Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-27-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10886 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Colts playing a trap game this week?

The Colts are playing an out of conference opponent in Indy this week that has lost 2 in a row in San Francisco. Their next 3 games are San Fran, Houston, and New England all at home.

I have a feeling that the undefeated Colts are going to take a team lightly next week that nobody should take lightly in the scrappy 49ers who just switched QBs and dont want to lose 3 in a row and 4 out of their last 5. Especially when you consider they'll have a division game against us the next week and the week after they're playing one of their rivals in New England.

I hope i'm right and they lose against San Fran... That would give us a great shot at catching them if we could couple that with an upset in THEIR HOUSE the next week
Old 10-27-2009   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts playing a trap game this week?

I think the Colts win this game by at least 14.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10886 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I think the Colts win this game by at least 14.
That's very likely on paper, but the idea of a trap game is that one team is playing 100% and the other team is playing around 70%. In the NFL the team playing 100% wins every time no matter the matchup.
Old 10-27-2009   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
That's very likely on paper, but the idea of a trap game is that one team is playing 100% and the other team is playing around 70%. In the NFL the team playing 100% wins every time no matter the matchup.
The Colts just don't do that that often. Too good of leadership in Manning. He struggles vs 3-4, so maybe that gets him off his rhythm.
Old 10-27-2009   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I understand your point completely but I just don't see the Colts letting down for the Niners. Surely it CAN happen and has this year (Eagles/Raiders) but eh I'm not feeling it for this game. We'll see though right? Game still to be played.

Makes for good armchair quarterback talk for sure.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

not sure why a team this well-coached and talented will take a week off against a solid team? the Rams would've been the game they would take off, and they slaughtered them. expecting a similar result.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 115966 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see this one being close. The Colts offense is every bit as good as Houston's and they don't get big heads and half ass it with a lead.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2009   #8
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I still remember during the Colts' superbowl run. They played us, the also-ran
Texans, and HUMILIATED us in OUR house. I believe they put like 45 on us.
The thing I took away from the game was Peyton laughing as he jogged
back to the sideline after a touchdown pass.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I still remember during the Colts' superbowl run. They played us, the also-ran
Texans, and HUMILIATED us in OUR house. I believe they put like 45 on us.
The thing I took away from the game was Peyton laughing as he jogged
back to the sideline after a touchdown pass.
Wasn't during their Super Bowl run. That would have been the 2006 season, and we were the last team to beat the Colts that year (by the Kris Brown field goal).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #10
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be more worried about the Texans playing a trap game against the Bills.
Old 10-30-2009   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason why I don't see this as a trap game is the Colts D. They have been just as tough as their offense and I think they shut the 49ers down playing in Indy.
Old 10-30-2009   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
I would be more worried about the Texans playing a trap game against the Bills.
Exactly. The original scenario in this thread doesn't point to an upset of Indy but it does show just how important these next two games are. We better not be sleeping on Buffalo and win against Indy starts making for some interesting talk about the division crown.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'm never not going to worry about Texans' games after what i've seen so far this year, and in years past. It seems like we play well when i have this gut feeling we could get smashed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read