Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-20-2005   #1
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125
Default Free Agency

If we do pick up a few guys who are our guys we want...

Lamont Jordan?
Old 02-20-2005   #2
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125
If we do pick up a few guys who are our guys we want...

Lamont Jordan?
Why do you want another RB??

I say no. I love DD and Hollings is a year healthier and Wells looks like he could be a good back.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #3
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

are there any defensive linemen that are worth a look this off season?
Old 02-21-2005   #4
Gilly
Rookie

Default Free agency

I would love to pick up another big WR. I believe that is the big piece that is missing. Although the o-line could use some help, Carr needs someone other than AJ to throw the ball to. I dont believe Gafeny is going to cut it as a #2 or even a #3. Armstrong on the other hand showed alot of potentiall last year and could blossum into a solid #3. Derrick mason would be a heck of an addition to the texans. If not im sure we can get someone in the draft.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I love DD.. I have two of his jerseys and I think he is an awesome guy with a perfect attitude.

However.. if we could sign Lamont Jordan.. I would gladly make DD our #2 guy.

Lamont is a proven power runner.. with good durability. He would be exactly the kind of RB that we need for the defense we run.

Lamont is high on my list of guys to sign.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005   #6
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Lets get Jerry Porter, he'd make a great 2nd wide receiver.
Old 02-21-2005   #7
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

I would really like to get Lamont Jordan a great thunder and lightning combo also another WR for number 2. Gaffney has proven he's a good number 3 guy don't quote me but didn't he help convert alot of 3rd down conversions.
Old 02-21-2005   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I really dont think another WR is a necessity. We have 4 great WRs right now. well.. we have one great WR, 2 good WRs and 1 potentially very good WR.

Andre Johnson. Gaffney and Armstrong are set.. they are great.. no changes needed there. We keep talking about needing this #2 guy though.. and honestly I think Armstrong or Gaffney can take care of it in most situations.. and Kendrick Starling can come in and stretch the field when it is necessary.

We have 4 young WRs and we need to let them develop.. and to let them develop we need them on the field.. not on the bench behind Joey Porter, Laverneus Coles, Derrick Mason, or whatever other FA WR happens to be on the market.

Our receiving corp is awesome.. and Bradford was not a HUGE part of it. we dont need some veteran probowler to have a good set of WRs.

let the new guys take over.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005   #9
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Bradford could do well in the right situation. He was out #1 WR in 2002. Armstrong is going to emerge with the absence of Bradford. Please remember that every year there is a surprise player that outperforms the teams expectations. IMO the Texans have been very lucky. I can't remember a player from 2002 fromthe Texans, but DD was the person in 2003 and I would say Drob was the person that surprised me the most in 2004. I think Armstrong could be that person this year.

Last edited by rittenhouserobz; 02-21-2005 at 03:25 PM.
rittenhouserobz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read