Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

UH vs Southern Miss - who's going?

TxDavid

Veteran
Anyone interested in getting a tailgate together for this one? I know I spoke to a few people this week who were gonna be there.

Kick-off for this one is 12pm.

What lot is everyone in? I'll pick up a parking pass and bring the grill, etc. I haven't even unloaded the truck from the Texans game.....

Man I wish I could have been there. Houston wins 50-43 in a game that went down to a failed last-ditch Hail Mary by Southern Miss that fell into about 6 Cougars vs 1 Golden Eagle.

Case Keenum 44-54, 559 yds, 5 td's, 1 int.

Whew!

EDIT: Marcus McGraw should be the Defensive Player Of The Game with 12 takles and a forced fumble. He was a beast today.

Houston&
houston_cougars.gif

Last edited:
Just got home from the game. I'm sunburned and tired, but happy. The Coogs defense still scares me, but in Keenum we trust.

Coogs with 750 yards total offense and Southern Miss with 608 yards.

It was like watching a tennis match with the ball going back and forth on the field.

Marcus McGraw should be the Defensive Player Of The Game with 12 takles and a forced fumble. He was a beast today.
With over 1,300 yards of offense, I don't see how anybody could be a defensive player of the game.

I was going to go to this game and glad I didn't. The defensive play probably would have killed me.

With over 1,300 yards of offense, I don't see how anybody could be a defensive player of the game.

I was going to go to this game and glad I didn't. The defensive play probably would have killed me.

It was frustrating at times, but they also made a few plays. They blocked two extra points and returned one of them for a TD, for instance.

Great game. They scared me at the end - and I get enough of those scares from the Texans. Had a great time with some great Coog fans. I'm worn out, slightly burned, and I'm looking forward to the next one. Go Coogs!

For those of you that missed the game, Case set a career high 559 yards passing today. The Spirit of Houston performed "Thriller" and were all decked out in Halloween costumes.

Great game. They scared me at the end - and I get enough of those scares from the Texans. Had a great time with some great Coog fans. I'm worn out, slightly burned, and I'm looking forward to the next one. Go Coogs!

For those of you that missed the game, Case set a career high 559 yards passing today. The Spirit of Houston performed "Thriller" and were all decked out in Halloween costumes.

How long was the game?

It was frustrating at times, but they also made a few plays. They blocked two extra points and returned one of them for a TD, for instance.

Safety.

That was a good game. Houston lost the ball on the initial drive that USM was able to score but missed the point after. After then UH was in control until the nailbiter towards the end. Someone mentioned sunburn, and given the very nice weather it was funny that the next day I was at least a shade darker.

Keenum is a system QB; it's frustrating watching him play.

Every QB is a system QB. They all play in a system.

A system QB is one who will only succeed under a particular system. A good QB can play in a couple systems.

Kevin Kolb with 2 starts for McNabb: 65% completions, 741 yards, 4 TD's and 3 picks. Not too shabby for a guy coming from Art Briles' crazy "system" and going to the WCO.

Another alleged "system" QB from the spread offense at Alcorn State had himself a nice little pro career in a conventional offense: Steve McNair.

I know some people like to use Andre Ware as the poster child for "system" QB failures, but lets be realistic about it. He was drafted by Detroit. Here's a list of other QB's that failed in detroit going back to the 1980's:

1980-89
• Eric Hipple -- 57 (27-30)
• Gary Danielson -- 39 (17-21-1)
• Chuck Long -- 21 (4-17)
• Rusty Hilger -- 9 (3-6)
• Rodney Peete -- 8 (3-5)
• Bob Gagliano -- 7 (4-3)
• Joe Ferguson -- 5 (2-3)
• Todd Hons -- 3 (1-2)
• Jeff Komlo -- 2 (0-2)
• John Witkowski -- 1 (0-1)

1990-99
• Scott Mitchell -- 57 (27-30)
• Rodney Peete -- 39 (18-21)
• Charlie Batch -- 22 (11-11)
• Erik Kramer -- 15 (10-5)
• Dave Krieg -- 7 (5-2)
• Andre Ware -- 6 (3-3)
• Gus Frerotte -- 6 (2-4)
• Bob Gagliano -- 4 (2-2)
• Don Majkowski -- 2 (1-1)
• Frank Reich -- 2 (0-2)

2000-08
• Joey Harrington -- 55 (18-37)
• Jon Kitna -- 36 (10-26)
• Charlie Batch -- 24 (8-16)
• Mike McMahon -- 7 (1-6)
• Dan Orlovsky -- 7 (0-7)
• Daunte Culpepper -- 5 (0-5)
• Jeff Garcia -- 5 (1-4)
• Ty Detmer -- 4 (1-3)

And finally, my favorite name in all of professional sports

• Stoney Case -- 1 (1-0)

Last edited:
Kevin Kolb with 2 starts for McNabb: 65% completions, 741 yards, 4 TD's and 3 picks. Not too shabby for a guy coming from Art Briles' crazy "system" and going to the WCO.

Another alleged "system" QB from the spread offense at Alcorn State had himself a nice little pro career in a conventional offense: Steve McNair.

I know some people like to use Andre Ware as the poster child for "system" QB failures, but lets be realistic about it. He was drafted by Detroit. Here's a list of other QB's that failed in detroit going back to the 1980's:

1980-89
• Eric Hipple -- 57 (27-30)
• Gary Danielson -- 39 (17-21-1)
• Chuck Long -- 21 (4-17)
• Rusty Hilger -- 9 (3-6)
• Rodney Peete -- 8 (3-5)
• Bob Gagliano -- 7 (4-3)
• Joe Ferguson -- 5 (2-3)
• Todd Hons -- 3 (1-2)
• Jeff Komlo -- 2 (0-2)
• John Witkowski -- 1 (0-1)

1990-99
• Scott Mitchell -- 57 (27-30)
• Rodney Peete -- 39 (18-21)
• Charlie Batch -- 22 (11-11)
• Erik Kramer -- 15 (10-5)
• Dave Krieg -- 7 (5-2)
• Andre Ware -- 6 (3-3)
• Gus Frerotte -- 6 (2-4)
• Bob Gagliano -- 4 (2-2)
• Don Majkowski -- 2 (1-1)
• Frank Reich -- 2 (0-2)

2000-08
• Joey Harrington -- 55 (18-37)
• Jon Kitna -- 36 (10-26)
• Charlie Batch -- 24 (8-16)
• Mike McMahon -- 7 (1-6)
• Dan Orlovsky -- 7 (0-7)
• Daunte Culpepper -- 5 (0-5)
• Jeff Garcia -- 5 (1-4)
• Ty Detmer -- 4 (1-3)

And finally, my favorite name in all of professional sports

• Stoney Case -- 1 (1-0)
Kolb is a good QB, I never called him out.

Keenum on the other hand, is slightly better than Tech QBs. I hate watching him play, especially in person.

Back