Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2009   #1
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Turned the corner"

can we start levying a fine on every reporter that asks a player or coach that stupid question? Geez.... show me 10-6 and then we can talk about turning the corner.
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Turned the corner"

(everytime I see someone ask that question) It's right up there with the "Was this our biggest win?" question.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
(everytime I see someone ask that question) It's right up there with the "Was this our biggest win?" question.
The reporters say these things.

These ? are usually followed by a Texan loss.

Followed by ? of why cant Kubes get the team up against inferior teams/is kubes going to be the HC next year.

The press in this town are really bad.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is how we, as Texans fans, will know when they've "turned the corner:"

Someone will man-up and say: "YES!"

I don't know who the team's public relations coach is, but he's doing an amazing job. You can never get a straight-up, unequivocal YES or NO to that question and THAT is how you know they have yet to turn that corner.

When the players know it, they'll say so. Instead of: "I hope so," or "Possibly," or " I think we may have." Those are bullcrap answers and they are a dead giveaway that someone is tentative and that's exactly the kind of thing you can expect from a team playing at a .500 level.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #5
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Once this organization has finally (fighting gag reflex) "turned the corner" (gag) we will all know it. Nobody will have to ask the question. That day will be when we all feel as much certainty as any team can have that our guys are going to win the games they should and even many of the games they shouldn't. No there really will not be that many games that we shouldn't win at that time. We will be a consistent group who the whole fan base will feel good about supporting. As a matter of fact, the fan base will be larger...by a lot.. with the real band waggoners who jump on for the joy ride of a winner. And at that time, that glorious time... no stinking sports writer will be heard asking that ridiculous question; nor will there be any threads on this Mb asking that question.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

"How does this win make you feel?"
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

It's pretty annoying, but it hasn't gotten as bad as "hit them in the mouth" earlier in the season.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2009   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Gee, no I don't think we have turned the corner. Matt has not thrown for 4,000 yards yet and Slaton just can't run the ball and when he does, he like you know drops it. Our O line can't run block and JJ is so busy trying to find his mother in the stands that he almost muffed a return. I keep asking Dunta to turn around so I can see if he has anything written on his shoes as I missed the whole thing earlier this season"

Now that is what I want a player to say.
Old 10-29-2009   #9
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. We get what we deserve IMO. Although I do get tired of the same exact team coverage over and over.
Section516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #10
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Any "turned the corner" event immediately leads to the next one. Ie: Turned the corner on road wins -> winning season -> playoffs -> playoff wins -> super bowl ->super bowl win.

That's why it's a dumb question.
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what LZ said about this the other day. These little events or games aren't turning the corner and it is silly to talk about. Turning the corner is a winning season and going to the playoffs and then playing like you belong there again when you play the next season.
Old 10-29-2009   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this thread mean we've turned the corner as a Texans message board and fan site?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Does this thread mean we've turned the corner as a Texans message board and fan site?
If so DocBar, how do you feel about that?
Old 10-29-2009   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If so DocBar, how do you feel about that?
dramastically sentimenstrual.
Old 10-29-2009   #15
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe we didn't turn the corner... maybe we turned the page... or turned over a new leaf.... or maybe someone is turning over in their graves?
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
dramastically sentimenstrual.
Take two Midol and call me tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2009   #17
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

"turnED" is past tense! Ask me after we follow up a playoff appearance with a 11-5 season!
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalderrama View Post
maybe we didn't turn the corner... maybe we turned the page... or turned over a new leaf.... or maybe someone is turning over in their graves?
My stomach is turning over....I know...2 midol & call someone who cares.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read