Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2009   #1
Texanballer
Rookie

Rep Power: 25 Texanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performer
Default Texans-Titans will bomb on MNF?

What do you all think if the Titans are winless?
Texanballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 13450 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans-Titans will bomb on MNF?

then we better not lose to them
Old 10-27-2009   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We've got 2 games and a bye before we have to worry about the tits. They're the least of my worries at this point.
Old 10-27-2009   #4
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya, its a long way off still
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

If VY starts, than it will get ratings. Or if the Texans are still legitimate playoff contenders, it will make it much more interesting.
Old 10-27-2009   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we get a SNF game this season. We have the chance to.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Our only possible one I think is week 17 vs New England. Both teams could still be battling for playoff spots.
Old 10-27-2009   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I hope we get a SNF game this season. We have the chance to.
I doubt it. It would have to be against a hugely popular team to make up for the gap, as the Texans have the second-smallest fan base next to the Jaguars.

(Which still makes my head hurt when I think about why MNF opted for a game between the NFL's two smallest fan bases last year.)

Of course, record-wise and playoff implication-wise, we will absolutely have a chance... but until the Texans are perennial winners, there are always going to be more profitable choices.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I doubt it. It would have to be against a hugely popular team to make up for the gap, as the Texans have the second-smallest fan base next to the Jaguars.

(Which still makes my head hurt when I think about why MNF opted for a game between the NFL's two smallest fan bases last year.)
You sure we're the second? http://www.harrisinteractive.com/har...2009_10_07.pdf

Quote:
Of course, record-wise and playoff implication-wise, we will absolutely have a chance... but until the Texans are perennial winners, there are always going to be more profitable choices.
I only see our last game at New England being that though. Maybe a few turning into late games instead of noon starts, too.

Looking at the schedule, we really shouldn't lose to any other team besides NE and IND. We should run the table, but knowing this team...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #10
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 13450 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

what? 2nd smallest fan base? cleveland, lions, cincy, carolina, tampa are bigger? so sad
Old 10-27-2009   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Titans mail it in on us, I imagine we have enough people who hate them that we'll run it up.
Old 10-27-2009   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You sure we're the second? http://www.harrisinteractive.com/har...2009_10_07.pdf

I only see our last game at New England being that though. Maybe a few turning into late games instead of noon starts, too.

Looking at the schedule, we really shouldn't lose to any other team besides NE and IND. We should run the table, but knowing this team...
Wow, what a difference two years makes. I failed to mention I was going off the numbers from two years ago - I just assumed that two 8-8 seasons wouldn't change that very much but clearly they've moved up several spots.

Thanks for that link. I might actually do a blog post about it.

Also - I don't think we're going to run the table. We're better, but I've seen nothing to tell me we aren't still capable of losing games we shouldn't. Visiting Buffalo will be tough. Visiting Miami will be VERY tough. Seattle has a fairly tough defense, and Hasselbeck can look great one week and terrible the next. Winning in Jacksonville is always hard, and I always throw the records out when we face the Titans.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #13
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I guarantee VY will start this game, guaranteed!
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #14
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I guarantee VY will start this game, guaranteed!
What is it you are going to guarantee? If he doesn't...ok..if he does....ok...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #15
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
What is it you are going to guarantee? If he doesn't...ok..if he does....ok...
The Titans will be further in the crapper by that week and will have no choice but to start VY
Old 10-27-2009   #16
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont care what the ratings are.

All I care is that the people who are watching see a red loud crazy reliant stadium that is cheering the Texans to a victory and one step closer to the playoffs!

imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
The Titans will be further in the crapper by that week and will have no choice but to start VY
Not if Jeff Fisher is still the head coach, he won't.
Old 10-27-2009   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We should run the table, but knowing this team...
Knowing this team, we sweep the Colts and Patriots, and lose to the Bills,
Rams, and Titans.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #19
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Our only possible one I think is week 17 vs New England. Both teams could still be battling for playoff spots.
I believe Indy when we're home can be flexed also. If we're on a roll and beat them at home, we could be 7-3 coming off of a prime time game. That could open some NBC eyes.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #20
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Not if Jeff Fisher is still the head coach, he won't.
The owner is already calling for VY

The hand that writes the checks usually gets their way

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read