a NC it will help however if that happens I feel it is going to look more like a full team effort opposed to what happened in 2005. Colt (while technically a better QB), doesn't typically make those impossible looking plays that VY made here, the ones that gave him his cult status.
I think Colt has had less to work with then VY did, but Muschamp makes up for that lack of players.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read