Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2009   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vote for your Texans

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot
Old 10-27-2009   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vote for your Texans

already did. Only ones I see actually making it are 80, 81 (locks) 59 (probable) and 56 (possible).

I don't see how Schaub get's voted in due to the popularity contest and the other higher profile QB's in the AFC. If he finishes the season #1 in yards and TD's and we don't make the playoffs I could totally see him getting snuffed. (voting should be allowed through week 16 I think). Then again I think fans shouldn't be allowed to vote.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Owen actually has his work cut out for him. Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates are probably the frontrunners considering they are having great seasons (not as quite as good as OD to this point) and it is a popularity contest. Heath Miller could also be a wild card, no doubt Steeler fans are going to stuff the boxes for him.
Old 10-27-2009   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has a great shot to get in, because remember - this year the Pro Bowl is the week BEFORE the Super Bowl, and anyone participating in the Super Bowl won't play in the Pro Bowl.

You get 3 QBs for each conference, and there's a pretty good chance that one of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Big Ben will be playing in the SB, so as long as Schaub stays healthy and keeps playing at a high level, I actually think he has a really good shot.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Make sure that in any of the races that the Texans deserve to get in, but their are more popular choices, in front of them, DON'T vote for the more popular players. All that does in the end is hurt our Texan's chances. After all, i think our only shoe-in is Andre Johnson. So if you want to vote for Schaub, don't vote for Peyton or Tom Brady.
Old 10-27-2009   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Make sure that in any of the races that the Texans deserve to get in, but their are more popular choices, in front of them, DON'T vote for the more popular players. All that does in the end is hurt our Texan's chances. After all, i think our only shoe-in is Andre Johnson. So if you want to vote for Schaub, don't vote for Peyton or Tom Brady.
Chad Henne and Kyle Orton are my other two QB's
Old 10-27-2009   #7
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I like how you can vote for special teamers.
Old 10-27-2009   #8
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Schaub has a great shot to get in, because remember - this year the Pro Bowl is the week BEFORE the Super Bowl, and anyone participating in the Super Bowl won't play in the Pro Bowl.

You get 3 QBs for each conference, and there's a pretty good chance that one of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Big Ben will be playing in the SB, so as long as Schaub stays healthy and keeps playing at a high level, I actually think he has a really good shot.
Good point. I wasn't thinking about that angle.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

WTH? You mean to tell me your thinking we won't be in the Bowl? No faith, I tell ya.
Old 10-27-2009   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I could care less about the Pro Bowl thus I don't want any Texans to make the squad. I don't want them playing in games that don't for much. Football is too violent for money making popularity useless games.

All-Pro is where it's all at, anyway!

Don't worry, guys. I still can't help myself. I voted. I'll always support my Texans but I meant what I said above.
Old 10-27-2009   #11
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

I'd vote, but the page goes blank after I'm finished w/ the WRs.
Old 10-27-2009   #12
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Also, don't the fan votes only count for like 1/3? I thought fans were 1/3, and sportswriters and players/coaches made up the other 2/3.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #13
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Chad Henne and Kyle Orton are my other two QB's
Trent Edwards and JaMarcus Russell.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Trent Edwards and JaMarcus Russell.
I couldn't even go that low.
Old 10-28-2009   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year Phillip Rivers had a 60% completion percentage, 4000 yards, 34 TDs and only 11 INTs for a 105 QB rating, AND the Chargers made the playoffs

And he STILL didn't get voted in.

Above him:
Peyton, Favre, Cutler, Collins

Luckily 3/4 of those guys are out of the running this year,

but Peyton is a lock and Brady is a lock, so Schaub getting in is going to take a miracle
Old 10-28-2009   #16
lostboy
Undrafted FA

Rep Power: 15 lostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
but Peyton is a lock and Brady is a lock, so Schaub getting in is going to take a miracle
AS long as Schaub was leading our team through the playoff's I'd be fine not seeing him at the Pro-bowl...

"And when we have a boot on an opponent's neck we can't take it off. We can't let up. Bob McNair
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #17
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Vote often!!! I am going to the game with great seats thanks to the NFL and would like to see my players.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #18
ItsAMarioParty
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden cover

steveslaton20- just scroll up after the wr page. pretty sure thats all it is
ItsAMarioParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #19
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

We will have Schaub, OD, and AJ all in the Pro Bowl, if they can stay healthy....I'll guarantee it cuz we will make the playoffs!
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #20
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for all the Texans...EXCEPT Duanta Robinson.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read